We just finished a 3-night stay at the hotel. The staff at this hotel are exceptional. During our entire stay we never once encountered a staff member that didn't greet us with a smile. Kudos to all of you! As I stated, this is a budget hotel.. but a nice one. There isn't a large spacious lobby or elegant dining. No fancy pool with swim-up bar or waterfall and no beautifully groomed gardens to walk through. BUT, for the budget conscious this is a great stay. The breakfast was above average and there was plenty of variety. The suites are large and clean. The beds and pillows were super comfortable and they actually had nice soft towels which is always a plus. Mini coffee maker in the room along with mini frig and microwave. The rooms were well insulated. We only heard a few noises while we were there and it was pretty full. I believe this is a hotel that the locals frequent for staycations.
They provide a complimentary Happy Hour form 5:30 - 7:00 in the evening. There is always coffee with creamers and hot tea available. They have a complimentary shuttle that will take you within a 3 mile radius. The pool is small but clean. There are lots of comfortable lounge chairs. I did not us the hot tub but they do have one as well a very nice fitness room. They also have a coin-operated washer and dryer on each floor for guest use.
The hotel is just south of Old Town Scottsdale. It is about a 15 minute walk. They have golf cart type vehicles that drive around Old Town and offer rides for a negotiable rate. If the hotel shuttle stops running and you don't want to walk back this is a great option.
If you like pizza go across the street to Oregano's. A local favorite. We also spent the afternoon at Postino's Wine Café on Campbell. $5.00 wine until 5:00 everyday and bruschetta that is absolutely delicious. We also enjoyed some evening music at The Rusty Spur and EVO. I recommend them both.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled deep in the Sonoran Desert, Scottsdale is a lovely oasis that offers the excitement and attractions of a busy metropolis, as well as the quiet and laid-back atmosphere of a Western town. The Holiday Inn Express® Hotel & Suites Scottsdale offers easy access to the area's attractions and lovely desert landscape. Corporate travelers appreciate that our modern facilities include a well-equipped Business Center, as well as an 875-sq-ft event room. The hotel's location in Scottsdale, Arizona places guests near such area businesses as Scottsdale Healthcare, General Dynamics, Boeing and Greenbaum Surgery Center. We suggest that you take the time to explore the nearby, beautiful Desert Botanical Garden. After spending the morning at the garden, head over to the Phoenix Zoo for a fun-filled afternoon. If you're in the mood to go shopping, you can check out Old Town Scottsdale or Fashion Square Mall. While visiting, be sure to check the schedules at Scottsdale Stadium and WestWorld to see what events are in town. Our complimentary, hot breakfast ensures that you start your day off the right way with a hearty meal. We provide free high-speed, wired and wireless Internet access throughout the hotel's facility, and the Scottsdale, Arizona area is easily accessible with our free shuttle. We look forward to welcoming you to the all-suite Holiday Inn Express® Scottsdale hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, IHG, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Scottsdale - Old Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Scottsdale
- Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale
- Holiday Inn Scottsdale