“Exceptional food and ambiance”
Review of Roaring Fork

Roaring Fork
Reserve with OpenTable
Roaring Fork is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 1,293 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Cross street: Chaparral
Description: The Roaring Fork captures the spirit of bold American cuisine matched with a contemporary Western ambiance and unmatched service, creating upscale flavors that crackle with a rugged edge. Select from lamb, chicken, beef, pork and fresh fish entrees all perfectly prepared by wood fire rotisserie, open flame grill or wood oven roasting.
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We have been here twice so far...once for dinner and once for the Mother's Day brunch. We live in Sedona, so it is definitely worth the trip. The food is exceptional and the decor of the restaurant is just beautiful. There is both inside and outside space...very close to the Scottsdale Fashion Square.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I wanted to take my family out to a nice dinner to celebrate my sister's new baby and my parents visiting. My dad chose this restaurant since we've never eaten here before. The service was a bit slow, even with my running almost an hour late. I arrived at 8:30pm, and we didn't leave until after 10.

Our food arrived and at first bite around the table, the salt was overkill. The server and manager were quick to respond to our concerns, but all we received was, "well, that's how our chef cooks." Both my father and I, who work as a concierge and director of catering, were surprised with that response... I ordered the NY Strip but wasn't even asked how I'd like it prepared...I had to add that after my order was taken. I ordered medium rare...it still came out medium well.

Though we appreciated it, the reason why none of us had returned our food and took them up on their offer to remake everything, was that it was already very late for most of us. They were kind enough to compensate some of our items as an alternate compensation, which was nice.

I was hesitant on writing this review, because it is a nice looking restaurant, with a good menu, but saying that over-using a very potent salt (we were told it was Hawaiian Black Sea Salt) is just the way the chef cooks, is not right. If the house already knows that they have a salt happy chef, they need to make it aware to their diners...also, when a diner asks for their meat to be cooked to a certain wellness, that needs to be honored.

I'm not saying not to eat here, just be prepared if you're not a fan of salt. I might give Roaring Fork a second chance and hope my last experience was just a fluke...

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Roaring Fork frowns on Happy Hours ending at 6 p.m. or 7 p.m. NOPE! They go straight through until 10 p.m. EVERY night! Gotta love it. I don't have to rush out of work to relax. If I run late at the office, there's still plenty of time for a fabulous burger (no bun; I substitute their amazing green beans instead of the french fries) or a gorgeous salad! Great wines at excellent prices. The patio is kept cool - even during the hottest, Scottsdale evenings. Wonderful service, too!

Reviewed July 21, 2014

My daughter and I had their Happpy Hour for dinner on a Sunday nite. The place was lively for Scottsdale in the summer and we took this as a good sign. Our waiter was great and took very good care of us. The drinks were potent and the food was very good. We would return and bring frineds!

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Fabulous dinner at Roaring Fork. Delicious food, impeccable service. The Mexican street corn is a must order! To visiting LA diners Phoenix seems overloaded with steak houses and Mexican restaurants; this is a nice change of pace. Would definitely great recommend for a superb meal and overall dining experience.