The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
$135
GardenInn.com
  • Pool
Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$128
$123
Great 4.5/5
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Scottsdale(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$119
$165
$145
Hotels.com
  • Pool
3 Palms Hotel(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$64
Fairmont Scottsdale Princess(Scottsdale)
$403
$314
Fairmont.com
  • Restaurant
The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$218
$151
$353
$339
Travelocity
2,602 results
All reviewslazy rivergolf coursedessert bardeseo restaurantadult poolflow rideradventure poolfire pitheavenly bedbagpipe playeroutdoor mallkierland resortlight showfamily poolpool areascottsdale quarterevery evening
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 18, 2011

Stayed 5 nights at the Westin with the family. Absolutetly beautiful hotel, with large water park, excellent golf course and tons of activities for the kids to participte in. The resort is immaculate, and offers a lot of top notch amenities (Ie: club floor, spa, fitness center, golf course, wide range of restaurants, etc). I stayed in a one bedroom suite - with pull out couch in the living room. I was impressed with the quality of the room and the comfort of the heavenly bed.
Staff were very friendly and professional - and on many occasions when above and beyond the call of duty to ensure we were having a great time (highly impressed)!!

The kids had a great time and with the Kierland Commons mall within a short walk - there was no reason to leave the resort. Highly recommend this property for families on vacation. The kids enjoyed the Fun Team - and collecting pins on the scavenger map (which was a great way for the family to discover the resort together). There are hidden gems throughout the proeprty (covered ping pong and basket ball court), outdoor fire pit with couch surroound, in property juice bar and sorbet that you are not expecting - but make the stay very enjoyable. Resort is large - but easy to navigate.
Planning on returning next year.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank DerekTufford
WestinKierland, Manager at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2011

We are grateful to hear you enjoyed your family vacation with us. Your feedback is very much appreciated. It is our goal to provide exceptional service and we are pleased to hear you felt our staff was focused on taking care of you and your family. Our FUN Team works very hard to provide activities for our visiting families to experience together. I will gladly share your feedback with them so they can take comfort in knowing how they impacted your stay. We look forward to your visit next year.

Reviewed March 8, 2011

From the moment I walked in I was made to feel welcomed. It is obvious that the employees of this resort like their jobs and it showed in the way I was greeted no matter the time of day or what I was doing. The rooms were pretty spacious, nice glass shower and separate tub area, plasma TV, coffee maker with Starbucks provided and comfy Westin Heavenly bed.

Since I was there for a conference I did not have too much of a chance to explore the restaurants and bars (numerous). There is a spa where a few of my co-workers had treatments and many of the guys played golf on the beautiful course. This is a very comfortable resort and the courtyard with fire pit was a pleasant way to spend an evening at the end of the day. The grounds are well kept and provided great jogging trails.

There is a nice shopping outdoor mail right across the street - make sure you get the discount coupon from the concierge desk before you go. The food we had was plentiful, well made and presented at our conference. The views from my room were a nice way to greet the morning. Every room has a balcony which was nice to relax in the morning with a cup of coffee before starting your day. Please make sure you talk a walk around the grounds the bunnies are happy to see you.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We take pleasure in hearing that our guests are satisfied, and we appreciate your thoughtful comments. We are pleased to hear that you felt welcomed and comfortable during your stay. We strive to make our guests feel well cared for, whether visiting for business or pleasure. We hope you will return very soon to relax with us on your vacation.

Reviewed February 28, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Westin Kierland for 5 nights and 5 days in February. My husband got an award through his company and his company choose the Westin to Host their event. This was business for him but all pleasure for me! It was a little chilly outside but it did not matter. The pool area was gorgeous and still had lots of people around it even though it was chilly. Everyone we came in contact with was so friendly and welcoming. The smoothies by the pool were fabulous!

The first night we were there we had a welcome reception on the patio and it was so wonderful with all the firepits going. It had a really romantic vibe and they realyl went out of their way for it to be enjoyable to everyone. The food and drinks were amazing.

I spent a morning at the spa and had a realxing and truely amazing experience. I got the Blue Agave Mud Wrap and it was the best 80 minutes I have spent in awhile! Totally relaxing and my skin felt amazing!

Wheny ou first walk into the lobby I noticed the amazing smell. It smelled so fresh and clean and just heavenly.

The room was clean and had been very well kept. The bathroom was large and loved having a dual head shower and also a seperate bathtub. The bed was so comfortable.

It was so fun to sit in front of the firepit everynight and have some drinks and just relax and enjoy.

We will never forget this trip.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
WestinKierland, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2011

Dear Friend,
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback and provide a review of our property. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. It was nice to hear your feedback on how you enjoyed our facilities and our staff was friendly and welcoming. We work exceptionally hard to make sure our guests are well taken care of. We do hope you'll come back and stay with us again very soon.

Stephanie Dowling
Director of Public Relations

Reviewed February 27, 2011

We just got back from a conference I attended with my business partner and our wives. During our stay, my wife and I put our rings in a glass cup at night in the bathroom. (My wife doesn't wear a lot of jewelry, just a wedding band and stud earrings.) We never use the glass cup, only the plastic one, so this is always a convenient place for us to put our jewelry while away from home. Well, the next morning I got up early to go to my class and forgot to put on my ring. My wife put on her jewelry, and left mine there. When we returned to our room after dinner, it was obvious that housekeeping had come and refreshed the room. The bed had been made, new towels restocked, and new plastic cups. My wife noticed that they left our used plastic cups in the bathroom, but gave us a new glass one and left it upside down. We searched for the glass with my wedding band in it. It isn't there. We scour that room, no glass, no ring. I head down to the front desk to talk to somebody about my ring turning up in housekeeping. The whole time I am assuming it got misplaced. It was a simple band; I know somebody didn't steal it. (It was worth $500 at best.) They tell me they will open an investigation. The next day after I contact them, they say they interrogated/interviewed the housekeeper and saw she didn't see the ring and she has worked there for years. Investigation ongoing. I don't understand how she didn't hear the ring clinking around in the glass, but even so, it is obvious that my ring is gone. The three people who came with me can attest to that. For the rest of my trip, all they tell me is that they are "investigating" and the head of security will be back on Monday. Well, the fourth day I am home and calling everyday, I finally talk to someone about my missing ring and they tell me TOUGH LUCK! The head of security tells me "I should have put it in the safe." And, "there are no witnesses." I am appalled! I spent over $1100 to stay four nights (at a conference discounted rate!) and they tell me they can't do anything about my simple $500 wedding band? If it was a more expensive ring, then I would understand their apprehension about some guys claim that his ring in missing. But it wasn't a $10,000 ring, it was worth $500! You can't even comp me part of my stay for inconvenience? I don't want money, I want my ring, but if I can't get that then a little kindness and good customer service go a LONG way. I will never stay here again, nor will I recommend this place, and I am going to call my conference center about their corporate agreement and hope they pull their endorsement of the Westin. It is in a great location, but please don't expect any customer service. (Other than the bell boys, they were great!)

7  Thank tallcougfan
WestinKierland, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2011

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. We are very sorry to hear about your recent experience with us. It is our goal to provide excellent customer service 100% of the time. I know since your post, you've talked directly with a few members of our management team and I do know we were able to locate your wedding ring and return it to you. I know you are happy with the results as are we. However, I do still want to express our deepest apologies for how you felt during the process and know that we will work to ensure our service levels are consistent with our standards in every and all situations.

As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues. Again, thank you for the comments, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service.

Best,
Stephanie Dowling
Public Relations

Reviewed February 12, 2011

I travel frequently for business and pleasure and often enjoy the likes of Ritz Carltons and Four Seasons. At these properties I expect a certain level of service and excellence usually not found with many other chains/properties.

Arriving late for check-in at a hotel is usually a frustrating experience as often the best rooms have been spoken for and only leftovers are available. Upon arriving at the Westin Kierland Resort in Scottsdale late at night we were greeted by an incredibly friendly bell staff. However, the front desk staff really impressed my wife and I. In particular RYAN AND SPENCER both took care of us in the most professional and welcoming manner. I felt like I was at a Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons. Not that Westins don't typically have good service - they do. However, RYAN AND SPENCER went above and beyond to ensure our accomodations were acceptable and that our stay would be pleasant. Our exhausted children were given Westin hats these gentlemen even offered to escort us to our rooms to ensure the accomodations were to our liking.

Additionally, the Westin Kierland Resort is a gorgeous property with a vibrant type of energy. Even late at night the fire pit was roaring and the energy was high with many people out and about. Because of our late arrival dining choices were limited, but we were able to enjoy a drink and terrific dinner at the pub/bar.

We would definitely stay at this resort again and much of it is not only due to the beauty of the hotel, location, and immaculate rooms, but the service we experienced from caring staff such as RYAN AND SPENCER!

This hotel earns 5 stars in my book.