“It is the Best”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Tucson, Arizona
“It is the Best”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed here twice for 12 and 13 days each in October and November of 2012. the staff and facilities are the best............always wanting to make it better!Starting with check in our bellman, Jeramiah, really was on top of his game, got us off to the right start! Our front desk help with Andy and Cathy handling any needs during ourstays made it even neater, Robin was outstanding in the Market place, always so positive and upbeat......started your day out the perfect way!! Melody at the concierges desk was always wanting to call and help us with any needs. As you can can see Scott Cauldwell and Shannen Desautelle run an outstanding place to stay...............we wish it was 2013 and time to go back! They even had great weather for us!!
Joel Stonecipher

Room Tip: Higher floors in buildings 5 and 6 were quiet with great views
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Joel S
Scott_Caldwell, General Manager at The Westin Kierland Villas, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Mr. Stonecipher,

Thanks very much for taking the time to share your stay on Tripadvisor. I'll thank all those that you mentioned for making a difference. I hope you can return soon. Please let me know if I can assist with your next stay.

Scott Caldwell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (514)
Chicago, IL
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We knew the quality of Westin from previous experience was very high, but our three day stay in October was, by fat the best! Every aspect was as smooth as one could expect, from check in to check out. Some of the highlights were a great 4th floor view of the mountains over the golf course allowing a spectacular sunset every night! The pool bar and adjoining market made it very difficult to leave and see friends and relatives. Had we had the time, we would have had them all over for a dinner party. The drinks and food was/is some of the best in Scottsdale. We really tried to go to the Hotel for dinner, but the Villas Market was too good to pass up. After we checked out we had to stay and have breakfast one last time at the Market. The ladies that cook and run the market (from the time they opened, we were told) are simply the best! I would recommend stopping in for a snack, meal. or apes, even if you are not staying there! Of course the two pools, one being 24 hour, the 27 hole golf course and pro shop were top drawer! We had such a good time at the Villas we really hated to leave. I think a first for us!

Room Tip: Ask for building four on the fourth floor. Great views and away from the crowds. Very peaceful and...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Scott_Caldwell, General Manager at The Westin Kierland Villas, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your review! I'm very happy to know you enjoyed yourself, and wil share with our Market team your praise. There are very many great dining choices very near, and you choosing to dine with us means a lot. Please let me know if I can assist with any future travel to Scottsdale.

Southeastern Illinois
Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband and I just returned home after a 10 day stay at the Westin Kierland Villas. This was our third visit there, and we keep coming back because of the staff and facilities. Yolanda at the pool side grill, Robin at the market, and Steve at the front desk all went above and beyond what anyone would expect in making us feel welcome. And they weren't the only ones--all of the staff is extremely helpful and went out of their way to give us the best possible experience. The free shuttle service to the nearby shops and restaurants is a wonderful service--no parking hassles. Guests at the villas can also use the hotel amenities. Love, love, love the bed and the shower! I spent a relaxing afternoon at the lazy river...Nice! We also ate several meals at the Kierland Hotel and the food was always delicious. We went to 2 wine tastings while we were there, and while the wines were the same, the appetizers and the discussion were both very different; the price was very reasonable and we have learned so much. Thanks Tony! The weather was great, though a little cool over the weekend--but it is November--and much warmer than in Illinois! We'll be back next fall.

Room Tip: We like the golf course views from Building 6. There are elevators, so you don't have to worry a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I love to hear from guests that decide to make us a regular vacation spot! Thank you for your loyalty, and for giving such nice feedback. I'll be sure to thank Yolanda, Robin, and Steve for their role in your stay. I'm glad you enjoyed our wine events, and look forward to seeing you next year.

fergus ontario
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My wife and I just returned from 6 days at the Westin Kierland villas in Scottsdale Arizona.As it was our first trip to Arizona we were very excited about experiencing the Arizona desert weather firsthand!We were not disappointed.The weather was perfect averaging 31 degrees every day with no clouds and 0 humidity!Although we were not under any obligation to attend the timeshare sessions we enjoyed the resort so much we decided to investigate the Starwood option.We decided to purchase a week of options per year.This resort is top shelf with absolutely beautiful grounds and the villas are very comfortable with plenty of room to relax.My wife is already planning next years trip.The great thing about the Starwood vacation ownership is there are a multitude of incredible properties to choose from around the world.I absolutely recommend this resort to anyone!Did I mention the shopping and fine dining was amazing all within walking distance of the resort.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank steve f
Scott_Caldwell, General Manager at The Westin Kierland Villas, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you very much for your visit from Canada. For those not from Canada, 31 converts to 88 degrees, although it is starting to cool. I know you have lots of choices, but hope you decide to come back to Scottsdale next year. Please feel free to contact me if you need any assistance.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 8, 2012

The Kierland Villas in Scottsdale was excellent. The staff was friendly, and they organized all activities. They also transported visitors to and from various locations including the super market and high-end shopping. The resort also provided a lot of discounts and perks for those staying at the villas. I would most certainly go back for another stay. However, I would indicate to spa seekers that it is not the best spa. The massage was one of the best that I received, but the atmosphere of the spa and decor was not as luxurious as spas in New York or the Caribbean.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KyminHtown
Thank you for your recent stay and for sharing this review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and our team. I will share your comments about the spa with our spa director. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We just returned from a week at the Westin Kierland Villas and had a wonderful time. This is our 5th trip to this resort, and we finally bought a week from Starwood. The entire resort, including the grounds, the pools, the villas, and all the other amenities are first rate. One thing we enjoy while there is the wonderful "wine tastings" and wine dinner sponsored by Westin and delivered by Tony, their "wine guy". I don't play golf, but the course is beautiful and my husband says the practice facilities are the best he's seen (and he plays lots of golf). The hotel also has nice pools and a beautiful spa. Shopping and many nice restaurants are nearby in Kierland Commons, a short walk or free shuttle away.

Room Tip: The Deluxe one bedroom suite has a full kitchen.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cowgirltripper
Thank you for you continued loyalty. Now that you've decided to own, I hope to see you back soon. I will share with Tony your enjoyment of our wine event he hosts.

Akron, Ohio
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

This resort is great! We came as part of the Starwood Vaction Ownership plan so we used Staroptions for our stay. We stayed in a 1 bedroom premiun villa. it has a full kitchen, dining room for 6, living room area with sofa, chairs and 40" flat screen and firplace. there is a huge bathroom amd large bedroom with king bed and dual closets. this trip was just mmy wife and I so we had plenty of space. The regular 1 bedroom would have been enough space.

There are so many things I liked here I will just list them: nice two pools, grills, pool table, ping pong, life size chess & checkers and lots of public spaces for lounging or sitting by fireplace & fire pit. That is all or the villas. Then you can use all the hotel items like the flow rider, lazy river, spa, golf, restaurants and bagpiper at sunset.

Another benefit is that you don't need a car. They have shuttle service to the hotel, supermarket, and two shopping plazas with good restaurants. There is also a car rental booth at the hotel. On my next visit I will not get a car at the airport and save some there.

Overall I was very impressed with the property and the area and am planning a return visit soon.

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank Amease
I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation with us. I appreciate your thorough discription of your room and our resort. We are fortunate to be in a great area. Between our property, The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, and shopping and dining of The Kierland Commons and Scottsdale Quarter, I have many guests also say a car isn't needed. Please let me know if I can be any assistance for your next stay with us.