“Was a good visit, but not great”

The Westin Kierland Villas
Ranked #4 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 24, 2014

we enjoyed the room, large and spacious. the first night we ordered a late dinner, around 10 PM. did not get what we ordered, and it took over 30 min to arrive. when I spoke to the restaurant manager the next morning, he said their kitchen in the adjoining hotel did the after hours meals (as in, not my fault). he did say he would speak to them. It was over $60 for a couple of salads and soup and beers. Heard nothing. When I checked out, repeated it to the front desk, they acted surprised, said management would contact me. Been two day, heard nothing.

Other than that, it was a good time. They do try to sell you on the vacation time shares a lot, just not something we were interested in.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank jimhWindsor_Colorado

Reviewed May 23, 2014

Awesome property, very helpful staff.
Concierge was extremely helpful.
Property is impeccably clean. We went for a couples getaway and had a very relaxing time. Quiet pools are a real plus, 24 hr spa.
Would defininitly would return for a 5 th visit to Keirland. Typical Westin excellence? Writing 200 charcaters is a drag on these reviews because you fell like you need to make a bunch of stuff up to fill the space

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Spent a week here with four (4) girlfriends -- what an awesome visit we had -- great people at the Villas, great rooms (we had two (2) connecting Villas) awesome views and scenery, great restaurants on-site and lots of shopping close by -- take advantage of the free shuttles to help you get around.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our room that look towards the pools and the kid putt-putt Golf area -- we wanted to be c...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

Every May we make a visit to Green Valley, Mesa, & Scottsdale, Arizona. For the past two years we have chosen to stay at the Westin Kierland Villas for our Scottsdale leg of our trip. Both visits have been great! The front desk staff is always very customer oriented and attentive to our needs. The housekeeping and ground maintenance staff is always polite, they will not let you pass without greeting you and that means so much to my wife and I. One of the other things that is great is the fact that this is a timeshare property and believe it or not they are not pushy about getting you to sit in on a presentation. Most importantly the rooms are beautiful and well maintained. Overall I say this property and their staff really make for an enjoyable stay.

Only negatives:

1)Some of the staff could be a little more personable.

2)The wait staff at the pool is a little slow. They spend a lot of time socializing with co-workers. You'll get over looked if you sit in the back row of the recreation pool so make sure you sit close to the pool.

3) Parking could be better. Get in late and you'll see what I mean.

Unless these things really irk you, I say stay at the Westin Kierland Villas. It'll be worth it!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank mattnindy
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Stayed at the Kierland Villas this last week and I must say this resort was a very pleasant surprise. From the moment we checked in and through out our 5 day stay the service was perfect. Every one went out of their way to make sure all was well with our stay. Restaurants on site were very good as well as the convenience Markets at both the hotel and villa sites. The accommodations of the villa were perfect. Nice living area with a kitchenette that was nicely appointed. There were several grill areas that were close to our villa to use if we wished. Our villa faced the golf course and had a good sized balcony with a love seat and two chairs with comfy cushions. Bathroom was huge with whirlpool tub, nice towels and toiletries. We walked between both the Hotel and villa properties daily and used both pool areas. Their spa was lovely and took advantage of some facials. All in all a very positive experience. Definitely would go back.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank JoAnne E
Scott_Caldwell, General Manager at The Westin Kierland Villas, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Thank you so much for your comments on tripadvisor. I'm very pleased you were pampered during your stay. I look forward to meeting you when you return.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

I was desperate to be able to write an awesome review of our recent stay but unfortunately that was dashed when one afternoon jack hammering started beside the relaxation pool. I understand that repairs need to be made but to not inform the guests of what was happening is a complete disregard of the comfort of people hoping to enjoy the beautiful weather by the pool. There was not even any point in me going to our room because we were in building 1 and the noise would have been as intrusive as staying where we were. The dust was bad too. If I had known about the work that had been scheduled I would not have reserved a cabana for that day and had made other arrangements for my day.

Apart from that our stay was very good. As usual Robin and the pool staff were fantastic - friendly and helpful! Andy on the front desk was very friendly and helpful when we checked in early on our arrival day and Jenny on the concierge was very nice too. I like the renovations done to the relaxation pool - only thing I would say is that once the sun hits the decking it becomes very hot and almost impossible to walk on! It would be nice if a clock could be situated somewhere around the relaxation pool (my husband asked me to put this in my review!!)

We will be back in September and we are looking forward to it!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your loyalty and apologize for the disruption. We were updating areas of our American's with Disabilities access and the work had been scheduled to be complete the prior week. The contractor was delayed and we failed to update our schedule. I will take a look for a spot we could display a clock around our relaxation pool. I look forward to providing the opportunity for that awesome review in September.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

We absolutely love this place.... It is so beautiful from the setting on the golf course to the pools to the staff!!! The decor is gorgeous. We love the larger one bedroom as it is brighter but they did a fantastic job with the smaller units too. They have king beds and a washer and dryer too. We are in building 5 overlooking the golf course. It is our 35th anniversary and they have really gone out of their way to make it special. Thanks Vanessa for the wine and also the champagne!!! The concierge is awesome with their recommendations for dinner etc!! We can't wait to come back next year!!!!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Scott_Caldwell, General Manager at The Westin Kierland Villas, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Congratulations and thank you for celebrating your anniversary with us! I'm so glad you were able to have a memorable stay, and look forward to your return next year.