“Another great Scottsdale restaurant”
Review of Roaring Fork

Roaring Fork
Reserve with OpenTable
Roaring Fork is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 1,276 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Cross street: Chaparral
Description: The Roaring Fork captures the spirit of bold American cuisine matched with a contemporary Western ambiance and unmatched service, creating upscale flavors that crackle with a rugged edge. Select from lamb, chicken, beef, pork and fresh fish entrees all perfectly prepared by wood fire rotisserie, open flame grill or wood oven roasting.
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Very western ambiance and great food just off Scottsdale Road. The chef came out and inquired how we liked our meal which I thought was a nice personal touch. Recommended.

There are newer reviews for Roaring Fork

Reviewed October 15, 2012

The burgers were good, but I drove quite a distance to check them out hearing the you have to have them. I found them very good, but not to die for. I will definitely go again if we are close, but will not drive the 35 minutes to get there.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

We had rented an apartment at the Optima Camelview in September and came to the Roaring Fork on 5 of our 11 evenings. Loved it from the first night.

Bar staff are great (Tyler and Mike) and on the second visit had or drinks ready within seconds of us sitting at the bar and without us asking.....service central. We sat at the bar and the guys work like mad on both the bar crowd and on the restaurant orders. RF - Your bar staff are the best.

Only compliant would be some of the restaurant staff were loud in discussing the ball game on TV, not concentrating on their work.

There is a great crowd all night and especially at happy hour. We did not eat in the restaurant but had the famous "Bad A** Burger" and fish tacos at the bar. Fish was Marlin and my wife said it was the best she had ever had. Burger was a Bad A** and I failed to finish! Plenty of people taking home what they could not eat.

We are planning to return next year to Scottsdale and this is a must visit for us on every trip.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Based on reviews, we tried Roaring Fork, food and service were ok - priced High. Had their shrimp dish and it was ok but not worth the price. Spouse had their Beef Short Ribs, I thought they were dry. Place was busy - appeared to be Business Type crowd on expense accts.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We had dined at the Roaring Fork on several occasions in the past and always left happy. This go round we had some real problems. We ordered the pork with mashed potatoes. Didn't get the potatoes, but got grits. The server quickly fixed the problem by bringing a side of potatoes. When i cut into the pork it was raw. We sent it back and the manager (I think) quickly brought it back out, laid it on our table with the word "perfect" and left. The meat was like rubber and well done ( I ordered medium rare). My guess, was based on the short turn around time and the rubbery texture it was microwaved. Either way it was not cooked as ordered and inedible. My meal for the evening was grits, mashed potatoes, and some kind of corn relish...expensive baby food. My biggest problem was that no one seemed concerned or offered to make it right. I guess because it was "perfect". We will no be going back.

1  Thank RCost