“disappointing, over-rated”

Ranked #71 of 1,276 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: South Scottsdale
Description: Veneto Tratoria is an independently owned and operated restaurant featuring authentic Northern Italian cuisine with an accent on Venetian specialties. All dishes are traditionally prepared, lightly seasoned, made with fine quality, fresh ingredients. Most pastas and all deserts house-made. A restaurant true to its Italian heritage, including Italian ownership, with the chef and many staff members from Italy and very knowledgeable about food and wine.. A warm and friendly atmosphere with a loyal following of locals and Europeans who frequent Scottsdale. The warm and friendly atmosphere of a real Italian Trattoria. Fine quality dining at reasonable prices with the special attention to details only found in independently owned establishments.
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I was with my mom in this area so looked on Trip Advisor for a place to have lunch. The reviews were fairly good so I decided to give it a try. Some of the other restaurants in this complex were fairly full, this one was empty...that should've been a red flag.
The waitress seemed a little sloppy when she took our order, but originally I put that to the fact that she was Italian and maybe we had a language issue. After about 10 minutes she came back to my table and asked if I had ordered a mozzarella & prosciutto panini. I said yes. A couple of minutes later, she brought out my sandwich and my mom's salad. The panini had not been put in the press. It was cold, cold. And not the type of cold from it sitting waiting to be delivered, but the type of cold where everything just was assembled from the walk-in. I waved her down because I wanted to clarify that I had indeed ordered a panini. She said yes and brought it back to the kitchen. When she returned, the grill marks were on the bread (which they weren't before) and the sandwich had definitely been pressed. I don't mind errors. But, as someone who was a waitress in college, the waitress is quality control...and if something as obvious as a sandwich not being prepared correctly, I would've sent it back to the kitchen before it went to the customer.
No true apologies...Everything was average. Certainly not worthy of the stellar ratings. Will not go back.

2  Thank Greekartist
There are newer reviews for Veneto Trattoria

Reviewed March 17, 2014

My family comes to Scorttsdale for a long baseball weekend early every March. We discovered Veneto Trattoria quite a few years ago and it quickly became our favorite place, our only "must go-to" restaurant. The food is always exquisite; I had the leomon sole (one of the specials) and it was really good. I also had a nice white wine and there was plenty of pasta to share. As we always share with each other, I sampled liberally and it was all good. We were outside as we prefer and it's so pleasant, it's hard to believe the outside is actually jutting into a parking lot of a strip mall. I recommend it to everyone I hear is going to Scottsdale so they too can enjoy this delight.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

We went with a party of 4. The waiter read us the specials and we all asked if ones we were interested in contained cream. We were very clear that we could not have cream. 3 of the 4 dishes had cream when served! 2 were supposed to have "a lite tomato sauce." There was not a trace of red in this very creamy sauce. My dish was obviously a blush sauce. The waiter came back and admitted that the two were the wrong dish. My husband kept his, but the other one returned his for the correct dish. He kept denying (lying) that mine had cream. There was no question that it did. We ordered dessert as well. The waiter who clearly misled us, served the wrong food and lied, did not even offer to remove the wrong food from the check or comp us dessert. Nor did he offer to bring my husband, whom he served the wrong dish to, something else. The food was pretty good, but the service was so poor, I will never return to this restaurant or recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank 4travelingal
Reviewed March 8, 2014

The restaurant was quite busy and at first the service was a little slow ( we were really hungry!) but our meals were well worth the wait. We were on the patio and the atmosphere was lively. A great place.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

One plus for this great Italian eatery is its strip mall location away from the crowds and pretension of downtown Scottsdale. If you want to be seen, stay downtown. But if you want a tasty, authentic Italian meal at a reasonable price in a nice-enough setting, try this place. We loved it.