“Worst massage”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Worst massage”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I have been to many spas at four seasons resorts and other 4/5 star resorts. This spa was the bottom of the barrel...small, cramped waiting room, extremely rude staff...very expensive for the services provided. My one hour massage was more like 35 minutes because she spent a lot of time getting things ready..which I feel should have been done beforehand. The lady that gave me the massage was harsh and rude and literally jerked my arms etc around to get them In position. The facial wasn't much better...a lot of time spent getting lotions etc together and very rude/rough person. By far the most terrible spa experience I have ever had.

Visited December 2011
3 Thank Flowers1432

scottsdale arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Your aura will thank you”
Reviewed October 16, 2009

Never before have I been treated as Royalty! They offer everything from massages to body and salon services, and they execute them to perfection. the scenery is breath-taking and the service and attention to detail are un-paralled in my experience. Truely a world class resort spa nestled in Troon North, located in North Scottsdale

1 Thank davidme30
New York, New York
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 229 helpful votes
“Decent Spa”
Reviewed October 2, 2006

I had the pleasure of visiting the Spa at the Four Seasons Resort at Scottsdale on a recent visit to the resort and overall I found the spa to be pretty decent. I say "pretty decent", because I would not qualify it as truly exceptional in any particular category, but it definitely was above average and a nice addition to a great resort.

Treatment:

I had the "special of the month", which is a nice way to offer a treatment not on the regular spa menu at a reduced price. I thought this was a great idea and all of the Four Seasons spas should do this. The month I was there the special was the Cinnamon Spice Stone Massage. I thought the treatment itself was really terrific. I had never had a stone massage before, even though I frequent spas, and this one was pretty amazing. In speaking with another guest who had the same treatment, I gather that the stone massages here are above average.

My only complaint where the treatments here is why not just make them 60 minutes. I hate the 50 minute thing. At the Four Seasons I am going to next month in Costa Rica all treatments are 60 minutes. Come on, it is just 10 extra minutes!

Service:

Service was terrific. The attendants were all very helpful.

Amenities/Decor:

The amenities were typical of a spa, although I was disappointed there was no hot/cold plunge pools like at the resort in Jackson Hole. The spa itself was pretty average. No drop dead views like Parrot Cay, or outdoor relaxation areas like some resort spas have. It was more like an Equinox gym in NYC - ie nothing too special. It never felt crowded, like the one in Maui did, but it also had a relatively small relaxation room. I recommend booking when the spa is not too busy for this very reason.

I did not use the gym, but it looked ample and had a nice view.

Overall, I was pleased with my experience and I recommend checking it out if you are staying at the resort.

5 Thank beachbug