“Wood Fire Cooking”
Review of Roaring Fork

Roaring Fork
Reserve with OpenTable
Roaring Fork is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 1,325 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Cross street: Chaparral
Description: The Roaring Fork captures the spirit of bold American cuisine matched with a contemporary Western ambiance and unmatched service, creating upscale flavors that crackle with a rugged edge. Select from lamb, chicken, beef, pork and fresh fish entrees all perfectly prepared by wood fire rotisserie, open flame grill or wood oven roasting.
Reviewed November 26, 2013

This was recommended to us by the hotel. It was good, but a little pricy. Allot of sides are ala cart. Make sure you ask the price of the specials! We orders a steak that was on special and it was $45.00 with nothing else but the steak. I know that is now bad, but if I wanted to pay that for a steak I would have went to Mastro's or a steak house of that caliber. The best part of the meal was dessert! We had the pecan pie with salty carmel gelato that was the best I ever had! It was only $7.00 and a large portion for 2-4 people to share! There are so many restaurants to try in AZ that is why I only gave this an average rating. There are much better places to try!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,238)

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Our hotel recommended Roaring Fork and it was great. Large portions and delicious. The food came out fast served by our attentive wait staff. Priced right, this popular place was packed at 5:30 on a Monday night! Reservations would be a good idea. It is an easy place to drive by and parking is a little funky. Call to get the scoop as you will drive circles using a gps.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I tried to book Roaring Fork for a corporate dinner by contacting Lynda Ricci, Director of Private Dinning. I started the conversation a couple of months in advance and Lynda said she had room. A few weeks later we tried to do some negotiation regarding the set meal menu and Lynda went silent. We tried emails, phone calls, tried to call the restaurant itself to speak to the manager and was told that she was the manager.

I have never experienced this type of lack of communcation in all of my years in the hospitality industry. Maybe Roaring Fork didn't need our $6,000 to $8,000 dollars...must be nice.

BTW: we booked at Cowboy Ciao and they were very responsive.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

8 of us on a golf trip from the UK turned up on spec after a recommendation. After 5 minutes they had a table ready for us, in spite of the restaurant being pretty busy. The service was excellent, the waiters recommendations were spot-on and a great night was had by all. Not cheap, but great value for money nevertheless. If we ever get back to Scottsdale we will definitely be returning to the Roaring Fork!! Highly recommended.

1  Thank 1rids
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We ate here a few years ago when we were in Phoenix. I remember having a very good meal there so when hubby suggested that we go there for dinner I was very agreeable. We called for reservations and the only times they had available on a Wednesday evening were either 5:30 or 7:30. We opted for the 5:30 seating and decided that we would partake of happy hour before dinner. When we arrived they noted on the chart that we had arrived and told us to just let them know when we were ready to proceed to our table for dinner. I had a glass of wine and my husband had guava mojito to drink and we decided to share the roasted chicken flatbread. My husband really enjoyed his mojito, he said it was very refreshing. The chicken flatbread was a large size and it was very tasty, loaded with cheese and generous amounts of chicken. We ordered additional drinks before proceeding into the dining area. The dining room is very nicely decorated and it is lovely with nice crisp linens on the table and comfortable booths. Our waiter was Roberto. Water and bread were brought to the table quickly. The bread was very good. There was corn bread as well as a couple of very good dinner rolls. For entrees I had the rainbow trout that came with green beans and my husband had the double pork chops with tomato jam and a side order of asparagus. To say that the servings are generous is an understatement. I can usually eat a fish dish without any problem but I'm sure they must have given me 2 trout. It was heavenly. The skin on the trout was crispy but the fish was nice and moist and topped with almonds. The beans that were served with my fish were still crunchy and not overcooked. My husbands double pork chop was absolutely humungous. It was more like a small roast. The sides of the pork chop was crisp, the tomato jam was slightly sweet and the chop was very tasty. Considering the size of the pork chop it was very moist thoughout. It's a difficult task to get the pork moist and tender throughout when it is as large as this piece of meat was. The side of asparagus was also very large and nicely cooked. We were too full for dessert.

It was a very good meal and good value for the money.