“Ice Cream Heaven”

Sugar Bowl Ice Cream Parlor
Ranked #2 of 41 Dessert in Scottsdale
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
London, Canada
“Ice Cream Heaven”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We went here for "lunch" New Years Eve on our visit to old Scottsdale. I had the Ice Cream Brownie which was amazing. My Wife had there extremely large Bannana split. I did not think she would be able to finish it but it was so good she ate every last bit. We missed the giant sign that said "You must be seated" and sat ourselves. The waiter was excellent and we had a great time at the Sugar Bowl :) I wish I could go back everyday.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Jeff A

Mesa, Arizona
“Yummy”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I've only had the ice cream, but it's so good. Although in the last couple years I've been there I've noticed that the portions are getting smaller for a higher price, but I guess that's the way of the world.

Visited September 2012
Naples, Florida
“A Blast from the Past!”
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

An Old Fashioned ice cream shoppe just like you remember. Service is quick. Portions are adequate and my granddaughter swears the mint chocolate sundae is to die for! Place is clean and a pleasant reminder of gentler times.

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Kids loved it”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I have been going to the sugar bowl for close to 10 years. Always a great place to grab a quick shake or scoop and watch the hustle of Old Town outside. Now that I have kids of my own I bring them when we are in the area. They loved the retro feel of it, kind of like a delicious time machine. The place could certainly use a little work done, ceilings, interior etc but other that that the place is classic and really holds true to its origins. The food is good too! Looking forward to yet another visit, keep up the good work! Cheers.

• Visited November 2012
Oban, United Kingdom
“Sweet Sugar!!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

It's like a traditional ice cream parlour, the ice cream is wonderful & you can have something to eat at the same time. It is a great place to find something to cool down with.

Visited January 2012