All reviews happy hour cookies and milk hi express managers reception french doors hotel shuttle free shuttle beer wine queen suite separate sitting area free breakfast pretzels refrigerator and microwave ceiling fan spring training yogurt poolside room
Selected filters
Reviewed May 12, 2019

Things went very well... Thank you very much... Arrangements were taken care of... Checkout was easy.... The venue was great... I appreciate your help... Thank you.. I would use Cancelon again for future travels...

Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cancelon.com
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Scottsdale - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2019

Dear Mobile27231981935,

Our associates make sincere hospitality their priority. We appreciate hearing from you and are glad to know you enjoyed our hotel and the level of service we provide. We look forward to seeing you upon your return to the area!

Reviewed May 5, 2019 via mobile

I am not sure what to even say at this point, I wrote a review on Yelp at check-in and now I feel it is imperative to write another unfortunately horrible review on check-out as this experience is absolutely ridiculous. Not only was I treated like a criminal when checking in (see yelp review, it’s worth it), I came across a charge from the hotel for $62.75 after I had checked in and they ran the standard $50 charge for incidentals. Those are fine, of course! I’m no newbie to hotel protocols so when I see this charge for $62.75, I naturally call down to inquire. I spoke to 2 people who had no idea what it was for and they would ask their boss. No response. I called again and this woman informed me that it was a “guy who worked at 1 am who did it so when he gets in, I’ll ask him.” Weird, but I guess? She was the most helpful thus far so let’s see what she finds out. No response. The day of checkout, I call again and the man who answers SCREAMS at me and hung up on me. FLOORED. So my husband goes to the front desk and Jason has a multitude of nonsensical “answers” ranging from not being able to find it, to Priceline refunds (?), to its an “authorization charge”. Authorizing WHAT? We drove down here from San Francisco and the drive took longer than expected so we paid for 3 nights, only got 2, were treated like criminals and we not only need that money for gas to get home, it would have been nice to have for a dinner out. Sorry, we budget and this bs wasn’t in it.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Scottsdale - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2019

Dear Pctbanshee,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Upon check-in a credit card is required for room, tax & incidentals; an authorization occurs to be sure funds are available, but the card is not charged. The balance of this authorization is released upon your departure. I’m sorry that this was not effectively communicated and for any frustration caused. Again, on behalf of the staff and management - I offer our apologies.

Trisha Ryno

Reviewed May 4, 2019

Checking in was a fabulous experience- so pleasantly greeted and easy. Once I realized that my room was not on the top floor, they instantly moved me. The location to Old Town was perfect and within walking distance. They provide free shuttle service within a three mile radius upon request and the driver is great. Breakfast each morning is good and they provide free happy hour weekdays at 5:30.
The only reason why I did not give 5stars is their air conditioning unit was very loud while trying to sleep.

Room tip: Get a room on the third floor
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Scottsdale - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2019

Dear 697dianneh,

We are delighted you took the time to share your kind review; we value your comments. It’s wonderful to know your stay was pleasant. I’m glad you enjoyed our friendly service and great location. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed April 27, 2019 via mobile

Near Old Town Scottsdale area but not too congested at HIE. Friendly staff.
We Enjoyed the pool, hot tub, fitness center.
Managers reception with 2 beer/wine per adult guest. Free nachos, cheese, pretzels and other freebies such as chocolate chip cookies with milk go a long way

O

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Scottsdale - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2019

Dear setuv2015,

I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We thank you for your compliments. Each member of our team strives daily to deliver a positive guest experience. Your kind words let us know the efforts across all departments are being noticed. We appreciate having you as our guest, and we hope you’ll visit us again soon.

Reviewed April 24, 2019

Stayed one night at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Scottsdale - Old Town and had a good experience. It was the only Holiday Inn in the area that offered a room with 2 queen beds and a pull out bed for our big group, which we really appreciated. The service was good and we really enjoyed the complimentary breakfast...especially the Cinnabon rolls they served. Thank you Holiday Inn Scottsdale!

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Christyinca,

We are delighted to hear of the comfort you experienced at our hotel and thank you for your compliments. I’m glad you were able to take advantage of our spacious rooms and pleasant service. Our associates are the key to providing our guests with a satisfying stay. And of course, our cinnamon rolls! Please visit us again on your next trip to the area.