“Wonderful visit!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Tinley Park, Illinois
“Wonderful visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

My husband and I are owners at this resort and usually visit twice a year. Our most recent visit was for 2 weeks the last 2 weeks of October, 2013. My husbands cousin and his wife joined us from Canada. We had an absolutely wonderful visit! We had a 2 bedroom lock off and the rooms were very clean and comfortable.

I can't say enough about how wonderful and attentive the staff was. Everyone we saw always said hello with big smiles. The concierge was great with our requests for dinner reservation, the shuttle and anything we needed.

We love this resort and will always come back.

Room Tip: We love building 3 for a wonderful view of the golf course and mountains.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Scott_Caldwell, General Manager at The Westin Kierland Villas, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
I am very grateful you are so loyal to The Westin Kierland Villas. I appreciate your great comments about our team. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Scott Caldwell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

Stayed over a spring break paying for a suite but was not too happy with it. Hotel was full so i guess we drew the short straw in rooms. The lazy river is great for kids but do rent a cabana as it very crowded, you can reseve well in advance. Over just fine.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank wjj3
Thank you for your stay. Most of our guests are on vacation. The Westin Kierland Resort does host conventions, but I'm sorry you felt too crowded. Please contact me if I can assist with a return trip to Scottsdale.

Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

We arrived at the hotel and found out that the check in for the villas was not at that location. No big deal, they offered to drive us there but we had our own car. Got to the villas and the check in was extremely smooth considering we were about 3 hours early. We got a one bedroom unit overlooking the golf course in building 5. They said they were doing work on the pool but we never heard anything. Room was clean as always.

Since we arrived in December they had nightly shows outside by the big fire pit. The bagpiper was great and the christmas presentation on the side of the hotel was very cool. On Monday evening we did the wine tasting with Tony, which was a lot of fun. We ended up signing up for the Wine dinner on Wednesday night which was even more fun. Chef Jason prepared a fabulous dinner and Tony picked some great wines. We learned so much that night. We were able to keep the glasses and the next day my wife was trying to figure out how to pack them to talk home. Steve from the front desk was so kind to drop some bubble wrap off in our room that he had from his move.

While sitting at the bar on Sunday watching some football one of the chefs came out and we started talking about the dinner from Wednesday night. He mentioned that he was in the kitchen that night and he was nice enough to type out the recipe for the chestnut and mushroom soup that we had. Thank you chef Travis! Kenny at the bar was great to spend an afternoon with talking football. All in all we had a great time and highly recommend the wine and beer tasting dinners.

Room Tip: ask to overlook the golf course
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your sharing such great details of your stay. The shows at the resort were very well received, and they will return next year. I appreciate your pointing out members of our team that made your vacation more special. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

We had a brief stay here in December following a visit a couple years back. The first impression was the front desk team and they were very helpful since I apparently accidentally booked two reservations. Since I only needed one, the team cancelled out the second one and didn't charge me a fee. I explained that it was likely my fault and the team member literally said, "Here at the Westin nothing is your fault." How refreshing!

We got a SPG Platinum upgrade to a 1-bedroom villa in the building next to the main lobby and it was fantastic. I could live there. It offered a full kitchen, washer and dryer, dining table for 6-8 people, living room with gas fireplace and TV, simple master bedroom, and a bathroom with a stall shower and a separate tub. It worked out very well for us since we hosted family members for pre-dinner snacks and drinks since they were staying nearby at the main Westin property.

We had fond memories of the water slide from our last visit and the pool and slide was under construction during this stay. We didn't know at the time of booking, but did see a note on the property website when I was checking something a couple days before we checked in. I was a little bummed about it, but it turns out we didn't have time to enjoy the pool anyway since it was a quick visit.

I'd definitely return here again. I really love the ability to do laundry while I'm in a relaxed state of mind on vacation and return home with clean clothes in my luggage.

Kudos to the team!

Room Tip: Try to stay close to the main lobby building to feel more connected
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank johnruda
Thank you very much for your great comments. I'm very pleased our front office team was able to resolve your reservation mix up. Our pool deck has been completed and I look forward to your next stay with us.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

Again, nothing short of amazing experience at Westin. The villa was clean and ready for my arrival. The villas were clean, the bed very comfy, and fireplace working. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. The concierge called me few days prior to my arrival to ask me about my plans for the upcoming vacations so they could get some info ready, and upon my arrival I had my contact great me and hand me over all the previously requested info. At 5pm at nearby Westin hotel a Scottish bagpipe would play for about an hour to give you an awesome experience of relaxing sunset by the fire pit. Just an awesome stay. It was an amazing stay...... I would definitely go back...

Green Features: They have mid-week cleaning practices; go green :)
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for such great praise. I love to hear our guests experience all the features of both the Villas and The Westin Kierland Resort. I hope to see you back very soon.

Highland Park, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

We stayed at the villas for the 2nd time a few weeks ago. Love the room, location, facilities which are all well-covered in other reviews. If we were just a couple I think we'd be pretty happy staying here and even buying into the vacation club/timeshare.

As a family, though, we have to put kids in the living room to sleep. And the living room is not very sound-proofed. The "lockout door" between the units seems to have zero soundproofing whatsoever. We could clearly hear crying or screaming from the adjoining room, well-past the bedtime of our younger child. The elevator "ding" is clearly audible. The carts from housekeeping and maintenance, stored nearby, bang down the halls early and late.

I guess the assumption is that families will get two units. That starts to get pricey here, I could do that in the main resort and be almost as well off.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank erb162
Thank you for staying with us again in November. I'm glad you enjoyed our rooms and amenities. I apologize the noise disturbed your children. We don't get many noise complaints, but do have some options if you decide to return. I'd be happy to discuss how we can address your concerns if you would like to contact me prior to a return visit.

Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

Stayed with family in the villas, location was great, easy to get to hiking spots, store, etc. Plenty for the kids to do, kids pool and waterslide are great .Also really enjoyed the lazy river, although there can be too many older kids splashing, yelling, screaming to call it a "lazy river". Close enough to walk to great eating and shopping. Would absolutely go back in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Adjoining room layout is a bit clumsy, but it is convenient to have the option.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your great comments. I'm happy your family found so much to keep them entertained during your vacation. I look foward to welcoming you back.