“Quite the spread!”

Butters Pancakes & Cafe
Ranked #7 of 1,250 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Creative daytime dishes & fresh-squeezed OJ share menu space with lunch faves at this buzzy local hot-spot with a comfortable vibe.
Fountain Hills, Arizona
“Quite the spread!”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

My wife's birthday was the occasion for this weekday visit and there was no disappointment! The atmosphere was a bit hurried as they are serving so many people in a relatively small space. That said, I found Butters to be one of the best run establishments I have visited. The servers were excellent and our breakfasts came out in less than 10 minutes after ordering! Has to be an Arizona first!
The menu is extensive and allows for a great amount of choices so one isn't locked in to one particular offering. We both appreciated the flexibility of the menu.
We ordered the eggs and bacon. One with grits and blueberry pancakes and one with home fries and pecan pancakes. My wife's over easy eggs as well as my sunny side up eggs were cooked absolutely perfectly… a rarity in today's environment where attention to proper detail sadly goes begging.. not here.
There were 3 strips of thickly sliced bacon on each order cooked to perfection and wonderfully flavorful. The pancakes accompanying the dishes were light, fluffy and aptly furnished with the appropriate accouterments of blueberries and pecans. They were just the best.
Lest the grits not get their due.. my wife requested the cheesy grits which were extremely creamy and smooooooth!
Finally, there was the excellent coffee. Again.. attention to detail. Their coffee is specially blended for them and sourced locally. It will definitely stand up to the sweetness of the pancakes as well as the other wonderful breakfast flavors.
There is no question we will be returning as often as we are in the area.

• Visited April 2014
5 Thank Dorcale

Overland Park, KS
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Everything was so good we went back for a second visit! Recommend the grits...best we've ever had! Everything here was to perfection. Staff very efficient, prompt and friendly. There is a reason this is such a popular spot. Loved it!

Visited April 2014
4 Thank Calhounr
“Great breakfast place!”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

No lie about the huge portions, you could easily share an entrée and leave feeling satisfied. They're known for their fresh OJ here made with a special machine and it IS very good. $3.39 for a small. I created an omelette: bacon, cheddar, onions, & avocado and it came with hash browns (more like potatoes) and two smallish pancakes. I "cannibalized" it according to my husband, picking out the crispy parts of the potatoes and the bits of avocado, bacon, and onion from the omelette. Hubby had the Sante Fe Scramble~ made with chorizo and peppers. It was spicy and he loved it. Our bill included coffee and came to $27.93 before tip. Service was well paced and our coffee cups were also full.

We dined on the patio and had a view of the fountain. The sound of the water added a nice touch to our meal. Before we left (on a Tuesday) the place was really hopping.

• Visited April 2014
5 Thank SSPP73
illinois
“Great breakfast. Genuinely nice people.”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

My wife and I were searching in vain for a great breakfast when suddenly she said, "Butters Pancakes."
"Where?" I cried out and proceeded to make U-turns and finally maneuvered into the parking area behind Butters.
We were greeted very kindly and ushered to our outdoor table.
The waitress was very kind and the food was great.

Chris, at the door, talked with us and gave us ideas on where to go hiking.
We told him that the food was great.

The next day we decided to go back before going to the airport. This time there was about a 25 minute wait, but it was worth it. I can't figure out why they don't have more good breakfast places in the area if there is this much demand in the area for a good breakfast. I DID much prefer the outside table to the inside, but that's me. Both times were accomodated.

Again the food was great, and we had another waitress who seemed genuinely nice and was efficient.
We complimented Chris on the food and his travel advice, and took off for our airport.
Great job Butters!!!!!!

• Visited March 2014
4 Thank illinoisdad
Chicago, Illinois
“You won't be disappointed.”
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

We had breakfast here two of the four days we were in town. Omelettes were honestly the best I've ever had - light, fluffy and full of flavor. Fresh squeezed orange juice - everything tastes fresh! Just go.

Visited March 2014