“Enjoyable”

Desert Stages Theater
Ranked #77 of 169 things to do in Scottsdale
Reviewed October 15, 2012

A very good theater company performs on two different stages. The main stage theater is an in-the-round black box space. We saw a very good production of "Into the Woods". Check out the schedule when you are in the Scottsdale/Phoenix area.

2  Thank Gene K

Reviewed April 29, 2012

This is a community theater next to Scottsdale Fashion Square. They have plays for adults and for kids (two theaters in the building). In the theater that we were in, it had very basic staging and seating. We saw a murder mystery (The Pillow Man) that was well acted and engaging. Alice in Wonderland was playing in the other theater and it seemed to be sold out too. This is a small community theater and not a Broadway-type production but my sister and I thought it was well worth a $25 ticket.
We went on a Friday night and got the last two tickets so it would probably be worth booking ahead. The theater we were in sat about 80+ people. I'm not sure how big the other theater is. My sister and I enjoy live theater so this was a nice choice from either sitting in a movie theater or spending an evening watching TV.
They had a snack bar with alcoholic beverages available during the intermission.
Tips: get there early for the more comfortable chairs. Seating is open. Casual dress.

2  Thank HarvestMoon