“BEST HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Scottsdale - Old Town
Ranked #10 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Ankeny
“BEST HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is by far the best Holiday Inn Express We have evey stayed. Each room has two rooms divided by French doors. Each room has two flat screen T. V. s Full breakfast each morning.
In the afternoon, they have a two hour happy hour with beer & wine, along with snacks. The staff are all very friendly. Will be back!!! Also, this is one of the cleanest hotels we have evey stayed in.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HIExpressGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Scottsdale - Old Town, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
We are all genuinley touched by your awesome review. Thank you for deeming us "The Best" and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Alapaha, Georgia
Reviewed January 12, 2013

In town for business and I was looking for a decent place. This fit the bill. It sees to be an older hotel but was clean. Our TV didn't work but we were too tired to complain. The shower had seen better days but it was clean. The complimentary hot breakfast was nice and the staff were very friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, we appreciate your feedback. Sorry to hear the tv was not working but thank you for notifying us so we can continue to improve our facility and rooms; on the other hand it is good to hear you had a nice stay and the staff was friendly. Please come visit us again.
Surprise, Arizona, United States
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel and was extremely impressed by the professionalism and overall friendliness of the staff. We live on the other side of the Phoenix area and like to stay at this hotel when we are on this side of town. Although this hotel has always been exceptional, the new renovation really looks nice. The free evening Happy Hour is also an excellent idea. If you are going to be in Scottsdale, stay here. Between the excellent location, great staff and spotless rooms, you won't find a better deal in Scottsdale.

1 Thank Anthony P
Thank you so much for your great review and recommendation. Even though you live in Arizona, we hope you will come visit us again soon.
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I prefer Holiday Inns as I am a Platinum Elite Member of their loyalty program and for the some basic standards that I can expect at all their hotels.I travelled to Arizona with my wife for the fisrts time and Scootsdale was our first and last stop. We stayed at this hotel for two nights and then one night later in the same week. As Platinum Elite member, the welcome package was nice but the room upgrade was not even mentioned. Upon enquiry, I was told that the room I had was an upgrade from a poolside suite to a poolside suite with patio which meant nothing in December weather. I also noticed that all poolside suites had patios or balconies. The bathrooms were so small that there was just enough room for one person to stand next to the shower and the toilet seat. Upon my return stay, I was not even greeted as a Platinum Elite member and again not given any upgrade. The room was not ready at the time of check in at 2.30 pm and when I protested, the girl at the front desk showed attitude and told me that rooms are gauranteed for 4 pm only even though she knew about my Platinum status by then. I did get the room by 2.50 pm and again it was the same as I booked with no upgrade. I was told that the better ones were all sold out. Now, I am not the one to suffer fools. I aksed her if I will get one if I paid more and she said no as those are sold out. I then told her that I have the website open and two such rooms are available online. She put me on hold and after a long pause, the Manager came on line and asked me what is it that was bothering me. To cut the long story short, I was upgraded to an accessible room though a regular one was still available online and the entire excercise left a bad taste in my mouth. In spite of its good location next to Old Town, Scottsdale, I shall never return to this property again. Now I am seriously worried about the Priority Club Rewards programme and the varying standards of its implementation and monitoring.

1 Thank psahaye
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Scottsdale - Old Town, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear psahaye,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Rewards Platinum member and for leaving us a feedback. I am so pleased you liked the convenient location of our hotel. Please accept my sincerest apology for the service you encountered affected your stay negatively. I am also sorry for the issues you had with your room accommodations and the room upgrade fell below your expectations. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we have to offer to our guests. Thank you for staying and we hope to serve you again should your travels bring you back to Scottsdale, AZ.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
San Diego, California
Reviewed January 2, 2013

If I didn't know the name, I wouldn't guess this is a Holiday Inn Express. The property is wonderful. It is clean and well-kept. The staff is friendly and helpful. The full, hot breakfast had something for everyone in my family, including my extremely picky eater daughter. The rooms are clean, comfortable, in great condition with all your needs anticipated. They even provided paper plates and plastic utensils for use in the room along with the microwave and fridge. Very family-friendly, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to the business traveler. Convenient to Scottsdale attractions and close by to Phoenix-area attractions as well. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone. It was a real value.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HIExpressGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Scottsdale - Old Town, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Wow, thanks for the great review; we are very happy you had such a great stay with us and please always remember our name and come see us again soon.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed over the Christmas Holidays and couldn't have had a nicer experience. The staff was wonderful and helpful for all kinds of concierge-type assistance. The breakfast was terrific and well seen to by staff to ensure it appeared as fresh and presented during the entire time it was open. Nice happy hour with wine, beer, soft drinks, and nacho kinds of eats. Room was very nice with the kind of layout that precluded feeling cramped like some hotels of this ilk. The grounds were quite nice with a great swimming pool. The hotel is located within easy access to all tourist areas of Scottsdale, as well as to downtown Phoenix via Camelback Rd. and Paradise Valley. We've made several getaway visits to the Phoenix area over the past few years and this hotel will be our choice in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are very touched to be called the "Best HI Express" and we will continue to always try and be the best. Being away from home for the holiday's can sometimes be difficult but we're glad you still had a great experience with us.
Show Low, Arizona
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights as a getaway. It was very comfortable and the staff were AWSOME! The beds were very very comfortable and the room was very clean. Any time I am in Scottsdale, I will stay at the Holiday Inn Express!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
It's great to hear you had an awesome time with us. Anytime you are in Scottsdale, please visit us as we would love to welcome you back to the hotel.