“Yum Yum with Yum Sauce on top and a side of great service”
Review of Roaring Fork

Roaring Fork
Reserve with OpenTable
Roaring Fork is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 1,292 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Cross street: Chaparral
Description: The Roaring Fork captures the spirit of bold American cuisine matched with a contemporary Western ambiance and unmatched service, creating upscale flavors that crackle with a rugged edge. Select from lamb, chicken, beef, pork and fresh fish entrees all perfectly prepared by wood fire rotisserie, open flame grill or wood oven roasting.
Reviewed April 9, 2007

Loved Roaring Fork! I wish I had this restaurant next door to me. The atmosphere is casual and comfortable (we went in jeans and fit right in) and the food is creative and superb but comfortable. I am a foodie, and I like going out for challenging exciting meals on occassion, but I also like going out for perfectly prepared meals which offer little suprises in preparation, rather than dares. My 8 year old found plenty to choose from, and loved the pork steak he ordered. (Side note - I don't know what they do to the broccolini, but he could not get enough and that is first for green vegetable consumption). My lamb was fantastic as was my sister's sea bass. The desserts were spectacular - hands down the best pecan pie I have ever had (the shortbread crust was amazing) and my son loved the chocolate lava cake. Don't miss this one if you are in Scottsdale.

3  Thank BKlein

Reviewed April 1, 2007

We had a fabulous dinner here! The muffin/bread basket was delicous. The portions were large and the cuisine was innovative. We recommend this highly

1  Thank Marigot1
Reviewed February 8, 2007

Our dinner host had heard rave reviews and had a positive experience in their Texas location. Needless it's too bad poor service overshadowed some excellent food. First of all kudos to a truly innovative New American West menu. It's not an easy task to pull off comfort food in a whole different light. Flavors and textures blended well, meats were cooked perfectly seafood was fresh and tasty . Even their Southwest twist on a Caesar salad was a pleasant subtle blending of light flavors. But, you realize how important service is in the complete package of the meal when it's absent and off-center. In summary wrong orders, absent service and a general lack of attention (very long wait time) had our host and guests wanting to leave before we were offered dessert or coffee. I can understand mistakes or small missteps. But, there's no place for indifference to customers.

3  Thank CARoadWarrior
Reviewed January 23, 2007

We heard about this place and their "Huckleberry Ritas" in our local newspaper at home in Canada. We decided to check it out when were in Phoenix on vacation. This place is great. Wonderful atmopshere, food, drinks and fun! Before this I had never had a huckleberry margarita before and now I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed October 10, 2006

My husband and I ate at this restaurant several years a go when he was traveling on Business. He has since been back several times when he was back in the area and brought business associates. Rave reviews every time. We love this place. The food is interesting and delicous and the staff was wonderful. We love the green chili, can't get anything like it anywhere. Definetly a must on your visit to Scottsdale.