“Family trip to the sun”

Ranked #57 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Family trip to the sun”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This hotel was as good or better than any Residence Inns I've stayed in. It's in a great area on the North end of Scottsdale. My family and I had a two bedroom, two bath suite that had a fully equipped kitchen and nice living area with TV's in each bedroom and common area. Our room was on the first floor facing the pool and was wonderfully quiet. The pool was heated and wonderful. Outside the pool was a nice firepit to enjoy. The breakfast was pretty good but the dining area was small and crowded. At breakfast they seemed understaffed to keep up with all the people. The staff was very nice and did their best to accomodate everyone. We would definitely stay again, it was a great stay.

Room Tip: Room 111 was nice and quiet facing the pool on the inside.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Brent G, Manager at Residence Inn Scottsdale North, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Hey SuperSport. I appreciate your kind words about our hotel and the fact that you took your time to post this review. You and your family are welcome back any time, of course. Please let me know if you would like to make a new reservation and I can do my best to get you back in room 111 or at least something similar. We look forward to your next visit.

Thanks,

brent.goss@rhwhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Moultonborough, New Hampshire
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We've stayed at the Residence Inn in Scottsdale several times. There are other Residence Inns nearby but none are are as great as this one. Fabulous rooms,excellent breakfast, attentive staff. It's our "home away from home" in Scottsdale. Sometimes we bring our dog (which is better for us) and this place is great. We love the location, the suites, and the staff.

1 Thank janetb52
Hi Janet - Thanks for taking the time to review our property. I'm loving how enthusiastic you are about our hotel. I hope to see you, your family, and your dog back many more times in the future!

Please let me know if there's anything that I can do for you.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stayed at the Courtyard Marriot last year. This place is just across the street on Scottsdale Road. It is better appointed and updated. Flat screen TV in suites, well equipped. Rooms clean and roomy. Breakfast buffet was good, with a variety of selections. Front desk staff very helpful. A good location, a short walk to Trader Joes and a number of eateries and shops. Met all of our needs for our long weekend stay.

Room Tip: Get up high for a better view of mountains and sunsets
1 Thank Southsider62
Brent G, Manager at Residence Inn Scottsdale North, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Hello Southsider. We are happy that you chose to stay with us on the "north side" of Scottsdale. It seems that you enjoyed your stay in our fresh rooms and I'd expect nothing less. I look forward to your return visit with us. Please let me know if I can assist you with a reservation or anything else.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Hotel is lovely and clean, staff is excellent. Breakfast was good two hot dishes besides the waffles. Pool area was lovely and relaxing. The one thing you do need a car for this hotel because they don't have an airport shuttle and its at the far end of Scottsdale road so you have to drive or take a taxi to fashion square or old town. In the one bedroom suites there is a double bed and a fold out couch and the kitchens are actually pretty big and have everything including a dishwasher. We really enjoyed our stay!

Room Tip: Make sure you have some sort of transportation booked.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Brent G, Manager at Residence Inn Scottsdale North, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Hi Liana - I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. You're right, if you are looking to go to Fashion Square Mall or Old Town Scottsdale, it's best to have a rental car or take a taxi. However we do offer complimentary shuttle service within a five-mile radius of our hotel. While this does not include South Scottsdale, there are some excellent shopping and dining options right in our backyard. I encourage you to try them next time that you come to stay with us. Just let me know and I'm happy to make another reservation for you and give you some more specific details.

Thanks!

Coronado, California
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed at this Residence Inn because of the location to Barrett Jackson. The staff that work here are some of the nicest staff that we have ever encountered at a Marriott. The room was very clean and comfortable. The evening reception that they had every night was amazing; they served hot food that was so tasty along with beer and wine. Everything was constantly replenished up till the final minutes of happy hour. This place is definitely a winner and one place we will be revisiting on our next trip. We are silver members of Marriott and have stayed at many Residence Inn, but this one deserves top honors!! Oh yes, and many thanks for finding and returning my leather jacket I left at happy hour.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bevertl
Brent G, Manager at Residence Inn Scottsdale North, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Hello bevertl. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. It means a lot to have you speak so highly of us, especially since you've stayed at so many Marriotts / Residence Inns. Also, we've recently upgraded our evening reception, so I'm pleased to see the nice feedback on that too.

Please let me know next time you're coming to town and I'll be happy to help you with a reservation. Hopefully we'll see you again soon, but if not, we will look for you during Barrett Jackson again in 2014.

Lake Oswego
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This Residence Inn might be a little hard to find at first but when you find it, you will appreciate the quiet white still happy with the location. The room was great, parking ample and the free breakfast was awesome! It is close to 101, TPC of Scottsdale and also close to many restaurants (even Inn-N-Out!) and shopping. Tried the Italian place (Carrabas?) within walking distance and that was quite nice. Very friendly staff and clean premises with a little kitchen for you to use as well as a good exercise facility. I would stay again for sure!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank littlemtn
Brent G, Manager at Residence Inn Scottsdale North, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Hello, Little Mountain. Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I agree with you about the surrounding restaurants (mmmm In-n-Out), and I'm glad that you appreciated our staff and facilities as much as I do. Hopefully your travels bring you back to Scottsdale soon and I'll look forward to your next reservation with us.

Please let me know if there's anything that I can do for you.

The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This hotel is excellent. I have had the opportunity to stay in many Residence Inns over the years, in fact I stayed in one for 40 days while my house was closing.
The staff here was very polite, attentive and accommodating.
I would stay here again and again.
Rooms very impeccable, amenities were complete and the property was not only clean but also comforting and the surroundings were beautiful. It was nice to see them incorporate the surroundings, rather than mow it all down.

Room Tip: Mine was great. Room 212
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Brent G, Manager at Residence Inn Scottsdale North, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Hi Eric - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. Our surroundings are beautiful and I'm glad that you noticed how we incorporate them into our layout. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to the next time that your travels bring you to Scottsdale. Please let me know if there's anything else that we can do for you.

brent.goss@rhwhotels.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsdale
Courtyard Scottsdale North
#51 of 75 in Scottsdale
Desert Ridge
Residence Inn Phoenix Desert View at Mayo Clinic

Been to Residence Inn Scottsdale North? Share your experiences!