“Superior course in an area of great courses” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of McDowell Mountain Golf Club

McDowell Mountain Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Entertaining and challenging 18-hole golf course, which has attained the coveted Audubon Signature Status, stretches 6,624 yards at par-71.
Ottawa, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Superior course in an area of great courses”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Absolutely superior top to bottom. The staff were amazing and not only catered to our needs but were friendly, helpful and made the entire experience 5 star. The course is quite interesting from the tips and easier from the whites so whether you are a high handicapper or a low one, the course plays nicely. It was kept in excellent shape, the marshals are friendly and keep the pace of play moving nicely. The "19th" hole is beautiful and the sunset from the bar just caps off the day. I would play this course every time I go to Phoenix.

Visited February 2013

Portland, OR
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great course. Staff was highly attentive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

The course was beautiful and well maintained. Staff was helpful and attentive. We held a company tournament there with a wide range of playing abilities and everyone had a fantastic time

Visited January 2013
Saskatoon
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Mcdowell Mountain Golf Course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

The name has changed along with some aspects of the course. My dad and I played on a recent golf getaway and it was our favourite of the 5 courses we fit in to our trip. The staff encountered were great, and they slipped us out as a twosome early which was just what we like. Pace was great and course conditions were top notch. The power lines that others may mention in reviews are present, but do not interfere in any way with the play, and did not make it any less enjoyable. Greens were a good speed and true. The layout really agreed with our game and I think this course has a lot to offer to players of a range of skill levels. The new clubhouse should be open soon, which will only make this course even better. The price will probably go up, but I will play it if i get the chance anyways.

Visited December 2012
Freeport, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Sheer bliss!!! Beautiful views, great pool and great food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

Sanctuary was beautiful! The spa was amazing! The amenities were wonderful! I love that you can use heir facility for the day when you book a treatment. The infinity pool is gorgeous and their are great views of camelback mountain. I have gone there twice and plan to return in June!

huddersfield UK
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“birthday trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

like most courses I booked as a single for a Friday AM tee time on the internet.
On arrival its a working building site due to the rebuilding of the clubhouse so the pro shop is a portakabin the staff were nice and I thought quite busy for a Friday am Unusually I did not get paired up, so I had to play the course blind. paid to use the driving range as I got there early
The course is a nice playable course with greens visible from most of the tees. and most of the hazards being wash bunkers (its like playing off concrete) playing into the sun early morning was the major hazard on some of the holes. but apart from that a fine course.
I was placed between 2 foursomes which they seemed to be apologizing for but waiting on tees doesn't bother me its amazing how often you wait with a club in your hand then change it having thought about it for a few moments. round tool 4 hours enjoyed it all the way

Visited November 2012