WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of El Dorado Scottsdale

El Dorado Scottsdale
Ranked #3 of 4 Scottsdale B&B and Inns
Gilbert, AZ
“Beautiful Hideaway in Scottsdale!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

I have actually been to this resort 3 times now. Each time I go back, I'm amazed at the progress they've made! The first trip was a girls getaway and we had a great time laying by the pool all weekend. We stayed in the black and white room (215) The room itself was amazing and spacious. I can't say enough about the patio! 3 separate tables and a fire pit. We enjoyed eating our meals out there.

The 2nd time I stayed there I took my husband and 4 children with me. We stayed in suite 211, another patio suite. My kids had a blast and loved that the resort supplied pool toys! The grass areas were great for my little ones. My husband and I liked grilling on their bbqs at the pool.

My husband and I just got back from a weekend there. We stayed in suite 215 (Black and white room!) We loved seeing the progress! Even the pictures on their website aren't updated yet. The pops of gray and yellow are perfect. We could see the cabanas coming together, garden areas and my favorite.....the little cafe that's coming! Their grand opening is in 2 weeks and I can't wait to go back and see the final product!

The location is great, especially with the upcoming cool weather. You could walk right to all the shops/restaurants in downtown Scottsdale.

Room Tip: Suite 215! With the positioning of balcony, its shady at the right time!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jayme W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Mesa, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

Wow. It was like stepping back into my grandmother's apartment in 1962, right down to the ceramic tile countertops. Somebody spent a lot of money on this property and is making a real effort to remodel it from an apartment building to a hotel but 'resort' is a stretch. Parking in the alley was also a concern of my wife's.

The room was nice, clean, and roomy. The desk service was great. Nice fully equipped kitchen would be good for an extended stay. Bring your own coffee.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank K B
Tucson
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

What a disappointment. Seriously a resort fee?! Someone calls it retro, I call it cheaply remodeled. I did not have a pleasant feeling. We got a Groupon for this deal and nowhere were we warned about work in progress. All in front of the construction are containers and temporary fencing. We were told the rooms are all done and renewed. Let me warn you, this is a former apartment complex which is fine but the way the renovation was done is very cheap. They renewed only some things and left old stuff inn. I guess that is what’s called retro without taste. Old, ugly rusted light fixture in the bathroom, old loud refrigerator in the kitchen ….. Some of the furniture and accents did not belong. The flooring in our room was nice but the overall feeling of the place was not one that makes me want to go back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Lucia C
Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

We live in Phoenix and wanted a hotel in nearby Scottsdale after a dinner at Atlas Bistro restaurant (also recommended). The hotel was clean and quiet, with suites individually decorated in "retro chic." We took advantage of a Groupon voucher, which made the price perfect. If you're looking for something other than a Holiday Inn, I think you'll enjoy the Eldorado Scottsdale.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Becky M
Scottsdale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel after stumbling across it on Expedia. It appears to be a newly remodeled hotel that just opened. The Suites are phenomenal! I asked to see a few before choosing one. The Palm Springs Suites are all decorated in white with vibrant pops of colors. The Black and White Suites are really trendy and pretty, but my favorite was the Sinatra Suites. Wow! It was decorated so beautifully and was a tribute to Sinatra. All the Suites are one or two bedroom and each has a separate bath and full kitchen and dining room and a living room. They are very spacious. My husband and I almost didn't know what to do with so much space!

The grounds are pretty and all the suites are overlooking a central pool and bar-b-que area. They have a shuffleboard deck (I know wierd, right?) but the property is getting a new lobby and pool area with cabanas. The manager, a young guy, said the lobby and pool is secheduled to be done by September 1. There were several colorboards and renderings up. The Suites are amazing and once the lobby and pool areas are done this place is going to be incredible!

Added bonus: Location is fab. You can take a pedicab to the nightclub area or walk to Fashion Square mall. arcadia farms, super cute little coffee shop is around the corner too.

Room Tip: Ask for the themed Suites!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple