“Average service at best”

Talking Stick Resort Casino
Ranked #21 of 163 things to do in Scottsdale
Phoenix, Arizona
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Average service at best”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

One night stay for an event and more specifically a Bachelorette Party. I booked using a triple A rate and thought I was getting a good deal and upgraded room with a patio. A friend and I checked around 4:30ish and the first issue I had with them was that I booked the room under my name with Mrs in front of it and they decided I was a man. I advised the front desk that it needed to be corrected (my name is frequently mispronounced and I am used to it, but to assume I am male is aggravating). We went to the room only to find out it was a handicapped accessible room and it faced out towards the pool, in fact it was ground floor right by the doors. It was also very close to the atrium which was going to have a party going on late into the night. My friend hadn't had much sleep so I realized this location may not be best. I also realized that the phone was welcoming Mr. Perkins (i.e. it was not corrected). When I called the front desk to ask if the room was handicap accessible I also advised her of the name issue. She was apologetic and helped get another room (one without a patio) and at a lower cost (as no others were available and they are apparently all ground floor). She advised she woud send someone to the room with our new room key. Twenty minutes later as we waited, housekeeping showed up and were surprised to find us there, so I called again to the front desk and after another ten minutes of waiting as I was getting ready to head back to the front desk a bellman showed up. What I loved is that housekeeping told me it would probably be faster to go back to the front desk myself. We finally got to the new room which was considerably smaller but not considerably cheaper it was nice except it was not completely cleaned, some remnants of decorations still on the way. Overall the room was nice and the bathroom large but because it is slding door don't expect a lot of privacy. I left Talking Stick not planning to return any time soon. Unfortunately, I left my DL there in the room after a long night of fun and they did locate it, so I appreciate that.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank SioPerkins

Regina, Canada
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Nice Casino. Nice Atmoshpere. A little tight :(”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is a beautiful complex and worth the trip if you want to try your luck. It is about a 12 minute drive from the Fashion Square Mall. Worth the trip, have a good lunch and enjoy. It seemed just a little tighter than I am used to, but c'est la vie!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank JandLfromRegina
Phoenix, Arizona
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Lat syndrom, fake boobs and cigarette smoke.”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My wife and I went there on a weekend with a bunch of her co-workers and this place isn't bad, but it's not great either.
The key is knowing what to expect.
- The main pool is packed on the weekends and they have techno music going for the twenty-something crowd, as well as the wanna-be twenty-something crowd. Its basically spring break, but with plenty of surgically stretched faces, implants and guys checking themselves out in any mirror they could find.
- We were in the pool for a few hours when we noticed and film that had formed on top of the water that smelled like a combination of sun tan lition and spilled beer.
- The wait staff at the pool seemed to be working hard, but they were outmatched by the number of people in the place.
- If you're not staying at the hotel, guys have to pay $25.00 to get into the pool. Ladies are free.
- Get there early if you want a lounge chair or table. Otherwise everyone lays a towel down to save their seat and they end up staying in the water the whole time anyway because of the heat.
- This place is NOT kid friendly. There's a smaller pool on the other side of the hotel that parents can use with their kids, but the main pool isn't suitable on the weekends.
- The rooms seem generally clean, but like every party place on the weekends, don't expect to not hear drunks coming in late at night. Our TV didn't work, but we were too tired to report it that evening.
- The casino is nice and had quite a variety of people, from the hardcore gamblers, to the weekend warriors. But the smoke in the casino was OVER THE TOP. I mean seriously, don't go there unless you plan on everyone smelling like an ashtray and your clothes reeking from the stench.
- The shuttle service was good. There was a concert going on, but we still never waited more than 15 minutes for the shuttle.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank ski2730
Tucson, Arizona
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Small”
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

I guess I was expecting something in between Tucson and Vegas... But it was identical to Tucson. Convenient.

Visited June 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Perhaps the Best of the area Casinos”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This looks like Las Vegas once you enter. There is a sophistication in décor, the patrons, always good entertainment and a gourmet ($$$$$) dining on the top floor with an awesome bar, large, and great views to the north of the mountains and city

Visited March 2013