“Watch sunset in lovely setting”

Talking Stick Resort Casino
Ranked #20 of 165 things to do in Scottsdale
Surrey
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Watch sunset in lovely setting”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

If you have a spare hour or so, drive to the Talking Stick Resort, take the lift to the Orange Sky lounge on the 15th floor and enjoy views of the sunset over Camelback Mountain whilst sipping a cocktail. When we were there there was also a live band playing. I understand the restaurant there is good but expensive and you need a reservation.

Inland Empire
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Very nice casino & resort.”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We were just there for the day but really enjoyed the resort feel of the casino. A giant step up from other native american casinos that I've experienced. They have many rest areas where you can take a break from the gaming which I enjoyed. It's the newest resort casino in the area. Really worth a visit. It's built on several levels which I thought was an excellent idea. I look forward to going back.
The food at the Coyote restaurant was top quality!

St. Louis, MO
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Spa Day just OK”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I loved my massage, but was not informed before hand about the pool party, that was going on right underneath my room. So i didnt get the full relaxing experience. Instead I was listening to Shakira, beyonce, and lil wayne, while I was getting my back rub.

1 Thank colornclay
Houston, Texas
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Smoky, but had a nice buffet”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

When we left the casino, I could still smell the smoke in my hair, but they did have a wonderful buffet. Had buffalo mozzarella and cherry tomatoes, fresh flour tortillas, lobster, crab, all the fresh berries you could want, 10 flavors of gelato + a huge dessert bar. Food was great, and service was good, too. Just wish I didn't have to walk through the smoky casino to get there.

Visited August 2012
Easton, Pennsylvania
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Beautiful New(er) Resort but Needs More 'Casino" and LESS SMOKE!”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I visited the Talking Stick this past weekend in Arizona for a friends' birthday...all the way from NY. The place is beautiful as it is pretty newly built (2009). The room was gorgeous and has stunning views. We had a balcony and it was very well decorated and maintained. The bathroom was tremendous.

I don't like that the drinks are not free as this is a terrible tactic when trying to get people to stay at their machines and gamble. In addition, they need more slot machines. People are literally standing over your shoulder waiting for you to LOSE so they can pounce. The place was jammed and it is like a race to a machine. Plus EVERYONE SMOKES AND IT IS GROSS! I have never seen this many people smoking on one place in my life. They need more ventilation. Absolutely HARD TO BREATHE. They need some serious smoking cessation programs in the state.

I liked it, but they seemed to have focused on the wrong things. It's Arizona and its hot. The covered parking is minimal and that was a nightmare. I thought people would kill one another to get a spot in there. Which we didn't after looping around for a while "hoping". Bottom line, the rooms are beautiful but they need to improve the above situations.

Visited August 2012