“Okay Indian Food”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Indian Paradise
Cuisines: Indian
Description: Check Yelp :-) Why is Trip Advisor so far behind?
Description: Check Yelp :-) Why is Trip Advisor so far behind?
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We went here on a cold Sunday night. The place was practically empty. The food was alright, service was fine seasoning was fine, some of the food came out a little colder than I would expect being the only ones in the restaurant. The vegetarian dishes I had were quite oily which is not uncommon. The rice was a plain white rice. So it was fine but nothing outstanding. I would go back and try the lunch buffet if I was in the area.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I had dinner with a group of five and had the opportunity to sample many dishes, including Chana Masala, Saag Paneer, a lamb dish, and several mixed vegetable dishes. Their spiciest level is really spicy, which I like. All the sauces were excellent, the white basmatic rice was well spiced, light and fluffy, and the tray of chutney to eat with the papadum had the most delicious pickles. My husband thought the lamb was a bit dry and a friend said her vegetables were too dry. Everyone else thought the food good. The server got the items on the separate bills confused.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I had been to Indian Paradise a while ago and was not impressed with the buffet at all. I stayed away because of my last experience but last weekend I made a last-minute decision to drop into Indian Paradise for a repeat visit. I was starving, with no hope of food in my near future and there were lots of cars even after the typical lunch hour. I was very impressed with the naan, and there were two different paneer dishes (one with spinach one with a nice Indian spicy tomato sauce) on the buffet. Both were delicous. The Tandoori chicken (not my favorite Indian dish) was very good. In fact, the only thing I didn't like was the very thin tomato soup, but that is more of a preference issue than anything else.

The waitress was not over-enthused about her job, apparently, but she was okay. At a buffet, you don't really need great service.

i would definitely go back for the buffet.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

The restaurant is cafe-style rather than formal dining and they obviously have an extensive
lunch buffet but we went for dinner for a sit-down meal. After seating, poppadoms were
brought to the table whilst we perused the menu.

The vegetable samosas and onion bhaji were good, with full flavours. The chicken pakora was
a bit disappointing - like a mildly spicy chicken tender but I guess there's not much else you
do with chicken pakora.

For mains, we had: Tandoori chicken, lamb dumpling curry, chicken tikka masala and chicken
curry. All were tasty and about the right spice level. A decent Naan bread and adequate rice
made everything work. A large Kingfisher ale accompanied the food.

We were satisfied - maybe not ecstatic - but it was as nice an Indian meal as we'd had recently
and would give them another go when in the area.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

My initial experience with takeout here was not good. The Biryani was bland, more like fried rice with bits of jerky. The Palak Paneer was also awful; flavorless and watery. But I’m happy that I didn’t give up on this place after the first go :-)

First of all, I realize that it’s not easy to find good Biryani, and I’ve since eaten here many times with better results (but will not try the Biryani again). In fact, I’ve begun stopping here regularly for the lunch buffet; a real value at under $11.00 with tax. There’s a very good variety of dishes, it’s clean, and the food is pretty good.

For takeout, I’m a regular fan of the Dal Tadka and also the Kadai Lamb or Kadai Chicken … all are really, really good.