“Love It!”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Troon North
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Food is excellent - a little pricey but worth it. Cost was a bit surprising based on the very casual atmosphere but would highly recommend! Don't wear a tie unless you want it to end up on the ceiling as a souvenier. Go during line dancing - fun to watch even if you don't want to dance.

There are newer reviews for Pinnacle Peak Patio Steakhouse

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We really enjoyed our visit to this restaurant. The drive from Scottsdale was very scenic (we're not from Arizona), and it's like you're transported into a western movie when you arrive.

The waitress was very friendly and attentive. The food was tasty... it's not exactly fancy, but if you want a big BBQ'd steak, you've come to the right place.

We sat outside, and the scenery was lovely.. the live music was a nice touch.

We checked out the inside, and it was one of those surreal moments in life when you wonder if a place like this can really exist! There were thousands of ties (they do tie cutting) danging from the ceiling... it was a wonder to behold. We also looked at the gift shop and the display case with the many photos of famous people that came to visit over the years... I think Spielberg made his first ever movie here. We also enjoyed the rattlesnakes.

We'll be back - maybe next time we will come a bit before the sun sets and do a little bit of exploring first :)

Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

If I had to choose one restaurant I like, It would have to be Pinnacle Peak Steakhouse in Scottsdale, AZ. The theme was decent, There was great music, and the location was quiet and peaceful ( although it was tucked away from the city in the mountains ). It was a long ride here and back, but it was worth the drive. I am so looking forward to coming back.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I took 5 business out of towers and we had a reasonably nice time at the patio. As other reviews mentioned, it did have a smell as you walked in but it was just old wood smell, nothing offensive. The ties hanging on the ceiling were a little gross, years of dust, reminded me of going into an old person's closet. The service was really nice, friendly and helpful and for a Tuesday evening they even had a live singer who was really quite good. The food was just so so, lacked flavor and yes, was overpriced. I would say you go for the "culture" and not for the food. I doubt I'll return and would probably take out of towers up to Cave Creek next time.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Definitely go here if you're looking for something whimsical. Off the beaten track, way off. Tons of ties hanging from the ceiling.

The food was pretty good. They do the basics, but pretty tasty. My husband had the NY strip, and it was done really well. The bread basket came out and we thought at first, oh, they giving us slice bread. But it was pretty good slice bread. Not sure if they bake it themselves, but it was thick-sliced bread and still warm and tasty.

The cowboy beans were pretty good too.

They had a band playing. Pretty good, easy to listen to. They didn't hurt my ears.

I'm glad to have done it once. Not some place I'd want to go on a regular basis. But if you're from out of town, it's got some flavor so check it out.