“Needs new air conditioning unit”

Hampton Inn & Suites Scottsdale/Riverwalk
Ranked #19 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Lemon Grove, United States
“Needs new air conditioning unit”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

This is a new Hotel that needs new air conditioning units, the staff is great and helpful, the property itself is very nice and well kept. I hope they upgrade the units. It would be nice if Hilton would put hotel in Fountain Hills.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Kirk W
Michael R, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Scottsdale/Riverwalk, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. I'm glad to see that your experience was such a (mostly) positive one.

We usually don't get comments on our AC units regarding noise but we are having routine maintenance performed on ALL of our AC units next month so hopefully if you stay with us in the future you will see a difference.

Thanks again, and If we can ever be of service in the future, please don't hesitate to let us know!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 11, 2014

The hotel is very close to Talking stick and the baseball field at Salt river. There are some amenities fairly close by, but a good restaurant is not among them. Hotel staff very helpful and the rooms clean well appointed and comfortable. Worked out well for us.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. I'm glad to see that your experience was such a positive one. If we can ever be of service in the future, please don't hesitate to let us know!
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed March 11, 2014

This hotel is very close to Salt River Fields and Talking Stick Casino. Also, it's located just off the freeway. We stayed here on a very last minute trip to AZ. It was a nice Hampton and appeared to be newer. Breakfast is standard at each Hampton, however fruit seemed to be missing here. The only fruit offering they had were apples. Usually they have bananas and a mixed bowl of fruit. Not a big deal, but it would have been nice for a little variety. Overall, a nice stay.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

I noticed your comment on the breakfast fruit items and I wanted to let you know that we do offer an assortment of cut fruit every morning, including pineapples, melon, canteloupe, and more. For whole fruit we usually offer bananas and apples both in the breakfast area and the main lobby. I apologize if the cut fruit was either out or not easily displayed when you were with us, though.

Thanks again for staying with us, and if we can ever be of service in the future, please don't hesitate to let us know!
Los Osos, CA
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Checking in tired after the bustle of traveling that moment of arrival is THE moment when the hassle is over, I am at what will be home for the next four nights. Immediately with a genuine friendly greeting and prepared, the desk clerk knew who I was, Kenneth was ready to get things started. As personable as an old friend but not overly solicitous that sounds rote it broke the formality of two strangers doing business. He kept the tone professional but with a kindness that needed no wariness from me. After getting my room a I had a couple of questions, next staff members Terry and Chris couldn't have been better unless they carried me on their shoulders around the dining room. Sara had been very very accommodating in phone conversations prior to my arrival, she was on my side with the change I requested and got it fine. I didn't get the night girl's name but was perfect with the help I needed changing the satellite clock that decided to jump ahead on Daylight Saving Time. Point is good home away from home, location is close to stadium that houses two teams and to grocery store that has everything,I got some $6.00 sushi and other munchies. Supermarket and restaurants walking distance for exercise or drive in minutes. Standard Hampton,clean, views of acres of desert and mountains. I walked to casino, strolled around once and left, gambling ain't my thing. I'll come back and I am positive staff will remember me. Good for family's, business and Spring training!

Room Tip: If staying few nights ask about upgrade to suite, they're roomier. Hotel pool was not working d...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank gfreiberg
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. I'm glad to see that your experience was such a positive one. And I'm very glad that you had the chance to meet our staff. Any success we have is because of their great attitude and service.

Austin, United States
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Room was excellent, very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The rest of the hotel was exceptional as well, and staff was very courteous and helpful. Close to casino which is what I was looking for.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. I'm glad to see that your experience was such a positive one. We work hard to make sure each and every guest experience is great and I'm glad that yours was no exception. If we can ever be of service in the future, please don't hesitate to let us know!
Ventura, California
Reviewed February 27, 2014

This hotel is somewhat new but you would not know it by how dirty it is. I was with a group of people and we stayed for a week. My room was never vacuum or dusted and the others seem to feel that this was more like a extended stay. The food was awful. The staff seem to be more interested in texting on the phone then checking in our group. Management was unavailable. I am disappointed and will never return.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank richard k
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. I'm sorry to see that your experience was not a positive one. I have reviewed your comments with our staff regarding cell phone/texting and cleanliness.

For the sake of an accurate review I did want to point out that this hotel uses iPods for tracking room inspections, maintenance requests and more using a system called Quore, so it may have "appeared" like the staff was texting when in fact they were entering important hotel data to make sure all rooms are cleaned, inspected, and maintained.

Currently we are also in the top half of ALL Hampton hotels worldwide in our cleanliness scores so I apologize if your specific experience was different than that of the majority of our guests. I will review this with our staff as well as we try and provide an exemplary experience for each and every one of our guests.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 24, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed four nights at this hotel. The room, free breakfast, internet in the room and the facilities worked well. We will go back. It is also located next to the Talking Stick Casino so it was convenient to walk to the casino for several nice restaurants for dinner. The staff was pleasant and accommodating. Room was quite well serviced but we did notice several small pieces of paper that had not been picked up during our stay.

Room Tip: I would suggest a room in the front of the building on the second floor. Very quiet and nice to see...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple