“Great Stay!”

Ranked #57 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Coronado, California
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed at this Residence Inn because of the location to Barrett Jackson. The staff that work here are some of the nicest staff that we have ever encountered at a Marriott. The room was very clean and comfortable. The evening reception that they had every night was amazing; they served hot food that was so tasty along with beer and wine. Everything was constantly replenished up till the final minutes of happy hour. This place is definitely a winner and one place we will be revisiting on our next trip. We are silver members of Marriott and have stayed at many Residence Inn, but this one deserves top honors!! Oh yes, and many thanks for finding and returning my leather jacket I left at happy hour.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bevertl
Brent G, Manager at Residence Inn Scottsdale North, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Hello bevertl. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. It means a lot to have you speak so highly of us, especially since you've stayed at so many Marriotts / Residence Inns. Also, we've recently upgraded our evening reception, so I'm pleased to see the nice feedback on that too.

Please let me know next time you're coming to town and I'll be happy to help you with a reservation. Hopefully we'll see you again soon, but if not, we will look for you during Barrett Jackson again in 2014.

brent.goss@rhwhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Lake Oswego
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This Residence Inn might be a little hard to find at first but when you find it, you will appreciate the quiet white still happy with the location. The room was great, parking ample and the free breakfast was awesome! It is close to 101, TPC of Scottsdale and also close to many restaurants (even Inn-N-Out!) and shopping. Tried the Italian place (Carrabas?) within walking distance and that was quite nice. Very friendly staff and clean premises with a little kitchen for you to use as well as a good exercise facility. I would stay again for sure!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank littlemtn
Brent G, Manager at Residence Inn Scottsdale North, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Hello, Little Mountain. Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I agree with you about the surrounding restaurants (mmmm In-n-Out), and I'm glad that you appreciated our staff and facilities as much as I do. Hopefully your travels bring you back to Scottsdale soon and I'll look forward to your next reservation with us.

Please let me know if there's anything that I can do for you.

The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This hotel is excellent. I have had the opportunity to stay in many Residence Inns over the years, in fact I stayed in one for 40 days while my house was closing.
The staff here was very polite, attentive and accommodating.
I would stay here again and again.
Rooms very impeccable, amenities were complete and the property was not only clean but also comforting and the surroundings were beautiful. It was nice to see them incorporate the surroundings, rather than mow it all down.

Room Tip: Mine was great. Room 212
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Brent G, Manager at Residence Inn Scottsdale North, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Hi Eric - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. Our surroundings are beautiful and I'm glad that you noticed how we incorporate them into our layout. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to the next time that your travels bring you to Scottsdale. Please let me know if there's anything else that we can do for you.

Sugar Grove, Illinois, United States
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We were there for only a short time, 3 days, but it was very quiet, comfortable, and conveniently located to the attractions of Scottsdale and the sightseeing in the surrounding areas.
The beds and pillows were very comfortable and this is something that I am always picky about in hotels.
The other thing that was very nice was the complimentary breakfast every morning. A good selection of different breakfast choices in a buffet. Very convenient for us since we literally would roll out of bed and be eating breakfast within 5 minutes!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JuliaS60554
Brent G, Manager at Residence Inn Scottsdale North, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Hi Julia - I just wanted to say "thanks" for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I wouldn't expect it any other way. Please let me know if there's anything else that I can do for you. We look forward to seeing you again the next time that your travels bring you to Scottsdale.

Happy Holidays!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed 3 nights over Thanksgiving week. We checked in after midnight to find that the 2 bedroom suite I had reserved was not available. We were offered 2 rooms for the same rate instead. Luckily, my kids are teenagers so this actually worked out well, so we did not try to move once the larger suite was available. The rooms were very clean. The complimentary breakfast was ok, nothing special. The location was great and close to many restaurants and shopping. The air conditioning unit was quite loud but cooled the room well. We would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JM4488
Brent G, Manager at Residence Inn Scottsdale North, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Hi JM - I'm glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us over the holiday week. Hopefully your travels bring you back to Scottsdale again before next Thanksgiving, and when they do, we look forward to seeing you again.

Please let me know if there's anything else that I can do for you.

Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Reviewed November 29, 2012

My significant other and I stayed here between November 14 and 25 as he was semi-working and I was on vacation along for the ride. Our room was a King suite. This room is open-style and features a king bed, full kitchen, living room/sitting area, bathroom separate from the vanity, good sized closet, more than adequate drawer space. It was like having a little apartment. The hotel locations was ideal for us and really, within 20 minutes of many things of interest. We had a GPS so getting around was extremely easy. Great location. The room was very quiet except for a car alarm going off early one morning but that is not any fault of the hotel.

A full breakfast is included with your stay which includes scrambled eggs, a meat, some kind of potato, and another item like a pancake. Other options in the breakfast include waffles, cereal, fruit and yogurts, oatmeal, fruit, two juices and of course coffee and tea. Monday through Wednesday, they have a 'dinner' option in the evening from about 5:30 to 7:30. We never took advantage of this. I have some major food allergies and was able to navigate the breakfast selections but we always had other plans for evening.

The pool was great, usually quiet but even with kids around, it was perfect. Towels are provided. We used the exercise room nearly every day. Two treadmills and an eliptical machine. There was some kind of weight machine contraption but for someone who works out with free weights regularly, it was disappointing. The option of putting a device on the bottom section of the pulley was broken in the manner that you could not hook up a bar or anything to utilize it so doing bicep or tricep exercises was virtually n/a. I opted to enjoy the vacation and not worry about working out other than getting some long walks on the treadmill before heading to the pool.

This place is perfect especially for extended stays. The room we had was very comfortable, the location of the hotel is ideal, the services were great and the staff always friendly and helpful. We utilized the kitchen facilities frequently for leftovers and other supplies for sandwiches and simple meals.

Business will take us there again. We loved this place and will stay there when we return. I highly recommend this accommodation.

Room Tip: I don't know about the other rooms but the suite rooms are definitely worth the money especially...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Lori H
Brent G, Manager at Residence Inn Scottsdale North, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Hello Lori - Thank you for taking the time and effort to review our property. Based on its length and depth, you obviously put a lot of thought into it and that means a lot to us. I'm thrilled that your experience was such a positive one and we truly look forward to your next visit. Please feel free to contact me directly if there's anything that I can do for you.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed four nights for a conference at the Westin (which was full). Room was clean. Decor was generic and boring. Ground-floor room with view of parking lot and streetlights shining in at night (so I had to close the dark curtains). Breakfast was the usual inedible chain-hotel stuff (no better or worse than elsewhere), with the usual gimmicks (make your own waffles), but not one loaf of real bread in sight.

Room was set up as a bedroom (with TV) and a living room (with couch, desk, TV, and kitchen corner). Small desk and chair was fine; good to have electrical outlets in the base of lamps for phone/laptop chargers. Wifi worked, but had one of those annoying sign-in pages. Bathroom was fine. Water heavily chlorinated, so it would have been nice to have complimentary bottled water. Full-size refrigerator, dishwasher, small electric range, large counter. I didn't need any of that. I suppose it would be handy for a long stay, but I think I'd shoot myself if I had to spend a long stay here.

Interior court was fairly pleasant, with palm trees and fire pit (populated by smokers in the evening). Indoor breakfast area pretty depressing. Hotel is surrounded by parking lots and other chain hotels. Shopping center across a highway. Nearby mall (about 20 minutes' walk) has an amazingly complete selection of big-box stores.

Shuttle bus to conference was fine, though it didn't run late at night, so was not as handy as I expected. But it's only 30 minutes' walk to Westin; though it is deserted at night, it seemed reasonably safe.

Room Tip: If I were forced to stay here again, I'd ask for a courtyard-side room on a high floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hi Egregio - I'm glad that you had the opportunity to stay with us, but I regret that you were not more impressed with our recent renovation or the efforts of our staff members to make your stay more pleasant. You're right that we do cater to longer-term stays, and for many of them the full kitchen facilities are extremely valuable. We do appreciate your feedback and the time and effort that you put into your response. I invite you to call me directly on your next visit and I will make sure we get you located with a beautiful view of our courtyard.

Thanks,

brent.goss@rhwhotels.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsdale
Courtyard Scottsdale North
#52 of 75 in Scottsdale
Desert Ridge
Residence Inn Phoenix Desert View at Mayo Clinic

Been to Residence Inn Scottsdale North? Share your experiences!