$118
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Scottsdale(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$99
Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$144
$132
The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$219
$151
$144
$180
$158
$179
EmbassySuites.com
3 Palms Hotel(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$67
  • Restaurant
$354
$339
2,604 results
All reviewslazy rivergolf coursedessert bardeseo restaurantadult poolflow rideradventure poolfire pitheavenly bedbagpipe playeroutdoor mallkierland resortlight showfamily poolpool areascottsdale quarterevery evening
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

We were concerned with July being too hot but trust me it is perfect!!! We walk the property early morning 7am. The sun comes out around 9. The hotel is beautiful and clean. The service is perfect. Everyone from the front desk man "John" who checked us in and gave us free drink passes to Katie "concierge" who gave us bottles of water upon arrival to Veon our server at the breakfast buffet-he was super friendly to our kids who requested him every morning to Jamie at the outdoor bar who upon my second trip to the bar he had an Ice tea waiting for me. I was so impressed that he remembered my drink of choice. We have enjoyed the lazy river, ping pong, the amazing meal at Deseo "highly recommend sitting at the Rail and the millionaire tacos as well as the shrimp small plate with jalapeño (you can get it without the jalapeño). The rail seating is great for date night and if you are a sga preferred member (just sign up no cost) you can drop your kids off to pj night for free if you dine at Deseo. Saving you $50 a child and they had a great time!! It included dinner for them as well as games,crafts and movie). The only minor cons was they needed music at the pool. Sometimes it was on but it was really quiet. Would have liked a little more variety on the pool menu. After a few days I was looking for more variety. Maybe some specials for the day. The kids also loved flow rider. Thank you Ryan for working with the kids! We highly recommend this place for families. Tonight is s'mores night and food truck night. The kids are excited. And in one hour they get to "feed the snakes" that are in the tanks in the lobby. Last they have a dessert cart like none other in the lobby each night. We bought a deck of cards in the hotel store and played cards in the lobby while eating yummy desserts. The kids have made friends and my hubby and I are very relaxed!!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank SuzanneNJTwinsMom
WestinKierland, Communications Team at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Dear Suzanne,

Thank you for electing to join us for Aloha Summer. We are delighted to hear that you had a relaxing start to your vacation and are glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy some FUN in the sun as well as dinner in our signature restaurant, deseo.

Our associates strive to provide our guests with a memorable experience and ensure that each guest feels like a VIP while in our home. We will be sure to share your comments with John, Katie, Veon and Ryan as well as the rest of our team as they will be thrilled that they had a positive impact on your stay.

We hope that you enjoyed the remainder of your stay and had a safe journey home.

Please let us know if you plan a return visit to Scottsdale. We would love the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to our resort.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Stayed at this hotel prior to starting a tour. My room overlooked the adults only pool and it had the wonderful heavenly beds that Westins all have. The room was very spacious and quiet. The property is huge and has a golf course as well. It's very close to 2 shopping centres which you can walk to or take the shuttle. Would definitely stay here again if visiting this area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
WestinKierland, Communications Team at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for electing to stay at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa during your recent visit to Arizona. We know there are many excellent resorts in Scottsdale and we are honored that you chose to start your vacation with us. We hope that you enjoyed a perfect balance of relaxation and FUN during your stay and that the remainder of your tour was a memorable experience.

We hope to see you again the next time you make your way to Arizona.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

All the staff were excellent and couldn't do enough for us, esp Catherine, who helped us out when our bags got delayed.
The hotel is huge and very busy. There are plenty seating areas in the reception on different levels. The WIFI is free in this area. It is around $12.50 per day to buy!!! A tad expensive.
There are plenty dining choices indoor and out, there is a Hershey's sweet shop selling cakes and deserts in the reception. Breakfast had plenty choice but was the same every day.
Entertainment buy the pool was brill, lazy river was awesome.
Shopping mall next door!!!!!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Doreen,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and share details about your recent visit. We are delighted that you had a great experience and enjoyed many aspects of the Resort including our dining options, Adventure Water Park and the adjacent Kierland Commons & Scottsdale Quarter.

Our associates strive to provide personal, instinctive service for our guests and we are thrilled that we achieved this goal during your time with us. We’ll be sure to share your kudos with Catherine as well as the rest of our team as they will be happy to learn that they had a positive impact on your stay.

We hope to see you again.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stayed at the Westin Kierland for business and was really impressed with their service. For starters, they "found" a room for me even though the web reservation system said they were booked. I know there are usually a few rooms still available when that happens, but since my company was sponsoring a conference and it would have been really inconvenient for me to stay offsite, I appreciated their help. They also looked up my Starwood rewards number and linked it to my reservation without my having to remember it, and my room was ready for me even though I checked in 4 hours early, at around noon (and they made sure the room was down-free). Check in literally took less than 5 minutes.

The room itself was spacious and had a nice view fo the golf course and the mountains surounding Scottsdale. I loved having an in-room fridge that wasn't the mini-bar - it was so nice to have a place to store bottles of water. My room didn't have any water in it when I arrived (a colleage's did and I was told it was complimentary for SPG members). When I called down to the front desk about that and the fact that my coffee maker didn't work, they brought a replacement coffee maker, 2 bottles of water and a $5 resort card to my room within 10 minutes. Every employee I spoke with, whether it was the shuttle driver, the wait staff or the service desk, was consistently friendly and went out of their way to be helpful.

We ate at the onsite restuarants twice, once for dinner and once for breakfast, and while the foods was good it was typically overpriced. The Westin offers a complimentary shuttle to the Kierland Commons, a nearby shopping area with restuarants and I would reccommend going there for meals. We went to The Cheesecake Factory one night and an Italian place called North another night, and in both cases when we were ready to be picked up the hostess called for the shuttle and it picked us up within 5 minutes.

As with other Starwood properties, you have the option to opt out of daily housekeeping for up to three days (they call it their green choice). If you want more coffee/tea or bath products you can just call the service desk and they will bring it to your room. I personally like this option because it also means I can work in my room during conference breaks without worrying about housekeeping interrupting me.

Overall I liked the property very much and would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Kara H
WestinKierland, Communications Team at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Dear Kara,

Thank you for taking the time to share details about your recent stay at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa. We are thrilled to hear that you had a great experience and enjoyed many aspects of the Resort including our guestrooms, meeting facilities, and complimentary shuttle service.

We would also like to thank you for being a Starwood Preferred Guest Member. We know there are many excellent travel reward programs and we truly appreciate your loyalty and business.

We hope to see you again.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Very welcoming and friendly staff. But the pool and lazy river are the best! Plan to spend all day.

The Mediterranean fusion restaurant was the best food I have had in some time. And I am a foodie, so that says a lot.

I was relaxed and refreshed when we left. Great trip.

Room Tip: Overlooking the golf course is the best view!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank GuruGreggo
WestinKierland, Communications Team at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide some feedback after your recent stay with us. We really appreciate it as it enables us to continue our mission of providing the best possible customer service experience. It sounds like you had the pleasure of experiencing our signature restaurant deseo. The Nuevo Latino cuisine prepared Chef Roberto Madrid and his team is truly something that every guest should experience.

We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to the Resort in the future.