“Beautiful!”

Ranked #3 of 4 Scottsdale B&B and Inns
Birmingham, Alabama
“Beautiful!”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I am so glad we booked at this hotel! It's more of an apartment feel, with incredible taste in furnishings and decor! The pool area was awesome as well. The staff was really great! If I'm
ever in the Scottsdale-Phoenix area again, this is the only place I would want to stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Wendy G, Manager at El Dorado Scottsdale, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at El Dorado Scottsdale and for writing the nice review on TripAdvisor. We know that you have many choices in your search for a resort and we are happy that you chose our venue. Please let us know how we can make your next stay even more enjoyable.

At your service and Happy Holidays,
Wendy and the El Team
wendy@eldoradoscottsdale.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I can't think of a better place in Old Town to stay. The rooms are huge. I think itthey were condos years ago. Everything is brand new very cool. Great staff, great , value and perfect location make this the place You should stay when visiting Scottsdale Arizona

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for staying with us at El Dorado Scottsdale. We know that you have many choices when searching for a place to stay and we are glad that you came to our property.
Please let us know how we can make your next stay even more enjoyable.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,
Wendy and the El Team
wendy@eldoradoscottsdale.com
Gilbert, AZ
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I have actually been to this resort 3 times now. Each time I go back, I'm amazed at the progress they've made! The first trip was a girls getaway and we had a great time laying by the pool all weekend. We stayed in the black and white room (215) The room itself was amazing and spacious. I can't say enough about the patio! 3 separate tables and a fire pit. We enjoyed eating our meals out there.

The 2nd time I stayed there I took my husband and 4 children with me. We stayed in suite 211, another patio suite. My kids had a blast and loved that the resort supplied pool toys! The grass areas were great for my little ones. My husband and I liked grilling on their bbqs at the pool.

My husband and I just got back from a weekend there. We stayed in suite 215 (Black and white room!) We loved seeing the progress! Even the pictures on their website aren't updated yet. The pops of gray and yellow are perfect. We could see the cabanas coming together, garden areas and my favorite.....the little cafe that's coming! Their grand opening is in 2 weeks and I can't wait to go back and see the final product!

The location is great, especially with the upcoming cool weather. You could walk right to all the shops/restaurants in downtown Scottsdale.

Room Tip: Suite 215! With the positioning of balcony, its shady at the right time!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JaymeW90
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Wow. It was like stepping back into my grandmother's apartment in 1962, right down to the ceramic tile countertops. Somebody spent a lot of money on this property and is making a real effort to remodel it from an apartment building to a hotel but 'resort' is a stretch. Parking in the alley was also a concern of my wife's.

The room was nice, clean, and roomy. The desk service was great. Nice fully equipped kitchen would be good for an extended stay. Bring your own coffee.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KB161
Tucson
Reviewed July 17, 2012

What a disappointment. Seriously a resort fee?! Someone calls it retro, I call it cheaply remodeled. I did not have a pleasant feeling. We got a Groupon for this deal and nowhere were we warned about work in progress. All in front of the construction are containers and temporary fencing. We were told the rooms are all done and renewed. Let me warn you, this is a former apartment complex which is fine but the way the renovation was done is very cheap. They renewed only some things and left old stuff inn. I guess that is what’s called retro without taste. Old, ugly rusted light fixture in the bathroom, old loud refrigerator in the kitchen ….. Some of the furniture and accents did not belong. The flooring in our room was nice but the overall feeling of the place was not one that makes me want to go back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Lucia C
Arizona
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We live in Phoenix and wanted a hotel in nearby Scottsdale after a dinner at Atlas Bistro restaurant (also recommended). The hotel was clean and quiet, with suites individually decorated in "retro chic." We took advantage of a Groupon voucher, which made the price perfect. If you're looking for something other than a Holiday Inn, I think you'll enjoy the Eldorado Scottsdale.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Becky M
Scottsdale
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel after stumbling across it on Expedia. It appears to be a newly remodeled hotel that just opened. The Suites are phenomenal! I asked to see a few before choosing one. The Palm Springs Suites are all decorated in white with vibrant pops of colors. The Black and White Suites are really trendy and pretty, but my favorite was the Sinatra Suites. Wow! It was decorated so beautifully and was a tribute to Sinatra. All the Suites are one or two bedroom and each has a separate bath and full kitchen and dining room and a living room. They are very spacious. My husband and I almost didn't know what to do with so much space!

The grounds are pretty and all the suites are overlooking a central pool and bar-b-que area. They have a shuffleboard deck (I know wierd, right?) but the property is getting a new lobby and pool area with cabanas. The manager, a young guy, said the lobby and pool is secheduled to be done by September 1. There were several colorboards and renderings up. The Suites are amazing and once the lobby and pool areas are done this place is going to be incredible!

Added bonus: Location is fab. You can take a pedicab to the nightclub area or walk to Fashion Square mall. arcadia farms, super cute little coffee shop is around the corner too.

Room Tip: Ask for the themed Suites!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple