“obnoxious service and smelly "ambience"”

Salt Cellar Restaurant
Ranked #100 of 1,274 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Salt Cellar Restaurant is known for having the largest and finest selection of quality seafood. Open for dinner 7 days a week, the Bar from 4PM-12AM and the Dining Room at 5PM. Our twin Happy Hours are from 4PM-7PM and again from 10PM to 12M.
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Food was OK, but you can get much better seafood at almost any place else in town that serves truly good food. And you won't have to suffer the smelly, outdated surroundings and bad service. Really, this place has passed its "sell by" date.

There are newer reviews for Salt Cellar Restaurant

Reviewed March 20, 2013

This restaurant will fool you. When we pulled up to the parking lot we were wondering where the restaurant was. The only thing you will see is a small small building. It's only until you are walking to the door do you realize it is underground. The seafood was outstanding. The filet was dry. But my daughter ordered medium-well so that may have been the issue. The crab legs were huge and the staff will crack them for you. I ordered the appetizer crab cakes as my entree and the crab was plentiful. Too often when you order crab cakes you get a lot of filler. Not so with these.

1  Thank Lisa C
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We went to the Salt Cellar while on vacation this week based upon a recommendation from locals who are transplants from Washington state. We are so glad we did. When you enter the restaurant from the street level, you may not be quite sure what you are getting yoursleves into. Go for it! My husband had the stuffed lobster special and it was absolutely fabulous. I had east coast halibut that was fresh and delicious. Our waiter was great - he cracked the lobster making it easier to enjoy. Try the mussels - I love mussels and these are at the top of my list for amoung the best.

3  Thank Laurio
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I just moved from FL and of course am used to pretty darn good fresh fish.... I had halibut the night I dined there and it was excellent!!!!... as was the salad and everything else!!! The service is excellent also!

1  Thank Patricia J
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We received a recommendation for this restaurant and were surprised that it was a small building. However, the stairs led to a wonderful underground restaurant with fresh seafood and a wide variety of selections. The seafood is flown in daily from the coasts and the chef is expert at preparing the selections as you want them. We had the most wonderful meal 1.25 lb broiled lobster, Beef Wellington, crab cakes, clam chowder, and would highly recommend this place. The prices were a bit high, but the quality was worth the expense.

1  Thank MtHermit