“lovely food with fantastic service”
Review of Rancho Pinot Grill

Rancho Pinot Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Rancho Pinot Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #177 of 1,261 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: South Scottsdale
Cross street: Lincoln Dr.
Description: Rancho Pinot is a friendly, locally-loved "neighborhood" restaurant, featuring the best of the season from our local suppliers. Chef owned and operated for the past 17 years...we strive to make you feel welcomed and comfortable in our retro western-inspired dining room. Our cooking is simply satisfying and delicious...no fluff, no gimmicks...just homemade goodness for the worldly palate. Open kitchen, mesquite-fired grill, homemade ice creams & sorbets, artisan cocktails, wine cellar, wine-on-tap, draft beer.
Cave Creek, Arizona
“lovely food with fantastic service”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Clearly a neighbourhood favourite, this place won't disappoint. Very professional and accommodating service. Food was very tasty and there were many interesting dishes on offer. We particularly liked the squash blossoms and the scallop starters and the cherry upside cake is to die for. Highly recommended.

Visited August 2014

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Seafood in AZ? Are ya nuts?”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Read my earlier review of Rancho in October. I just had to write again. This is my go to restaurant when I just have to have a great meal. I had the best seafood salad I think I have ever had! Counting them from every coast and Italy this is compliment. There must have been 6 grilled shrimp (good sized too) in an appetizer salad with fresh tender grilled Octopus. The perfect vinaigrette dressing made the cucumbers, fennel, tomato, celery and preserved lemon taste fantastic. I cannot imagine a better salad on a hot night or any night. I also had the garganelli pasta with summer squash, pancetta, spinach, and pecorino. It was a real brain breaker to decide between that or the fresh pappadelle and slow braised pork which I also love. The pasta was fantastic - all the flavors bursting for attention. I am on a diet but we had to have something a little sweet. The homemade strawberry shortcake was a arm wrestle, but the gelato won. Coconut, & salted caramel were perfect to share. I want to go every weekend.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank johann r
Camdenton, MO
“Superb food”
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

This strangely themed restaurant tucked in the corner of a strip mall can boast some of the best food in this city of a zillion restaurants. All six of us raved about our diverse choices from a one page menu of unique small plates and full meals. The staff was warm and welcoming. The atmosphere was perfect for conversation. A real gem.

Visited July 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Rancho Pilot is a great neighborhood gathering place.”
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

A very active and friendly bar, with 15 or so dining tables surrounded by a western motif. Flank steak was tender and just about the right portion. Our dinner partners shared grilled salmon and they were adamant about wanting it well done. First serving was still a little too rare for them, but our waiter, Fritz, was right there to take it back to the kitchen and get it right. A scallop appetizer was too well done for me, but desert soothed us all! Wine list was extensive, but by the glass was limited, at least for whites. Laid back atmosphere will entice us to return. Worth it!!

• Visited May 2014
The Dalles, OR
“Consistently excellent”
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

We've been coming to Rancho Pinot every time we visit Scottsdale and it's always great. Lovely decor. Great, diverse menu. Super bar. Great waiter. I had Nonni's chicken, a standard on their menu, which was delicious. Mom had the lamb chops, which were even better. My wife had 2 appetizers and was in heaven. We split a very yummy strawberry shortcake, which was a perfect end to a lovely meal.

Visited May 2014