“Pretty Good”

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Mongolian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed October 4, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I love the whole "Mongolian Grill" thing so we have been to many, and therefor have a pretty good base of comparison.
I didn't care for the "give us your money and get on line" trap the second you walk in the door. I'd like to get a seat, maybe use the restroom and wash up before I go up to fill my bowl. This way at YC's I had to get my food and then try to find a spot to sit, then leave my food to go to the washroom...I'll also preface that remark by adding that I did ask if I can go to the washroom first and was told "sorry no".

That is the only reason I didn't give this place full marks. The staff with the exception of grumpy cook that refused to acknowledge a "how are you today" we're very friendly.
I was relieved to see that the negative review over the proteins (meats) was totally unwarranted...it was fine and managements rebuttal was accurate and honest. The vegetables were lovely and fresh with a good variety. The sauces were a bit limited compared to some other chains we have been to but again, not a show stopper.
So in a nut shell the ingredients were nice and fresh and value for your money is decent. (Bowl of food, drink, soup, rice, wonton crisps and frozen yogurt for $12.65 (I think lol) each person. We would go again for sure.

Geoff S, Owner at YC's Mongolian Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2016

Thank you so much for your review! We sincerely appreciate it. We apologize for any confusion, but using the washroom first is not a problem. We'll make sure the staff communicates that accurately in the future.
Thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed September 21, 2016

I just finished my first (and last) meal at YC's. It seems to have quite a following with vegetarians and the large waisted all-you-can-eat buffet crowd but I have to say the animal proteins were simply the worst I have ever tasted. Cheap, super low quality beef, chicken and pork, chipped, pressed, cooked, frozen and thin sliced. The veggies seemed fresh and if you do not eat meat this could work for you. Nonetheless I believe the low quality of the soups and dessert tell the true back story on this place.

Geoff S, Owner at YC's Mongolian Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2016

Thank you for the feedback.
We would like to clear up any misconceptions about our protein. Our beef is chuck (shoulder meat), our chicken meat is breast and thigh, and the pork is cushion meat. Our meats are delivered fresh daily, trimmed of fat, rolled, and then frozen. On the following day, we slice them thinly with a meat slicer and then put them out on the line. They are kept frozen for even cooking and to keep them out of the temperature danger zone.
We hope that helps to shed some light on the back story. Please email us at socialmedia@ycmongo.net if you have any other concerns.

Reviewed September 7, 2016

This place was fantastic. I went there for the first time last week and it was awesome. They let you pick what you want buffet style and then you take it to the cooks where they fry it up for you. The spicy sauces are very spicy, I would go easy on those if you are not sure if you like their spicy sauces. Overall great places and the dinner hour was not very busy.

Geoff S, Owner at YC's Mongolian Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2016

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit at YC's. Come in and see us again soon!

Reviewed July 23, 2016

Tons of choices for your noodle bowl. All choices are fresh and the restaurant is clean. Service is always good.

Geoff S, Owner at YC's Mongolian Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2016

Thank you so much for your review! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed June 6, 2016

The Manager was kind enough to reach out to us after our unfortunate first experience. My hubby and I looked forward to a more positive return visit-and we were pleased with our meal. We both created a bowl with the Kung Pao sauce and it was very tasty. The restaurant was clean and maintained. We enjoy healthy eating and are glad we have a spot to return to when we get a "yen" for YC's.

We are so happy to had a great experience at YC's. Thank you for the opportunity!