“Fun, friendly and great value”

Grassroots kitchen and Tap
Reserve with OpenTable
Grassroots kitchen and Tap is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 1,262 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Halesworth, United Kingdom
“Fun, friendly and great value”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Ate here four times during my stay in Phoenix - lovely food, particularly the salads (try the Roasted Chicken Waldorf, my favourite!) Choose one of the booths if you can - comfortable and spacious. I booked to take my aunt and uncle on the last night of my stay - their first time at Grassroots, and they were very impressed. Impressive choice of beers on tap, according to my uncle! Chilled wines were lovely, and it's always pleasant to be offered iced tea or water to accompany your food. Staff are young, knowledgeable about what they are offering, and very pleasant.

Visited April 2014

Gunnison, Colorado
“Good Food - Helpful Service - Spacious Seating”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We were three women stopping by for lunch. We liked that fact that their menu lists 6 salad choices! We chose the Chopped salad - 2 shared the large salad & I ordered the smaller salad
( $ 7.00 ) Not all restaurants offer you the ability to be able to order 1/2 salad which is great if not having a person to share with! I asked to add the blackened Mahi Mahi to my salad & they did! The menu only stated that the salmon could be added to a salad. The grilled & blackened Mahi Mahi was done just right & the portion was so large that I was able to take 1/2 of it home! YUM! We enjoyed our meals & highly recommend this pleasant restaurant to all! The outside patio seating is quite spacious & the bar in the center of the restaurant is very large. I saw people eating the ribs & they looked wonderful, too! The only negative ( not this restaurant's fault ) was the few parking spaces available at lunch time. There are several restaurants in this area & all the parking was filled. We finally found a parking spot a fair distance away! Guess you have to go earlier or later than at noon even on a weekday! Do try it, you will return!

• Visited April 2014
Fort McMurray, Canada
“Best braised short ribs!”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Group of ten women, enjoying a night out. Each dish was excellent, appetizer and entrees and of course drinks! Chop salad amazing! Roti rib delicious, and the braised ribs out of this world, just saying... able to be cut with a fork. Try it you won't be disappointed.

• Visited March 2014
Frisco, Colorado
“Expensive house wine”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We had a delicious Tuna appetizer, a club house salad with roasted chicken and an ahi tuna salad. The food had fresh ingredients and was flavored well. As we sat at the bar, the service was attentive and friendly. However, the house wine (on tap!) was very expensive ($11.00) per glass. This is a nice restaurant but not that fancy! We usually pay $5.00-$7.00 per glass for house wine.

• Visited March 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
“Will never return!”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

My husband ate lunch here a few weeks ago, and raved about the food, the selection, and the service, so we returned recently for dinner.

We were seated outside, and soon realized that this was not a good choice. Although the evening was beautiful, proximity to the street meant that every motorcycle passing by interrupted our conversation. Our drink orders were taken immediately, but they took a while to fill. When we placed our orders, we asked for some substitutions to accommodate dietary restrictions, but were informed that "we can't do" each request. One requested substitute was cauliflower, which was accompanying a special of the night. But we were told that the cauliflower is only plated with the fish special... basically, if they used cauliflower for other dishes, they wouldn't have enough to serve with all of the fish specials. Hmm.

We ordered the spit fire free range chicken, and the roasted chicken waldorf salad. The salad was OK, but the dressing was nondescript. I asked for them to substitute the creamy garlic dressing for the original mustard honey yogurt dressing, but there was barely any dressing and I couldn't detect any taste. The free range chicken was not flavorful at all - after an initial tasting, my husband requested BBQ sauce to give the chicken some flavor.

Our server was not service oriented. After our original encounter where she told us what she could not do for substitutions, she left our drinks unrefreshed for long periods of time, and when serving or clearing the table, reached over me to get to my husband. At the end of the meal, we requested to speak with the manager, and after he added to the "can't do" list (he couldn't sit down to have a conversation with us) he informed us that, basically, no one else but us has ever complained about the food or the service. Well, I guess that says it all.

• Visited April 2014