2,706 results
All reviewslazy rivergolf coursedessert bardeseo restaurantflow rideradult pooladventure poolfire pitheavenly bedbagpipe playeroutdoor mallkierland resortlight showfamily poolpool areascottsdale quarterevery evening
Reviewed November 21, 2017

Turn the heat up Mr. Landlord! Here now and the Lazy River, a prime part of the experience, is ice cold, in the shade and the boiler is broken.

Thanksgiving week and most everybody here paying top dollar to enjoy pools, sunshine, etc. Get the pool boy on it and get these fat cats swimming.

Otherwise, great property, clean, well-attended and just a great part of the desert.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank C G
WestinKierland, Manager at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us. We are delighted to hear you are enjoying your time at the resort. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We can assure you that this does not meet the standards here at The Westin Kierland and we have passed this message along to the appropriate parties. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our Resort again in the future!

Adam Pauli
Manager On Duty

Reviewed November 21, 2017 via mobile

This is the third time over the past 5 or 6 years that I have stayed at the Westin Kierland. The hotel itself is a great

property, although we found the glass cages with snakes and a hula monster a bit unusual, albeit geographically relevant. Strengths include nice, well furnished rooms with great views and easy access for the spa and golf course. The Scotch Bar is fantastic, but the restaurants are a bit underwhelming. The fire pit and bagpiper in the evenings are a nice touch. Conference facilities were outstanding.

Recommended!

Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
2  Thank Robert W
WestinKierland, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2017

Hello Robert,

Thank you so much for choosing The Westin Kierland Resort and Spa as your home away from home over the past 6 years. We are truly grateful for your loyalty. We are delighted to hear that you were able to enjoy our Scotch Library, with over 200 different labels to choose from, there is something for everyone. The bagpiper is a must see when visiting the resort, and we are glad you were able to enjoy the performance from the fire-pit area. Again, thank you so much for the kind words, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful resort very soon.

Reviewed November 17, 2017

Stayed at the Westin Kierland during a conference. The Westin is about a 30 minute taxi ride from the Phoenix International Airport. It's a really big hotel with beautiful pools, a good gym, comfortable rooms, a beautiful lobby that opens to a spectacular outdoor restaurant, a manmade lake and a golf course. It's really spectacular. The first night I was there a bagpiper played in the outdoor restaurant and that was a real treat!

As nice as the Westin is, it's also in need of a little TLC. It's looking a little worn in some places. I cannot imagine taking care of a hotel of such large scale, but the Westin needs to do a little work. And the restaurant - I tried to review it but could not fine it in the restaurant listings in Trip Advisor - called the Monday Club Cafe, leaves much to be desired. I first ate dinner there and ordered the Nachos. It was actually the best thing I got from the Monday Club - ate it outside but it was such a large dish I didn't even get half way through it. The next morning I had breakfast and paid $16 for Oatmeal. Lunch was a $17 hamburger. The kicker is that I asked that they only give me the bottom half of the bun and I was told that "the kitchen can't do that!" Really, for a $17 hamburger?

So, I'm not writing that I didn't really like the Westin Kierland. I am writing that it's a little worn and they really need to work on the food. I'd go back in a minute but it could be at least 1 star better with a little work!

Room Tip: I asked for a high floor. It was really nice to be asked where I wished to stay!
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
WestinKierland, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2017

Hello Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of your recent stay. We take our guest feedback seriously and use it as a training tool to help make our team and resort better. We are delighted to hear that you were able to enjoy so many of the beautiful views, pools and other amenities while on property. Our nightly bagpiper performance is a must see when visiting The Westin Kierland Resort and Spa. Again, we thank you for your review, and look forward to welcoming you back to the resort soon!

Reviewed November 13, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were invited here as he was an award recipient. Can ride from the airport was approximately $60. Driver was friendly and excited about sharing his knowledge of the area. Checked into resort. Front desk was very friendly and provided us with a map of resort. There is a resort fee for use of wifi etc. Pretty typical of such establishments. We received a room on the 4th floor. It was quite the walk to the elevators and front lobby but we had requested a quiet area and the room didn’t disappoint. Two double beds. Not great for a romantic getaway but hey, we’ve been married for ten years. ;) view from room overlooked golf course and an open area where people did yoga in the morning. Small balcony. Husband enjoyed a day of golf on a beautiful course while I hit the spa. Both activities enjoyable. Hubby said the golf course was beautiful. Spa was nice. Girls working there were personable and chatty. We spent the next day being lazy by the pool and enjoyed a couple of trips down the lazy river. Pool side service allowed you to order food and drinks. Small menu but I found there was plenty to choose from. We didn’t have dinner on site but chose to make the short walk to the Kierland Commons and Scottsdale Quarters where there was shopping and lots of dining to choose from. Very expensive stores! In the opposite direction from the Commons is a Safeway where we picked up fruit and yogurt for our breakfasts. There is a nice bar in the hotel where we would relax after dinner for a night cap. Check out was a breeze without any surprises again, friendly service. Concierge had a town car to us in minutes to take us back to airport for a flat rate of $60. Same as the cab company. Great getaway. Thank you Westin Kierland!

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
WestinKierland, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2017

Hello Erin,

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review our beautiful resort. We are so delighted that you were able to take advantage of so many of our properties amenities during your stay. Our golf courses are some of the best in the world, even if you are not golfing the views and landscape alone are breathtaking. Thank you for choosing Agave, The Arizona Spa for your spa treatment. It is a very relaxing environment, with unique and indigenous treatments. Thank you again for your kind words, and we hope that we are able to welcome you and your husband back soon.

Reviewed November 12, 2017

Really nice staff and good sized clean and comfy rooms. Not sure it's worth the price and the $13 fee to self park is irritating; Otherwise it is a nice hotel and close to all then Kierlands has to offer. Great fitness room as well.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Maureen S

Hello Maureen,

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate and review The Westin Kierland Resort and Spa. We are happy to hear that your room was comfortable and that your interactions with our team were really nice. Our state of the art Westin Workout, is a 24 hour work out center, that can be enjoyed by all guests. We are happy you got the opportunity to visit us, and hope to welcome you back soon. Thank you again for your kind words.