“Instant tuna.”
Review of Rancho Pinot Grill

Rancho Pinot Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Rancho Pinot Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #166 of 1,262 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: South Scottsdale
Cross street: Lincoln Dr.
Description: Rancho Pinot is a friendly, locally-loved "neighborhood" restaurant, featuring the best of the season from our local suppliers. Chef owned and operated for the past 17 years...we strive to make you feel welcomed and comfortable in our retro western-inspired dining room. Our cooking is simply satisfying and delicious...no fluff, no gimmicks...just homemade goodness for the worldly palate. Open kitchen, mesquite-fired grill, homemade ice creams & sorbets, artisan cocktails, wine cellar, wine-on-tap, draft beer.
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Instant tuna.”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I haven't been in this restaurant for years, i use to love their food and wine list, so that day, i was in the neighborhood, i decided to treat myself with a delicious lunch!
BAD IDEA.
I was greeted by a strange looking fellow, directly escaped from a Vaudeville play, withe the curly late 1800" mustache, a funny melon hat (this is not a jock!), and speaking "frontier-English", something like : Howdy Partner! I was slightly amused and entertain.
I was sat and the very frantic waitress was there in no time taking my order, fine, its lunch after all.

Now, here is the Tamale : i ordered the Ahi tuna salad (fresh tuna to be served very rare) and a glass of Sauvignon blanc. The wine came rapidly (note : the wines by the glass are cheaper than most places, but the serving are smaller less than 6 oz, no doubts), as fast as the wine the tuna salad arrived, less than 2 minutes from the time i ordered!!! Whoaa! that is impressive, i was quite pleased as i was starving, only one problem : the Ahi was very, very well done. Don't take me wrong, i will wait for good food, but to serve your customer, a send-back order, that is just plain awful, because, this is what i got. Nobody can overcook a piece of fish that fast, not even a microwave, well maybe...
I hate the greens, left the fish. the waitress came cleaned the plate, never asked anything and dropped the check. The dining room looked completely in disarray with large parties of older ladies, lots of separate checks, lots of waiters running, i was lost in the drama, never to be found... I wanted to say something, but i had a strange feeling my voice or opinion would not be heard, so the Hell with it!!!
I will try them again in ten years.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank irrawady

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“don't miss”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Casual setting but absolutely outstanding food. Truly one of the best meals I can remember (and we eat out a lot). My salad was innovative and delicious as was everything brought to the table.

• Visited March 2012
Johns Island, South Carolina
“Yummmmmm!”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Always great drinks, food and service. We've been many times, trying lots of different dishes and haven't found a klinker yet. Love the "old west" photos and memorabilia, love the pleasant grown-up atmosphere, love the gnocchi with lamb ragu, nonni's chicken, whatever fish special they're featuring, the veggie pasta. Everything is good and the service matches the food.
Enjoy!

Visited February 2012
Cincinnati
“Good stuff”
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Visiting from Cincinnati for the week - the best meal we had all week.

Excellent food at a good price. Lamb chops were excellent - my wife also enjoyed the fish special. We also were recommended a great Pinot. Don't get scared away by the surroundings - it is located in the parking lot of a Walgreens.

• Visited March 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“GREAT wine list”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

This place has turned us on to some great bottles of wine, which we now buy from a local wine shop on a regular basis. They know their vintners and provide great recommendations - at all price points.

The food here is also excellent, although sometimes a bit salty. They offer tasty, creative combinations of flavors that satisfy.

A business casual kind of dining room is decorated with Southwestern flair. A bit expensive, but worth it.