“Amazing”

Desert Splash Adventures
Ranked #21 of 51 Tours in Scottsdale
More attraction details
Owner description: Desert Splash Adventures offers Arizona's only Amphibious Cessna Caravan (Seaplane) experience. You and up to 8 guests may choose from charters to Roosevelt Lake, Lake Powell, Sedona, Flagstaff or the Grand Canyon. Your adventure flight gives unparalleled access to all of the spectacular views and dramatic rock formations that the Sonoran Desert and Tonto Basin have to offer - and all charters include our signature water landing! As you plan your trip, you may choose options such as private hangar gatherings, lake activities such as standup paddle boarding, canyoneering, or island-side private wine tasting. Or perhaps you want to build-your-own custom charter. We welcome all requests! So pack your camera, round up your colleagues, clients, family and friends, and take this incredible journey!
Scottsdale, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Desert Splash Adventures is a unique way to see the desert from the air. The hues of the mountains were beautiful. The pilots and crew at Desert Splash are first rate and they water landing at Roosevelt Lake was something everyone should include on their bucket list.

Anyone wanting to experience a seaplane then choose Desert Splash Adventures it is totally worth the price of admission. My grandson's who are 10 and 8 LOVED IT!

Cynthia

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Cynthia W

Phoenix, Arizona
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great views--a great time”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Last year my wife and I took a helicopter flight around the north-east valley in Phoenix. The scenery was nice, but it was more about the helicopter ride itself. But the Desert Splash had the adventure of landing on Roosevelt lake and just some breathtaking scenery. We were greeted at the door by a very nice young lady who took the group out to the plane right on time. The pilot, who primarily flies the plane in Alaska was friendly and informative. The plane itself is obviously well-maintained. The flight was smooth, the landing on both land and water was very smooth. And seeing so much great scenery standing on the plane's pontoons was refreshing.

Even though we've both lived in the valley for over 30 years, this flight allowed us to appreciate where we live even more. This adventure totally exceeded our expectations! It's one we'll be talking about for some time.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank JoeZonie
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Awesome”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This was awesome. We went along the Apache Trail superstition mountains. Eight passengers and two pilots. We landed in Roosevelt Lake and cruised around for a bit. We took off of the lake again for our final loop back to Scottsdale. GREAT, loved it. Worth every dime.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Sue J
Phoenix, Arizona
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Unique Adventure, Fantastic Scenery!”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I took this flight a few months ago and had a blast! The plane is comfortable and every seat had a good view. Being a native of Arizona, it was fun to pick out attractions and locations we were flying over. We were low enought that I could even pick out my friend's house as we flew over. I have driven the Apache Trail many times, but it was incredible to see it streched out below and to fly so close to the mountains. It really gives you a different perspective. Landing on the water was a kick. I The touchdown was smooth and we gently floated about for a while. Next time I woould definitely add on the picnic option. Taking off was just as smooth and we enjoyed the beginnings of an awesom sunset on our way back to Scottsdale Airpark. I would recommend this for locals for a fun adventure and for visitors as a fantastic introduction to the Arizona mountains, desert and city! I was sending photos to my friends the whole time!

Visited May 2012
2 Thank irishmartha
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Unique Exciting Seaplane Adventure!!”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Incredible experience! Would highly recommend this air tour if you are looking for a unique, exciting opportunity! Tour departs from Scottsdale Airport in a Cessna Caravan Seaplane. Bring your cameras!! There are amazing views of several points of interest such as mountains, beautiful lakes and interesting landmarks. I had no idea how beautiful and diverse the landscape is, until I seen it from the air! The tour also includes a water landing on Roosevelt Lake which is a fun, unique experience, especially in Arizona! Passengers are provided with audio headsets and the pilot provides great narration during the tour. Staff were all professional and courteous, and made sure everyone had the best experience possible! In addition to the air tour Desert Splash provides several other exciting tours. Looking forward to exploring other adventures with this company in the future!!

Visited February 2012