Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Scottsdale - Old Town
Ranked #11 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The room was comfortable for a family of five. The staff at the front desk did a great job of recommending a restaurant and giving directions to places I needed to visit. The children enjoyed the pool and the hot tub.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Scottsdale - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

kansas_traveler38815,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Holiday Inn Express. I’m happy to hear of your comfortable stay with us, and your appreciation of our staff. We're delighted to have had you and your family as our guests, and I'm pleased to know your kids had a good time in the pool and hot tub! We hope you'll have another opportunity to visit us again for more family fun. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is an all-suite property. It is not the newest, but is well maintained and does not show any serious ageing issues.

The check-in clerk was efficient, but with a kind of an attitude at the begining. He then noticed and acknowledged I was a Platinum PC member, after which he became more friendly. All other front desk staff were very professional and friendly as well as staff serving drinks and snacks in the afternoon.

I was upgraded to a top-floor pool view double queen suite. The suite awaited me with the A/C on, which is usually not the case in hotels. With temperatures around 110 I really appreciated it. The suite was great, really spacious, comfortable, it even had a small balcony overlooking the pool in the backyard. The suite was clean, but the balcony could use a cleaning.

The hotel features "manager's happy hour" in the afternoons during the week, when they serve complimentary snacks, beer and wine. Once they are done with that, they serve cookies and milk. Both of these are a nice touch!

Went to use the pool on both of my nights. It is not very large, but was clean and nice as well.

Breakfast was the HIE standard, the breakfast room is large, so there are no problems with morning overcrowding.

The propery is minutes drive from Scottsdale Oldtown, very conveniently located. If you need a nice place in the area, I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms are great as the backyard is really nice.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Slo-Lju,
Thank you for your review and high recommendations of our great hotel. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale, and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay. I’m pleased to hear you found our suites to be spacious, comfortable and clean during your visit. Your valuable feedback provides us with both positive comments and opportunities for improvement. We value your feedback and we hope you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I loved this place guys; I will come back here. The not so good: some kids in the hall making noise (not the hotel's fault), cramped breakfast/manager's reception area. The good: plenty of parking, great location to Scottsdale sites (mall, fast food, freeway, ballpark, grocery stores),
huge room/suite with lcd tv w/good cable, fridge, micro, sofa with cup holder divider, cool room, decent bathroom, swimming pool outside,
and separate sink area. The really good: ultra fast internet (got great streaming and downloads), comfortable bed, great breakfast, near several Scottsdale area Casinos (Talking Stick and Casino Arizona), and fun manager's reception each day (beer, popcorn, nachos, chex mix, soft drinks), and great service. I loved it, please keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Ask for any special things you may need, with so much to do plan your activities well, take advanta...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank bandit004
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Scottsdale - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

bandit004,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale. We appreciate your kind comments about our convenient location, excellent service, as well as our comfortable and spacious accommodations. We are proud to offer such a wonderful variety of amenities to our guests. We enjoyed having you as our guest and look forward to seeing you again. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I've been traveling back and forth to Phoenix on a weekly basis for the last month........and I'll continue to do so, for the next few months.

I've stayed at the various Holiday Inns (in the area). I keep coming back to this one........
Its kind of becoming my home away from home.

The rooms are pretty spacious. Microwave and fridge included! There is a door that closes between the bedrooms and living area. Its kind of nice if you have guests. There are also two TVs in each room. Some of the rooms have balconies - another plus! For the most part, the hotel is pretty quiet.

The staff is pretty nice. They always have a smile on their faces when they see you!

Breakfast is continental. Standard fare of fresh fruit, yogurt, milk, eggs, cereal, etc. I love the pancake machine and the fresh baked cinnamon rolls. Free drinks for Happy hour with chips & nachos & popcorn.

Best of all - Fresh baked cookies at night with milk!!!!

Room Tip: 3rd floor!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Patricia L,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us on your weekly travels from Phoenix. I’m pleased to hear that our spacious accommodations, friendly staff, delicious breakfast, and fresh baked cookies make for an enjoyable stay that keeps bringing you back. Please continue to make us your number one choice hotel in Scottsdale as your home away from home. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I will keep this short. EXCELLENT SERVICE, PRICE ,AND LOCATION! Though I traveled with two other adults we decided on this location due to price and how close it was to Old Town. Walking 10 minutes and we were in the middle of Old Town. Rooms are spacious, beds are comfy and the list continues. Of course the 1 bed suites are the best.

Hotel: Great pool (take a ice chest to have cold drinks by the pool), great happy hour with snacks and beer. Yes free beer every afternoon with nachos, chips, etc and finish it off with cookies. Though it is not a resort compared to others but decided we stayed at this location because we were treated like family. I forgot his name but a African American young male who works the shuttle and happy hour made out stay pleasant. Visiting from Los Angeles, CA he gave us detailed information on the areas and when and how to get there (since we didn't want to drive).

There are Golf Carts (not a taxi because they are expensive) that can be found everywhere for pick up and drop off to the Hotel. Big Red Ride are quick trips to Old Town, Fashion Square, etc.

Room Tip: First Floor by the pool so you can walk back & fourth to pool for snacks & drinks
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Scottsdale - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

EL_GQ,
It’s great to hear from you! We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale. It’s great to receive your kind comments about our excellent service, great location, and the wonderful variety of amenities that we’re proud to offer our guests. I’ll be certain to pass along your complimentary feedback to our team. Thank you again for writing. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Needed a place for business for two weeks. Picked the express as I am a priority member. Got on late and received a room in the corner, little view. Nice breakfast if you can get to it. Today there was a bus and chaos was everywhere at the breakfast area. It looks good but I was just in the way trying to eat so I left. The staff is awesome and work very hard. I tip so I make a sure the room maids, and evening reception get what they deserve. Nice wine and beer at night. At the pool, like being there but has been dirty at the bottom everyday. Not sure it gets skimmed everyday. Lots of foreigners staying here and they are not very social so expect rudeness from them. Overall, stay here, with my travels, you will be happy!

• Stayed: June 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Scottsdale - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Vikes54,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us while in town on business. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, our evening reception, as well as our friendly and hardworking staff. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, especially about areas where we can improve. I sincerely apologize for the frustrations you encountered at breakfast. In addition, I have discussed your comments about the cleanliness of the pool with our staff and I assure you that we will take your comments into consideration to improve our property. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope you will visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

the staff was very friendly and eager to please. shuttle service was wonderful, offered to take you anywhere. recommend going! rooms were very nice and clean, all rooms are suites with nice tvs in both rooms including dividing doors. refridgerators and microwaves are also in room

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisa M
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Scottsdale - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Lisa M,
We appreciate your review and complimentary feedback about our great hotel and friendly staff. I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay, our complimentary shuttle service, as well as our clean and comfortable accommodations. We’re happy to have had you as our guest, and we hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.