“Open it at 5”

Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We got there just before 5, and were the first to be let in. There were five in our group. We had a nice and comfortable booth. Started with wine....very good. Then had the corn-bread appetizer - very good (fortunately not spicy). Everyone loved their meal. One party member was informed the meal he ordered wasn't available (could not hear the problem). They would comp his second choice (nice that they did that). He was disappointed, but he liked his alternative. Overall, service was good, very attentive, and friendly. Meals were very good (especially a specialty they have - the carrots).

Reviewed January 12, 2014

This is my second visit to Bandera. Glad I made reservations as this place fills up quickly on a Friday night.

Food is fast served and the staff is very friendly. It does get a bit busy and loud, so just have that in mind for whatever type of dinner you have planned.

There are not a ton of selections on the menu, but my go to is the chicken salad - great! Smoky chicken and nice fresh lettuce.

Would definitely come back if I was in the area.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

always a good meal. limited menu but varied enough to please everyone. all items always well prepared. attentive service. very convenient to old scottsdale activities. basically I can choose any item on their menu and be happy.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We pass a Bandera off of the Coast Highway in CA and have always wanted to stop and try it out...it is always busy. On a recent road trip to AZ, we dined at the Bandera in Scottsdale, and I was a bit underwhelmed. We waited over 45 minutes, which was not a big deal, we were on vacation and having a good time. The Iced Tea is excellent. I got the Rotisserie chicken, which is basically half a chicken. The problem I have is the portion size for the money spent. The chicken leg is very small, a couple of small bites. The thigh piece looked very unappetizing, I will not go into detail, but I would not have eaten it based on the way it looked. The breast piece was good, but pretty small. If I would have been really hungry, I would have walked away very disappointed. The chicken breast tasted really good, but unless they offer a double breast option in the future, I will not be going back. The sides, aw, the sides. Pretty much saved the day for me. I got the rice and a side of the mashed potatoes because I did not know if I would like the lime rice, not a big citrus on food fan. The first bite of rice is funny, I did not know if this rice was amazing or horrible. I took a few more bites and decided I liked it, odd taste but in a good way, would have it again. The mashed potatoes were green, like the rice, and very good. I heard they have cabbage in them? Very odd, but man they were good. The fact that they did not offer bread service, the small portion size on the chicken, and the wait are all reasons I will not be going back. My wife like her Enchilada, at least I think that is what it was, but said it was very spicy. She liked the rice too, and agreed that it is a unique dish.

1  Thank Dayve
Reviewed January 5, 2014

It was our second time. The hostess was a little bit too serious but the staff is great, very professional and kind. The menu is limited and the portions are not to big but everything we tried was tasty and good. We liked the duo dip and corn bread from the starters and the both of the rotisserie chicken dishes (one of them is with beef ribs). My wife ordered the Oreo cookie dessert and enjoyed it. No doubt will visit again.

1  Thank Shai A