“Amazing, as always!”

Ranked #17 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I am not certain how, but this property gets better every time we return! Most every stay we have had here has been for a conference/business. This time we stayed for 1 week during the 4th of July holiday! We saw fireworks from the comfort of the air conditioned bar/lounge and enjoyed every moment. The light show against the side of the hotel exterior is awesome!
This visit, we stayed in a suite with a "peek" of a view. No matter; it was a great room with clean furnishings and everything we needed to entertain our friends and colleagues.
We also got to use some of the amenities. My husband played gold twice, and loved the course and the staff. We enjoyed the (adults only) pool for a day. We ordered lunch and drinks poolside. They could have used another staff member or two, but all in all it was a good experience.
I had a spa treatment and found the aesthetician to be pleasant and responsive to my requests. This wasn't my first visit to the spa, and it won't be my last.
The exercise facility is above average for a hotel property, and there are small group classes, as well as chances for private training.
As for the conference facilities, the rooms (except for one) were well lit, comfortable and not "freezing" like other hotel conference rooms!
And now for the staff...TOP NOTCH in every area! Front desk, housekeeping, concierge, banquets and meetings. We had a chance to interact with almost every category of staff. This must be why organizations I work with keep having conferences at this property.
We hope to return next fall, THIS time for relaxation instead of business!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
WestinKierland, Communications Team at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Nina,
Thank you for sharing the details of your recent stay and your overall positive experience with us. We truly appreciate hearing from our guests and greatly value your feedback while taking the time to write to us. Your feedback will be shared with the departments you highlighted, as well as our other Resort associates and executive management. On behalf of The Westin Kierland, it was our pleasure to provide you with a memorable experience during your return visit. We strive to provide only the best service to our Resort guests, we appreciate your loyalty and repeated stays with us, and we are delighted to hear that we continue to impress you. We will always welcome the opportunity to have you stay with us again. Please let us know at tripadvisor@kierlandresort.com if there is anything we can do for you in preparation for your next visit to Arizona when we might have you back again as a special guest of The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Such a beautiful hotel... seemless and friendly check in... impecable grounds and golfing... loved the firepits at night... lovely spa... fabulous shopping nearby... loved they had a Starbucks on site... restaurants were absolutely delicious... also LOVED LOVED LOVED the bagpiper event that took place each evening... made it so special... On the negative side, the car rental desk was very unorganized and the guy working it was not helpful... and the hotel was a tad pushy on the condo suites sale... but otherwise, everything was outstanding!

Room Tip: We had just a basic room... which was lovely... spacious... clean...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
WestinKierland, Communications Team at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear Lana,

On behalf of The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, I sincerely apologize for the frustrations that you encountered when working with Hertz Rent-a-Car and our concierge. Please be assured that your experience is not reflective of the service level that we strive to provide, and your review has been shared with the appropriate parties who utilize your feedback to help improve our service.

Again, thank you for your sincere feedback. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I visited for a work trip so admittedly I'm not having the intended spa and golf experience. The weekend was busy with families. The gym is great as are the food and staff. There is an odd odor in the lobby possibly from the water feature?? Usual Westin comfort.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Alicedc
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The grounds were lovely. We were excited to splurge on a night away from the kids for our anniversary. Check in on a Friday night was quite slow as there was only one person to assist and many people waiting for help. Our room looked nice upon first glance. However the toilet would not flush and we had to lift the lid and flush it manually. The phones in the bedroom and bathroom did not work. The beds were very firm. I prefer a softer bed, but I know some prefer firm. To me it felt as hard as a rock and the pillows were much too soft. My anticipated peaceful night of sleep turned into one of tossing and turning. In the morning we ate at the café downstairs and I thought the breakfast buffet was wonderful. The pools were lovely as well, so luckily we ended our quick day away on a good note.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank robinsjoy

Dear Guest,

We are sorry to hear that your visit was anything less than perfect. We strive to provide experiences that leave our guests feeling relaxed and renewed and apologize that this was not what you encountered during your stay.

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write us and share the details of your experience. We take all guest communication very seriously and greatly appreciate receiving detailed comments such as yours so that management is aware, our staff is informed, and we may resolve any and all issues as soon as possible.

We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

My Job held a Summit at this Hotel for five days so I had a chance to explore the property quite a bit. The property is very large, clean and well maintained they have a large open lobby which has a bar and seeting area. My checkin process was smooth and quick everyone greeted you with smiles and answered all the questions we had. The room was a average size but it was clean with a HD TV and really comfortable bed. The property has a really nice gym and outdoor pool with a basketball court and table tennis area that we used quite a bit. There is a shopping center next to it but nothing is really within walking distance so you will need to either rent a car or the front desk can arrange transfers or taxi's depending on how far you have to go. The concierge was very helpful in letting us know what was in the area and gave us different dining options each night. I'm not a golfer but the views from the conference room overlooking the course were impressive and with the good service and clean property I would recommend it to anybody visiting the area.

Room Tip: It can get really really hot even at night so plan accordingly
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JandLVacations

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent stay. We truly appreciate hearing from our guests and greatly value your feedback. It sounds like despite being here for business you were able to find some time to explore the Resort and all of the wonderful amenities we have to offer. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon, when on vacation of course, and if there is ever anything we can do to help you plan that perfect trip to The Westin Kierland please feel free to reach out to us at tripadvisor@kierlandresort.com.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

The Westin Kierland Resort far exceeded our expectations. We traveled in July of 2013 and although the temps were very high, we were having too much fun to really care. Our daughter loved the treasure hunt, Westin Kids Club was fantastic.....according to our daughter. All the staff was courteous and helpful. The pool and lazy river were very nice, however, due to the temps the water was hardly refreshing. We listened to the Scottish Bagpiper, Michael, every evening and his music was the highlight of our trip. We cannot wait to return to the Westin Kierland Resort! Thank you for a great visit!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Theresa,

Thank you, first and foremost, for sharing the details of your recent stay and your overall positive experience with us. We truly appreciate hearing from our guests and greatly value your feedback while taking the time to write to us.

We are elated to hear that our staff made a lasting impression during your stay. Our associates take great pride in delivering high levels of service for our Resort guests, and it was truly a pleasure to provide you with a memorable experience.

We look forward to your return.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Went to Phoenix for work but stayed in Scottsdale due to recommendations from colleagues. It was a great choice. I arrived really late that night so I was unable to see the beautiful entrance of the resort that my colleagues had mentioned. When entering the resort it was beautiful, well maintained, modern but reflecting the style of the Southwest and quite frankly how resort should look like. Check-in was ridiculously long. I had already dealt with my flight from the East coast and was ready to go to sleep. It was getting really close to 11pm and I notice that there were 2 people helping to check Platinum guests in. There were about 8 of us just waiting to get checked in and I was getting really annoyed considering it was approaching 1AM EST and I had been standing in line for over 15 minutes. I finally got checked in and went to my room. The room was beautiful and there was great attention to detail. The view and the balcony was very nice. My only issue was that the shower was too small for a room with so much real estate. I was unable to get my platinum upgrade so I assume that the showers in the suites are much bigger. I didn't get any room service so I can't comment on that. I really enjoyed myself while I was there and think this would be a great place to come back out for a mini vacation. The location is perfect for those who love to shop. There is a mall with some restaurants within walking distance but due to the heat, and the location of some other mall areas I'm sure you'd want to have a car. Bring your purse every where you go even if you tell yourself that you won't buy anything. I told myself that I wasn't going to buy anything but there were so many shops with unique merchandise and I ended up buying things. Amazing location and certainly will stay there in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay as well as being one of our loyal Platinum Starwood Preferred Guest members. We truly appreciate hearing from our guests and greatly value your feedback. We are very sorry for the inconvenience you endured at check-in late in the evening but hope once to your room, you were able to relax and have a wonderful sleep in our Heavenly Bed. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon, when on vacation of course, and if there is ever anything we can do to help you plan that perfect trip to The Westin Kierland please feel free to reach out to us at tripadvisor@kierlandresort.com.