“casual dinner with 12 golfers”

Oregano's Pizza Bistro
Ranked #17 of 1,299 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Reviewed October 18, 2013

this was a friday nite and we walked in without a reservation and asked for a table for 12. the young lady greeted and and told us it would be about 20-25- minutes and pionted us towards the bar.
in 15 minutes we had two tables for 6 guys each. the service was spectacular. cold beer and a knowledgable waiter. we got their house salad to split with 6 guys, more than enough. two large pizza`s, thin crust, was perfect.
what a wonderful eating experience it was.
that made our trip.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,034)

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Have been here at least a dozen times with friends and family. Pizza is very good with a super thin crust. Toppings are just right and the overall pizza experience is a "light meal" kind of feeling though you will not leave this place hungry. Caesar salad is always amazing. Their Italian sausage is really good, but so spicy hot that it is difficult to eat. They should really lower the heat in their Italian sausage and then many of their dishes will greatly improve. Italian wedding soup is great, but one time they brought it and it was sour due to lactobacillus bacteria happily growing in the reheated soup they brought from the back of the fridge (yes, I am an expert on this sort of thing). Almost wrecked me. Otherwise always a good experience here. Place is literally so loud inside that you have to shout to be heard by the person right beside you. We always sit outside here for that reason.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I am from Chicago and Oregano's Pizza in Scottsdale is authentic Chicago style Pizza. The prices are great and the pizza, beef sandwich and sausage sandwich portions that we tried were large and very tasty.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Great pizza! Unique decore and nice outdoor seating. Service is quick and efficient! Get there early, as you will have to wait in line but it is well worth the wait.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We have been patrons of Oregano's for over twelve years when in Scottsdale. The new location provides ample parking and will cater to large groups.

The food is amazing especially when your diet is restricted to
vegan or fish. There is a variety of menu options for the discerning palate.

I know your wondering the great review and problem title.

Our server (Pedro) was excellent, nice personality, very engaging. Then his side kick (Heavy set youngster) (I was unaware until my date let me know months later knowing how I would react at time of infraction) what my date said appeared to be intentional fumbling of plates that spilled on the back of my shirt. The clumsiliest waiter couldn't have been that precise.

This incident has no reflection on the good service and food always provided and experienced at Oregano's. One bad apple doesn't destroy the brand. He will not be there long.