“Great salsa!”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
“Great salsa!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here on a whim without any research. We were seated right away on the patio and greeted quickly with chips and salsa, but no bowls for the salsa. Maybe it's just a Midwestern thing but I'm used to pouring my salsa in a bowl to dip. But my fault, I didn't ask for one either. We ordered the Mexican pizza which was quite good, very interesting. The perfect amount for two people. I also had two house margaritas that were a bit smaller than I'm used to seeing. But still very good. My biggest complaint was the quality of chips in the basket...they were all broken after the first layer of perfect ones off the top. But the two types of salsa provided were both excellent! Service was good, available but not overbearing.

• Visited April 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“So-so food”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Luckily we made reservations at this extremely popular restaurant, so we didn't have to wait for a table. We actually arrived early so took a seat in the bar where the bartender essentially ignored us until he was ready to take our order. Most bartenders would have nodded or communicated in some way, but he didn't. Yes, he was busy, but it was off-putting. A male host came through to seat us shortly after we finally got our drinks, and he was about as friendly as the bartender. Fortunately, the service jumped up as soon as we met the water server and our waiter. They were both very friendly and attentive. As the weather was nice, we were able to eat outside, which we actually suggested to the man walking us to our table. No one asked if we wanted to eat outside. We are glad we ate outside because inside it was loud and warm. Our dinners arrived promptly, but we both found the meals to be flavorless. We thought a well-known Mexican restaurant would use spices and provide food that was more homemade in appeal. So, essentially, we would not return to eat here again.

Visited March 2013
Ketchikan
“Lovely building, OK food”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I was looking forward to a return to Los Olivos after having eaten there in April 2011, but my visit in March of 2013 was just OK. I ordered the beef fajitas and thought the huge serving was greasy and overwhelming at lunch time. The tortillas were thin and flavorless....really different than other good fresh tortillas I have had a dozen other southwestern restaurants in my life. My son ordered the fish tacos and was distressed that they were soft, wet and soggy really dripping with the fish marinade, and not crispy, filled with pretty tasteless flaked white fish and cabbage with a heavy sauce on the side. Even the soda was a disappointment...flat and tasteless. The chips and salsa were the high point of our meal. I love the building, the location can't be beat, but the food seems hit or miss. Service was very attentive and good but overall the meal was a dud and very disappointing.

• Visited March 2013
Fort Collins, CO
“They Do Not Care”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Went with a party of five, two adults and three kids. Waited 45 minutes for a table, then were seated in a cavernous room with a bunch of empty tables. We sat for 10 minutes without a single word from anyone. Finally flagged two waiters down to get their attention and were met with a shrug and "Not my section." Finally gave up and left.

• Visited March 2013
Houston, Texas
“Next to contemporary art museum”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This was right next door to the museum so it made a nice outting to enjoy the museum then hop over for dinner. The service was average, the place was packed so it was very loud. The chips & hot sauce were very good. The food was excellent and a little on the spicy side!

Visited March 2013