I prefer Holiday Inns as I am a Platinum Elite Member of their loyalty program and for the some basic standards that I can expect at all their hotels.I travelled to Arizona with my wife for the fisrts time and Scootsdale was our first and last stop. We stayed at this hotel for two nights and then one night later in the same week. As Platinum Elite member, the welcome package was nice but the room upgrade was not even mentioned. Upon enquiry, I was told that the room I had was an upgrade from a poolside suite to a poolside suite with patio which meant nothing in December weather. I also noticed that all poolside suites had patios or balconies. The bathrooms were so small that there was just enough room for one person to stand next to the shower and the toilet seat. Upon my return stay, I was not even greeted as a Platinum Elite member and again not given any upgrade. The room was not ready at the time of check in at 2.30 pm and when I protested, the girl at the front desk showed attitude and told me that rooms are gauranteed for 4 pm only even though she knew about my Platinum status by then. I did get the room by 2.50 pm and again it was the same as I booked with no upgrade. I was told that the better ones were all sold out. Now, I am not the one to suffer fools. I aksed her if I will get one if I paid more and she said no as those are sold out. I then told her that I have the website open and two such rooms are available online. She put me on hold and after a long pause, the Manager came on line and asked me what is it that was bothering me. To cut the long story short, I was upgraded to an accessible room though a regular one was still available online and the entire excercise left a bad taste in my mouth. In spite of its good location next to Old Town, Scottsdale, I shall never return to this property again. Now I am seriously worried about the Priority Club Rewards programme and the varying standards of its implementation and monitoring.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled deep in the Sonoran Desert, Scottsdale is a lovely oasis that offers the excitement and attractions of a busy metropolis, as well as the quiet and laid-back atmosphere of a Western town. The Holiday Inn Express® Hotel & Suites Scottsdale offers easy access to the area's attractions and lovely desert landscape. Corporate travelers appreciate that our modern facilities include a well-equipped Business Center, as well as an 875-sq-ft event room. The hotel's location in Scottsdale, Arizona places guests near such area businesses as Scottsdale Healthcare, General Dynamics, Boeing and Greenbaum Surgery Center. We suggest that you take the time to explore the nearby, beautiful Desert Botanical Garden. After spending the morning at the garden, head over to the Phoenix Zoo for a fun-filled afternoon. If you're in the mood to go shopping, you can check out Old Town Scottsdale or Fashion Square Mall. While visiting, be sure to check the schedules at Scottsdale Stadium and WestWorld to see what events are in town. Our complimentary, hot breakfast ensures that you start your day off the right way with a hearty meal. We provide free high-speed, wired and wireless Internet access throughout the hotel's facility, and the Scottsdale, Arizona area is easily accessible with our free shuttle. We look forward to welcoming you to the all-suite Holiday Inn Express® Scottsdale hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Agoda, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Scottsdale - Old Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Scottsdale
- Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale
- Holiday Inn Scottsdale