“Not bad at all”

Indian Paradise
Ranked #636 of 1,250 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Description: Check Yelp :-) Why is Trip Advisor so far behind?
Sunnyvale, California
“Not bad at all”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Decided to go in here last night on a business trip. Not bad place at all. I am a vegetarian and there was enough choice. The staff are pleasant, quiet and helpful.

I really enjoyed the food, having had a paneer dish with raita and garlic naan. The portions are well-sized for one person and I didn't leave much waste. They also are one of the few Indian restaurants who aren't stingy with their drinks. I ordered a Mango lassi and it came full up in a nice big glass. Many other restaurants bring you a small glass and expect you to pay for any refill. This was great.

It has a nice atmosphere. Low atmospheric lighting, candles on table, romantic hindi music videos playing on a single screen. It's clean, it's tidy and quiet.

• Visited January 2013

Phoenix, Arizona
“Okay Indian Food”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We went here on a cold Sunday night. The place was practically empty. The food was alright, service was fine seasoning was fine, some of the food came out a little colder than I would expect being the only ones in the restaurant. The vegetarian dishes I had were quite oily which is not uncommon. The rice was a plain white rice. So it was fine but nothing outstanding. I would go back and try the lunch buffet if I was in the area.

• Visited January 2013
Gambier, Ohio, USA
“Top notch Indian food”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I had dinner with a group of five and had the opportunity to sample many dishes, including Chana Masala, Saag Paneer, a lamb dish, and several mixed vegetable dishes. Their spiciest level is really spicy, which I like. All the sauces were excellent, the white basmatic rice was well spiced, light and fluffy, and the tray of chutney to eat with the papadum had the most delicious pickles. My husband thought the lamb was a bit dry and a friend said her vegetables were too dry. Everyone else thought the food good. The server got the items on the separate bills confused.

Scottsdale
“Decent Indian buffet”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I had been to Indian Paradise a while ago and was not impressed with the buffet at all. I stayed away because of my last experience but last weekend I made a last-minute decision to drop into Indian Paradise for a repeat visit. I was starving, with no hope of food in my near future and there were lots of cars even after the typical lunch hour. I was very impressed with the naan, and there were two different paneer dishes (one with spinach one with a nice Indian spicy tomato sauce) on the buffet. Both were delicous. The Tandoori chicken (not my favorite Indian dish) was very good. In fact, the only thing I didn't like was the very thin tomato soup, but that is more of a preference issue than anything else.

The waitress was not over-enthused about her job, apparently, but she was okay. At a buffet, you don't really need great service.

i would definitely go back for the buffet.

Tucson, Arizona
“Decent enough Indian food”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The restaurant is cafe-style rather than formal dining and they obviously have an extensive
lunch buffet but we went for dinner for a sit-down meal. After seating, poppadoms were
brought to the table whilst we perused the menu.

The vegetable samosas and onion bhaji were good, with full flavours. The chicken pakora was
a bit disappointing - like a mildly spicy chicken tender but I guess there's not much else you
do with chicken pakora.

For mains, we had: Tandoori chicken, lamb dumpling curry, chicken tikka masala and chicken
curry. All were tasty and about the right spice level. A decent Naan bread and adequate rice
made everything work. A large Kingfisher ale accompanied the food.

We were satisfied - maybe not ecstatic - but it was as nice an Indian meal as we'd had recently
and would give them another go when in the area.