“Fresh Mexican, Baja Style”
Review of Sol Cocina

Sol Cocina
Ranked #241 of 1,261 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Greenway Hayden Loop and Scottsdale Road
“Fresh Mexican, Baja Style”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We went, without reservations on a saturday night. Sat in the bar for about 20 minutes waiting for a table. More kinds of tequila than I could count.
Food was fresh and hot from the lamb to the fish tacos everything was excellent!
Service was super, waitress and bartender were quick to offer suggestions and favorites.

I would go here again!

El Dorado Hills, CA
“Coconut Calamari”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Very nice atmosphere - upscale casual. Eight of us had dinner and it was all very good but the Coconut Calamari appetizer was the favorite dish of the table. Excellent service and reasonable prices.

Bend, Oregon
“Great food, service, prices”
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

What a nice find. Delicious quesadilla -- carne asada. Good prices and great service. Free parking, too. Can't beat that. We also had the corn appetizer, also delish. Holden was our surpurb waiter.

Visited November 2013
Edmonton, Canada
“Great Mexican Food in Kierland”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Nice atmosphere inside or out. Located in the heart if shopping at Kierland. Good parking in evening. Tasty Mexican Food. Good service. Strong Margaritas. Make a reservation.

Bingley,UK
“I Could Rate It Worse!”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I start my review by saying that I have rarely had to post anything negative on Trip Advisor but have to report our experience at Sol Cocino in the hope that the restaurant learns from it and ensures it doesn't happen to any other clients.
We were visiting Scottsdale last week from the UK and on my wife's birthday, 26th October, she said she would like to eat Mexican food. Lucky us that we came across Sol Cocina where we were met with a good atmosphere, a great reception from waitress Tracey and we quickly had drinks and menus in front of us.
Orders were given but when the food, Burrito for my wife and Tacos for me arrived, it was only just warm. It was very tasty but simply not hot enough so we called our waitress over who apologised profusely and returned it to the kitchens. Soon after, Jason Goetz, who we assumed to be the Manager, came across also to offer his sincere apologies and offered us free deserts.
We were quickly presented with replacement dishes - not reheated ones but new - incredibly, they were colder than their first attempt! How could any restaurant let this happen? The food should have been so hot that it burned the insides of our mouths.
I asked Tracey and Jason to taste the meals to understand the problem and verify that we weren't making it up. Clearly they were both very embarrassed and apologetic but the damage had been done and my wife's birthday treat somewhat ruined. We were not prepared to let them try to be third time lucky.
What I can report is that they picked up the tab for our two coronas and Jason did also say that any time we were back in Scottsdale, the food would be on them. Dare I risk it?? What I would also say is come on guys, barely warm food once I can accept but twice is inexcusable.
I could on the basis of our experience have rated it with no stars but have not done this because I accepted the genuine and sincere apologies from Jason and my wife and I did both get the feeling that this was probably a great place to eat. Don't let this report stop you from going there but do hold it in your mind in the event that your food arrives barely warm. After their experience with us last Saturday, it should never be allowed to happen again.
Jason, if you read this report, we do have every intention of coming back next time we are in Arizona and taking you up on that offer of dinner on the restaurant. It will provide you with an opportunity to redress the disappointment of last Saturday and enable me to hopefully give you a five star future report.
Alistair Coy