“Local favorite”

Ranked #15 of 1,293 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Always crowded and for good reason. Excellent thin crust pizza and BIG salads. Funky atmosphere. Reasonable and good house wines

Reviewed June 11, 2014

My boyfriend and I were on a trip to explore Arizona and the Grand Canyon when we came across this AMAZING restaurant. The food was spectacular and the service matched. The portions were large, and the menu selection was extensive and filled with variety.

You will want to get there early for dinner though. It would appear this is a favorite spot for the locals. There was a 45 minute wait time when we first arrived. We put our name in and then left to try to run to a local candy store before returning to the restaurant. Upon our return, our name had already been called. Instead of throwing us back onto the bottom of the list, they tried to get us sat as soon as possible.

While we were waiting, a server served pizza samples to everyone in the waiting area. The server even brought pizza dough out for the kids to play with to keep them entertained!! We were too full by the time dessert was offered, but they had a cookie pizza that sounded delicious. We would definitely return :-)

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Looking for a place to grab lunch on the way north from the Desert Botanical Garden, we drove by this restaurant and decided to stop in. It was a good decision. The menu is large, as are the portions. I ordered a salad (the "normal" size, not the available "large" size) and I still couldn't get through more than half of it. It was good, just too much. We also ordered a burger, which came with a lot of french fries, and it was good as well. The decor of this restaurant borders on somewhere between "really funky" to "really cluttered". And service was very good - menus arrived quickly, as did the food, and the manager was very present, checking on tables frequently but unobtrusively. This seems to be a place where people in the area are happy to come back to again and again, based on conversations I overheard between the hostess and arriving patrons . I would eat here again, as well, as long as I had a huge appetite!

Reviewed June 9, 2014

If you've seen my review of the PV Mall location, you'll realize it's not food or price I have issues with, but service and service wait times.

I came here with two friends and my father for a lunch in February and our service was quick, polite and not overdone, but right on the money. Our food came quickly and was delicious. This is what Oregano's should be.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Yes, this is a truly 'go to' restaurant, at least every other week. There is something on the menu for everyone: pasta, sandwiches, pizza, and salads. I get cravings for their food so it is a must on my list. Difficult to pick what is best but my fall backs seem to be their garlic chicken lasagna and the fabulous Pablo Picasso Salad, husband always gets the Beefstro Salad or pizza. Servings are huge so there is lunch for the next day or plan to share a meal. I actually get a take out of their Oregano Salad when I have to bring a dish to a meal. Everyone loves it. Several locations throughout the valley so one is always near you. Expect a wait at normal meal times, we usually go for late lunch or early dinner. Great value for your money and fun décor.