2,867 results
All reviews lazy river golf course deseo restaurant dessert bar flow rider adult pool adventure pool heavenly bed fire pit bagpipe player outdoor mall kierland resort light show family pool pool area scottsdale quarter every evening
Selected filters
Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

Visited with my daughters and young grandchildren and had a great time. We spent a lot of time on the Lazy River and two of the kids also went on the FlowRider. They provide great activities for kids poolside. I once lived in the area and know that resorts have to step it up service-wise when outdoor temps are really high and they were great. They continuously served pitchers of ice water poolside and provided lots of shade. Food was great. Breakfast buffet was delicious and included in our room rate except for kids. Just be ready to pay a lot if you order drinks in the restaurants. Easy walking distance to high end outdoor mall.

1  Thank 383jettac
WestinKierland, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa. Your feedback is very important to our team and we were delighted to read you enjoyed your stay. We were happy to read you enjoyed the Resort's activties and our guest services. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our Resort in the near future.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

This resort is a fabulous place to stay whether you are alone or with a family. Although it was 110 degrees outside, the pool staff kept you cool with ice water all day long. The lazy river was a plus.

The spa was wonderful - had a tequila lime massage.
I even took the Hydrotone class at 8 in the morning. Never believed I would be doing laps against the current in the lazy river.

Would stay here again in a heartbeat. Great rates as well off season.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Melanie W

Dear Melanie,

Thank you for providing us feedback regarding your recent stay at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa. We appreciate you taking the time to share your kind comments, as we are always pleased to review all of the posts from our guests. We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Resort in the near future.

Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

We have visited the Villas at Westin Kierland the last 2 years. This year we opted to try the main resort since we couldn't get 2 nights and 2 rooms at the Villas due to last minute availability. We are pleased with our stay. Ultimately for small children I will try for the Villas again next year, they run more frequent kids activities at that location. Here is the review:

The room: we stayed in 1521, it's a casita right behind the lazy river. It's more of an apartment than what you would visualize as an actual casita. The gate to the pool was right outside our building. We loved the proximity since we went back and forth frequently with our small kids (3 and 8 months). There are two bathrooms. The room has a king master with a separate living room area with a kitchen and the other bedroom has 2 double beds and a very narrow 1-sleeper pull out sofa. The "kitchen" has a full size fridge and full size freezer. You have to call for place settings to be delivered. There is only a coffee maker. No microwave. I didn't like the coffee so we ordered some from room service, it tasted burnt. The next day I drove a mile down to the Einstein's bagel shop and bought coffee to take back to the room. The TVs are very large. The living area is pretty small. We only have 4 adults and 2 kids in our party, I wouldn't recommend too many more people in the room or it would get cramped. The room itself is more practical than luxurious. The pilot light in the fireplace constantly burns and gives off heat if you sit on the little ledge. The 2 balconies are small but enough to fit a few people to have lunch and watch the lazy river. There was a party going on at the pool Friday night but we have a white noise machine in the bedroom. It really shut out 95% of the sound.

Food: we ate at the Nellie's Monday cafe, poolside, and room service. EVERYTHING we ate was awesome! Well made. Unique flavors. A lot of thought clearly goes in to these dishes. The food always came quickly and hot. Two thumbs up! You can't go wrong with food at this place. A few times we asked for substitutions that weren't on the menu. They made it work, no problem!

Service: in the casitas you get "service express" buttons on the phone. It's truly fast. We requested more towels, room service, valet pickup, etc.... everything came very fast with extremely friendly staff. Be prepared to tip everywhere and everyone. They deserve it but do not assume it. She server at the Nellie's cafe was sooooo nice. They are so kid friendly here.

Kids stuff: there are more pool side activities at the Villas. They do free hourly games and have prizes over there. I had hoped for a similar experience for our daughter at the main resort. She really only got to do the water balloon toss due to timing. They do announce the events on a loud speaker so you don't have to watch a clock. The Friday night event was neat because they lit up the pool area with fog machines and flashing lights, live music, s'mores that had 4 different combinations of cracker chocolate and marshmallow, a few cute little kids water or ball tossing games. And a snow machine. I would say this property is better suited for kids ages 5 and up. The Villas has a more intimate experience. Oh she got to see them feed a snake in the lobby as one of the activities.

The pool: staff is always walking around to take orders. We chose not to get a cabana because of how the sun was hitting them. It was better shade in the chair area. There was plenty of seating but I'm guessing that's partially because we stayed Thursday through Saturday and not during the 4th of July holiday. I don't recommend those reserved chairs with the coded safes, they don't get good shade and you can just leave your phone in a bag by the chairs. It's a crime free kind of place. Well, beware of the AZ heat and your phones. If it's above 110 leave your phone in your room. Very clean pool. Lazy river is very fun. Kind of dumb we couldn't use our floats for our kids, they require you to use their giant floats. Our daughter fell out 5 times using the big ones but never falls out of her small child sized float.

The beds: very comfortable. The pillows had different levels of firmness. The pull out sofa bed was just ok. Fine for our 3 year old. Plenty of space for our pack n play crib. There was a pull out sofa in the living room but we didn't use it. The curtains truly black out. It may as well be midnight while our baby naps in there during the day.

TV:worked well and had premium and local chanels. I think this is important because many times at resorts the tv image has poor quality or doesn't have a good chanel selection - espn worked well. :)

All in all a beautiful property and you will not get let down. We have stayed at 2 other hotels in the last year and this is the most consistent experience year after year. We will book the Westin Kierland Villas next year, but would absolutely stay here again in a heart beat. I gave it 4 out of 5 stars because for the price I felt the room should have been larger and more luxurious. The casitas at the Scottsdale Princess are much nicer but don't have a kitchen. The casita at the Ritz Carlton outside Tucson was also far more luxurious but no kitchen. I would give the Westin Kierland 4.5 stars if I could.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing the details and kind words about your recent stay at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa. We love great guest photos of the Resort, thank you for sharing. We were happy to read that you were able to enjoy many of our amenities. We appreciate all guest feedback and hope to utilize these comments to help create great experiences for future guests. We would be delighted to serve you again.

Brian Montalbano
Resort Manager

Reviewed July 7, 2017

My husband and I stayed here over the 4th of July holiday for several nights. We are loyal to the Starwood family so it was a no brainer that we chose this resort. Having stayed at several different Westin properties, we had high expectations. After staying here, I can understand why the reviews are mixed.

The drive from the airport to the resort is a breeze. The drive into the property was lovely - lit up palm trees line the entry drive. We arrived after 10:00p and were totally disappointed to see that self-parking was $14 per night (valet was more). I assumed that as a Platinum member this would be waived as it is at many other properties. There is plenty of parking, so truly I think it’s a huge scam that they charge to park anyway (it’s not like they are in the city with limited space). Note - the $14 nightly fee applies to everyone - lame. We didn’t find the front desk helpful at all – the young guy that checked us in was eating (chewing while he talked to us), didn’t explain the property grounds, didn’t tell us about the SPG Lounge hours, and just basically gave us our keys and sent us on our merry way. We upgraded to a suite prior to our arrival so we were looking forward to a spacious room – however, when we made it up to the room one of the doors didn’t open and the lock-out portion was locked, so we only had access to a King room. I went back to the front desk to ask them to fix the keys, change our room, whatever… and again we talked the kid who was eating. Less than helpful – he just said oh you need to unlock the door in between. Now we are almost at 10:30a (I am tired and getting grumpy now) – Obviously I tried that. He then reprogrammed my keys and said he would send up housekeeping to make sure everything was fine. They new keys worked, but never saw housekeeping. We had to unlock the connecting door ourselves- no biggie at all, but just annoyed how we got to this point. Suites at Westin properties can vary, but mostly are a lock-out with a bed on one side and couch/seating area on the other. This one had a King on one side and a murphy bed on the other. When there are just two adults in the room, why the heck would you give them a room with a murphy bed and not a couch? Makes no sense. We have only been at the resort for less than 2 hours and I was already feeling like we made a bad choice to stay here.

New day, fresh start – now that it is daylight, we can see that the property is gorgeous and huge. Not having a map or have a sense of anything we went up to the lounge (thankful there was a note in our room telling us the floor and hours) to grab some coffee and get the lay of the land. The lounge was fine, basic continental offerings. I don’t recommend paying extra for it if you are not Platinum. The woman who was working was the sweetest, most helpful. On our way out of the lounge we stopped to talk with the concierge – she was beyond helpful – gave us a property map, shared some general info, etc.. We were glad to run into her.

We spent several days at the adult pool and it was great. The staff works hard to keep you hydrated with water and whatever else you want – great pool service. We enjoyed the lazy river as well. The adventure pool offers a ton of activities for kids (and a few adult also), but we mainly stayed in the adults area as the adventure pool was quite crowded and of course lots and lots of kids.

The resort does offer several restaurants, but we didn’t really eat on the property so can’t speak to the food. The coffee shop and the nightly dessert cart in the lobby were both great. We did have a few snacks in the Saloon one night and eh, it was just fine – pretty basic bar food. There are bagpipes and live music nightly in the back courtyard area. The Concierge both outside the lounge and the lobby were beyond helpful – we chatted with them a few times to help us with a few recommendations (day trip to Sedona, restaurants, etc..). The spa was nice, we enjoyed the facilities and our massages and facials.

All and all this was a fine resort. It is in a good location – easy drive to/from the airport, walkable (or use the free shuttle) to Kierland Commons (shops and restaurants), not far from old downtown Scottsdale and an easy 2-hour drive to Sedona. Most the staff were awesome, but it is unfortunate that the young kid was our first impression. Whether you are a family travelling with kids or just a bunch of adults, I am certain you’ll find some relaxation and fun that work for you.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
WestinKierland, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2017

Dear Guest,

Please allow us to thank you, first and foremost, for your feedback and for taking the time to share the details of what you experienced during your 4th of July holiday vacation. We take all guest communication very seriously and greatly appreciate receiving detailed comments such as yours so that management is aware and our staff is informed. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you have encountered. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our Resort in the near future so that we may show you just how wonderful a visit with us can be.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed July 5, 2017 via mobile

Lots of water activities (water slide, lazy river, hot tub) and things for the kids to do. Nice resort; pleasant staff. The spa seemed like it needs something else but it was nice. Our bed wasn't comfortable which was surprising. Somehow someone's food and drinks were charged to my room after I checked out and appeared on my credit card. Although it was corrected after I called, it was concerning and appeared that my folio hadn't been closed out.

The resort offers activities and even a timeshare tour of the Villas which rewarded us with a $100 Visa gift card. The sweet bar in the lobby is delightful with lots of treats and plenty of common space area. It's a nice resort and would stay again but should offer more deals. I paid $300 for 1 night.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
WestinKierland, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2017

Dear Guest,

We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit at The Westin Kierland. Thank you for taking the time to post the details of your recent staycation. We appreciate all of the feedback as we value these posts as important tools in our continuing pursuit of excellence. On the other hand, we apologize for any inconveniences you encountered during your stay. It would be a privilege to welcome you back again in the near future.

Amy Field