“Westin Kierland Villas”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Palm City
“Westin Kierland Villas”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Our one week stay at the Westin Kierland Villas in Scottsdale, AZ was par excellence. The "grounds" are kept to perfection; the entire staff is personable, courteous, and quite efficient. Each employee will enthusiastically and cheerfully go that "extra nine yards" for guests. The manager, Scott Caldwell, has performed a magnificent job in overseeing the training of all of his employees, as well as, providing a luxurious resort for his guests. My husband and I can't wait to return next October!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the golf course are quieter and provide you with a lovely view from your balcony.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Scott_Caldwell, General Manager at The Westin Kierland Villas, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you very much for your glowing review. I appreciate your recognition, but I know it is our team that makes a good stay great. I look forward to welcoming you back in October.

Scott Caldwell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (514)
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This resort is very well maintained and beautiful. Staff was very helpful. Melanie, our concierge, tended to all our needs. We stayed in the smaller side of the lockoff. It was nicely decorated and the bed comfortable. The only thing we noticed was that in the main living area of the suite it seemed to us to be rather dark with no natural lighting. Had to have a lamp on when we were in there even in the daytime. Shopping and restaurants are within walking distance. Don't miss the piper at 5:30 on the patio at the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Scott_Caldwell, General Manager at The Westin Kierland Villas, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for choosing us for your vacation with your family. I'm glad Melanie was able to assist you to make your trip more enjoyable. I appreciate your comments regardning the maintenance and appearance of our property. I hope you can join us again soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We love this place. Beautiful, fun and relaxing resort.
Villas are very modern and confortable. Close to nice restaurants and shops in the area
Clean and excellent service.
You can use resort and hotel facilities.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I was very please to see that you are a fan us. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on tripadvisor. I hope you had a chance to try the Westin Kierland's new flowrider surf feature. Please let me know if I can assist with any future travel to Scottsdale.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We and our group "celebrated 105 years of marriage in 7 days" in style at the Westin Kierland Villas. It was our 7th vacation at the Westin Kierland Villas and Resort. As always, it was excellent and we'd like to commend all of the staff. We will be returning in March and October of next year for trips 8 & 9; an adventure that we will continue...

We'd like to acknowledge all of the staff for their fine care and service, but also some of the Villa Staff specifically –

Front Desk - Steve, Cathy and Daniel;
Concierge – Trevor and Chenney;
McDowell’s Market – Hal;
Bell Captains/Shuttle Drivers – Scott and Michael;
Pool-side Service – Heather and Trent;
and the great service provided by the grounds crew and cleaning staff, who continue to make Westin Kierlands Villas "sparkle".

We look forward to our next visit!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for such a glowing review. I love hearing about specific members that made your stay more special. We will be sure to recognize each of them. I hope we will always continue to earn your loyalty. I look forward to welcoming you back for trips 8 & 9.

Onalaska, WI
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Just got back from a week at the Villas. We have owned there for about 6 years. My wife and I love the place and are now spoiled versus other SVO sites we have been to. You can tell why this is ranked as one of the best properties. The resort is well kept and very clean. I agree with the towel thing at the pool. If you aren't out there to sit then too bad. One of the problems is that if a cabana is not reserved it is open to have anyone sit there. It is rude to place towels in them and then not show up for hours, in one case close to noon. My wife had reserved one and the towels were out there before the sign was put up.
But back to the good points, which far out way the bad parts. The staff is the best part. Customer service is top notch. We have always been treated like we are the only ones there. We are very pleased that we have bought there and plan on a very long association.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Scott_Caldwell, General Manager at The Westin Kierland Villas, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for your continued loyalty. I am very happy to know you feel our staff is our strength. I hope we can continue to be your favorite spot in Scottsdale and within the Starwood properties. I will review the continued policing of our pool areas with our team. I appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Haley, Trent, and Toni were at the pool most of the time we were here. They were great! They did a nice job engaging with the kids. Everyone had a fantastic time! Haley went the extra mile and the kids knew her by name and vice versa. The poolside games were just the right amount and perfect for engaging kids and adults. Competing for free popsicles was perfect. We enjoyed the margaritas, too! Thanks for a great week!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I always enjoy hearing about specific members of our team that made a guest's stay with us better. Thank you for your comments! I will thank Haley, Trent, and Toni for making a difference with your family. I hope to see you hear again soon.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Did an exchange through Interval ad got a very well appointed two bedroom. Well stocked kitchen, BBQ facilities for each building, nice pool and full access to share most of the ammenities next door as well. Worth a few minutes to wander the halls and check out a few of the pictures. Some were quite interesting. Golf course offered a challenge and I love the ice conditioned carts.. Very comfortable resort and close to shopping etc.

Room Tip: Did my exchange online withy Interval and was happy as always
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and for posting your experience to share with fellow travelers. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and the property. I will let our Director of Golf know of your experiences. Please let me know if I can assist with any future needs on your next trip to Scottsdale.