“Good Korean Food, Friendly Staff”
Review of Red Kimchi

Red Kimchi
Ranked #722 of 1,261 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Korean
Tempe, Arizona
“Good Korean Food, Friendly Staff”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

A small, family-friendly neighborhood-styled restaurant, with pleasant, attentive staff, Asian decor and delicious Korean food. I ordered the Golbi (Korean barbequed ribs) served with sauces and side dishes of zuccini, fish cake, seasoned cabbage, sweet & sour lettuce, bean sprouts & steamed white rice. The food is delicious and filling, served by friendly staff in a quiet, pleasant atmosphere. The restaurant offers a choice between private booths, tables or bar seating. There must have been some intercom issues the day I was there, because Asian music was played intermittedly, followed by long periods of silence. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys Korean food.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank LadyKathryn7777

“Disappointed”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Mixed bag. My husband really loves Korean food & his favorite is Bin Bin Bop. Unfortunately it wasn't good at all. They used lettuce instead of seaweed. He was not impressed! I had Galbi ribs which where very tender and good. Could have used a little more sauce however. Won't be going again mainly because the distance from home isn't worth the trip.

• Visited March 2014
Fishers, Indiana, USA
“Not good on all accounts”
Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I was visiting the town and took friends based on good review. I regret that I didn't walk out. Korean food is mostly served warm and soups are spicy. The air conditioning was so weak that we were all sweating. I'm originally from Korea and judging from my taste, the food was mediocre. The server had very dirty clothes on and made me wonder about the cleanliness and therefore, I didn't have much appetite for the food served. It was very disappointing and I apologized to my friends.

Visited October 2013
Long Branch, New Jersey
“Great little spot.”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

I'm always thrilled whenever I find a asian resturant with spicy noodles! Add mango bobble tea drink, I almost feel like I'm home.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Korean Gem Hidden in Stripmall”
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Tonight I met my daughter and her beau at the Red Kimchi and we were pleasantly surprised. Originally destined for fine dining, the spring break crowd downtown drove us south to Scottsdale and McDowell.

We were greeted quickly and offered drinks soon after. Although the selection was limited, the flavor was not. We ordered the pot stickers and Japchi (sp?) and both were served hot and juicy. They came with a variety of relishes: daikon radishes served two ways; pickled zucchini; fish cakes; marinated bean sprouts and, of course, red kimchi.

Our entrees soon arrived, which were bulgogi (one beef, one spicy pork) and the Korean short ribs. The bulgogi was moist and tender while the ribs were sweet and sizzling. Both were delish! Each was served with a side dish of hot steamed sweet-rice.

Our service was a bit subpar tonight. He tended to spend much of his time eating his dinner at the back table, which was disappointing.

Overall, the food was outstanding but each item was $12-15, including the apps, so the total for three if us, including 3 cokes, was $105 with tip.

I recommend Red Kimchi but don't expect strip mall prices.