“Great food!”
Review of Roaring Fork

Roaring Fork
Reserve with OpenTable
Roaring Fork is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 1,307 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Cross street: Chaparral
Description: The Roaring Fork captures the spirit of bold American cuisine matched with a contemporary Western ambiance and unmatched service, creating upscale flavors that crackle with a rugged edge. Select from lamb, chicken, beef, pork and fresh fish entrees all perfectly prepared by wood fire rotisserie, open flame grill or wood oven roasting.
Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

What a pleasant surprise this was on our trip to Scottsdale. I had heard good things about this before we went but I never expected it to be as good as it was. Everything was all done from the service to the food to the atmosphere. My wife and I both had the boneless fried chicken and it was possibly the best I have ever had. Definitely easy to recommend this spot to anyone.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,172)

Reviewed March 11, 2013

It's a mix of a cowboy and southwest menu. We like to come for happy hour when the Big [--] burger is available. It's delicious and big enough to share. Very crowded at happy hour. If you are around the area, it's worth a trip. Don't travel too far.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Not being from the area and using a GPS, once we got to the area it was fine. We were just confused on the parking situation, with most of the spaces for handicap?

Greeted the door promptly but waited for a brief moment before being seated. Waiter Matt S. came by introduced himself and gave us the low down on the menu and specials. Very personable guy. He pretty much attentive with all his tables.

Ordered two vodka gimlets for cocktails. Then a bottle of Taltarni Shiraz w/ dinner. I ordered the soup of the day, which I guess was good, but not memorable as I can't remember what it was! <G> But the fish tacos Matt recommended was just perfect. My partner ordered the stuff sole. Nice texture and flavor of the tacos. No desert as we didn't have any more room.

I chose the place because it had an outdoor area, but during my stay in Scottsdale, it was unseasonably cold!

Overall, nice atmosphere, reasonably price food with attentive staff. If you should dine there, ask to sit in Matt S's area (if he is still there).

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We looked for restaurants near where we were staying and found this place...

Sue and I first tried the "Pork Wings"...and they were wonderful...nicely presented and a great app choice. We then each had the "Big [--] Burger"...and it is true to its' name...HUGE! If you're there with your "better half and you've had an app...contemplate the burger, but also think about splitting it...there is quite enough for two...

Stupid Tripadvisor rule regarding the use of "profanity...if something on a menu is called a "Big [--] Burger...then you should be able to say what it is actually called!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

A very busy place: get reservations! The first night, we waited 20 minutes in the bar for a table, but Kari provided excellent service and recommendations. My husband's "Big Azz" Burger was too big for him, but the mixed greens and flat bread rotisserie chicken was perfect for me. The next night, we had reservations for six. Joshua was attentive but did not rush us; the grouper was excellent and the Caesar salad was light-- and a good pairing with Sonoma Cutrer Chardonnay.

We'll return!