“So Much Fun!”

and up
Segway Tour of Tempe Town Lake in Arizona
Ranked #3 of 51 Tours in Scottsdale
More attraction details
Owner description: Established: 2005. We tour 3 incredible locations: Old Town - Tempe Town Lake - Downtown Phoenix. We were the first Segway tour in Arizona with over 1,800 positive reviews across the internet.
Reviewed September 17, 2013

A last minute decision, I called Segway of Scottsdale to see if they had availability for a segway tour at the JW Mariott for my husband and I that evening. It was our last night in Phoenix and we really wanted the chance to try a segway tour before we went home. They did have room and I went immediately to Groupon and purchased a half price coupon. Printed it out at our hotel's business center.

When we finally found the area near the tennis courts at the JW Marriot where the segways were set up and where our tour would begin; we were surprised and pleased that we would be the only participants in this tour. Our guide, Tiffany was excellent in explaining all the safety rules and made me feel so comfortable on the segway (as I have never been on one before). We had a sunset tour of the streets and desert around the Marriott. We had so much fun and got great photos of a large cactus and the sunset. Tiffany was an excellent tour guide that told us many facts about the area and vegetation and wild life.

We recommend this tour to everyone. We will definitely do it again the next time we travel to the area.

SegwayofScottsdaleAZ, Owner at Segway of Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2016

We are delighted you enjoyed your tour with Segway of Scottsdale and Tempe and thank you for the feedback.
It is wonderful to hear from our valued customers and we appreciate your business.

There are newer reviews for Segway of Scottsdale

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Our tour guide Jordan was fantastic. Me and my husband were first time riders and I was a bit nervous. Jordan took the time I needed and explained completly how to ride and helped me feel safe and comfortable. The tour was fun, lots of incredible views and we got a small break part way through. I highly recommend wearing comfortable shoes for standing

Reviewed May 14, 2013

My husband and I took the Segway Tour of the Desert near Desert Ridge Marriott in North Phoenix. We had never "Segway'd" before, so were happy we were given full instructions on how to ride and safety tips. We LOVED it! After practicing for a bit, our group was off through the beautiful desert. This was the perfect time of the year since it is Spring and the desert is in bloom. We definitely want to do another Segway Tour. The machines are very well balanced and easy to ride. Tiffany and Devon were great instructors and made sure each of us was comfortable with riding before we started out.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We booked a 2-hour tour with this company thinking they were a different company in Scottsdale. It was obvious from the start that something wasn't right. We thought it was a little suspect that there was no place of business to meet them and our tour guide, Aaron, pulled up into the parking lot with our Segways in the back of a pickup truck. The area where we were given training instruction was rather odd and it felt as though we weren't supposed to be there. Training lasted about 20-30 minutes before we headed out. The "tour" started out in a single file, follow the leader format with no interaction from our guide. I tried to engage him with some questions about the area and the things we were seeing, but he could not answer a single question that we had. As others have said, it was obvious that these folks have no idea what they're doing.

Ironically and to add insult to the situation, while we were on our rest stop the other company that I had intended to book with pulled up to the sculpture where we were stopped and gave more information to his guests in the 5 minutes we saw them than we got throughout our entire time with Aaron.

We paid full price for a guided, 2-hour Segway Tour of Old Towne. What we got was a 1 hour and 20-minute (INCLUDING training) Segway ride with little guidance and no information about the area. We didn't even get a bottle of water. After doing a little research (that I should have done before booking), I discovered that this company runs frequent Groupon offers and does high volume tours in other areas as a result. I'm quite sure they saw dollar signs with us as full paying customers and decided to take us through Old Towne to make a quick buck. While the Segway was fun to ride, that is not what we paid for. We paid for a TOUR. To be honest, even the Groupon rate would've been a rip off for what we got.

My advice, stay away from this company at any cost. It's certainly not about quality with these people.

4  Thank dogbreeder77
Management response:Responded 1 week ago

THIS REVIEW IS OUT OF DATE AND DOES NOT REFLECT OUR CURRENT QUALITY STANDARDS.

UPDATE: SEPT 8, 2017

Dogbreeder77,

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your tour in 2013. It was about 4 years ago and many things have changed at our company. We have an entirely new staff here and since you toured with us, we have increased the quality and standard of our service significantly. We are now one of the premiere tour operators in the state.

We also won the 2017 Traveler's Choice Award on Viator.

Since your review is out of date and does not reflect what is currently happening at our company, I would be happy to issue you a free tour for two in hopes that your perception of our company will change to 5 stars, where it belongs and what our track record reflects.

Feel free to call me anytime for those free passes! (480) 306-4801

Jason
Manager
Segway of Scottsdale

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We were looking for a place to "Segway" in the valley and due to Groupon decided to try Segway of Scottsdale. Great time .. very organized ... will be a repeat customer without the Groupon push.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction