“Clean & Comfortable Enjoyable Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Scottsdale Villa Mirage
Ranked #46 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Montclair, NJ
“Clean & Comfortable Enjoyable Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

I don’t own at a Diamond International Resort but have stayed at The Ridge on Sedona Golf Resort and now the Scottsdale Villa Mirage and I must admit, both of these places were very enjoyable. The Scottsdale Villa Mirage isn’t on the main road but still close to everything you might require; Neighborhood Grocery Stores, Wholefoods, Trader Joes, Restaurants, Shopping Malls, TPC Golf etc,

The property isn’t extremely large, but these are Beautifully Renovated Villas with Separate Bedrooms, Full-sized Refrigerator, Dishwashers, stove/oven-microwave, washer & dryer, two flat screen TV’s, Jacuzzi Tub,Free WiFi plus a Gas Fireplace. The bed is very comfortable with fine linens and pillows. There is also a free self-serve laundry room for those that rent the Studio rooms which does not have a washer and dryer hookup. Unfortunately, we did not have a chance to utilize everything on their facility, but I’m told they have a steam room inside the locker rooms behind the main pool. The fitness center is small but has most of the major workout machines.

There is also an Oasis café which has a limited menu and I’m told the services and food are very good

This is the perfect place for families or couples and long term or short term. It is about 30 mins from downtown Scottsdale. Everyone on site was very friendly and helpful.

Overall, this very relaxing location

2 Thank NorthernNJFam5

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Sunbury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

This is my 2ND time staying here, first time in a 1 Bedroom, this time in a Studio and I really enjoy it! It is always clean and comfortable and close to everything! The grounds here are very pretty ad the pool has lots of room to swim and play. Very nice gym as well.

1 Thank rmurphy1971
diamondresorts, Manager at Scottsdale Villa Mirage, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thank you for returning to Scottsdale Villa Mirage. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our accommodations, as well as our onsite activities. Our goal is to provide relaxation with plenty of fun for guests of all ages. Thank you again and we look forward to your return!
West Chester, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

This was a timeshare exchange, and we were very pleased. We had a one bedroom unit with a well-stocked kitchen. The bed and living room furniture were very comfortable. There were two flat screen TV's. Everyone on site was very friendly and helpful. The fitness center had everything we needed. I had a lovely massage one day and enjoyed a yoga class poolside. The main pool area and hot tub were very nice. There was also a quiet retreat area with a hot tub tucked away on the property. Ask for it! There were many other areas for grilling, gathering, games, and a children's play area. It's a perfect place for families or couples and long term or short term. It is about 30 mins. from downtown Scottsdale and 45 mins. from Lake Saguaro. Shopping abounds all along Scottsdale Rd. It is a perfect location for a Scottsdale vacation.

3 Thank WestChester_PAPerk
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

We had 3 nights stay there in a studio room of a king bed and a queen pull out sofa bed.Both of them are top quality beds.There is a full size fridge,kitchenette with 2 electric stovetop,microwave and conventional oven unit,a good coffee machine,blender and toaster!Though they have huge bathroom,but there is no bathtub.We didn't have chance to enjoy most of their facilities,but we did enjoy their steam room inside the locker rooms behind the pool.There is free self serve laundry room and they provided laundry detergent.The hotel location is behind the strip and many neighborhood stores are just around the corner,ie. wholefood, trader joes,fresh & easy,& upscales shopping mall,Scottsdale quarter!Nice property!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank pkong13141
Tacoma, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

This is my timeshare home, but it was my first time staying at Villa Mirage. We had a studio. The layout was great for us, and everything we needed for the kitchen was there. Lots of storage, which was a surprise. Location was very good. We were disappointed by the lack of a view, as we looked over the parking lot. The exercise room was so-so. I never could get the sauna to work, which was disappointing, although I never reported it. After I found food and drink cups in there several times, I really didn't want to use it anyway. It just didn't feel clean to me.For people who like games by the pool, it is a plus for them. I really like to nap by the pool, so it was more of a distraction for me. Hot tubs were nice, especially the ones away from the pool. Nice having the washers and driers, but I heard complaints about the driers. I have to admit, I gave up trying to get my things dry after a couple of cycles. Overall, it was fine, but certainly not luxurious. Should be noted there are no elevators, but they will help take your luggage up when checking in, if you want to wait.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
diamondresorts, Manager at Scottsdale Villa Mirage, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Thank you for your review. We were extremely delighted whenever we receive feedback from our valued owners and members! We are equally disappointed that your stay with us did not fully measure up to your expectations and that the lack of scenic views from your unit had a negative impact on your stay. We are sorry that the resorts positioning prevents us from being able to offer views to every guest of the resort however, we are happy to take into consideration your specific view requests when notified ahead of time (subject to availability). Nevertheless, we sincerely apologize for any displeasure this may have caused. We hope that we will have another opportunity to see you again soon for a more enjoyable experience.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

This was our first trip to Scottsdale, and I booked through Diamond Resorts. This makes it hard to compare whether it was a good deal in terms of people who pay for their rooms, but in terms of our points, it was an awesome deal. We found everything about the Villa Mirage appealing. The room, while a lock-off (like a hotel room) was a nice size with plenty of storage. (There is a large linen type closet in the bathroom that I didn't initially see.) Everything was clean and updated, and the staff was super friendly. There are loads of activities, and someone even came around to the pool passing out ice pops on a hot day. There is free coffee and tea 24/7, and many amenities, such as an adult only hot tub, fire pit, bar-b-ques, etc. The one bedroom units have washers and dryers right in the units, but there is free laundry facilities (they will even give you the detergent) in the complex. Vacation clubs do not offer daily cleaning (usually once/week), so this was something we knew about. When I requested a few extra towels they were brought up immediately, and when we asked the front desk to light the fire pit, the man was there before I got down to it. Can't say enough about positive things about this resort.

Room Tip: No elevator, as previously noted by others, so be aware if you have mobility problems. We requested...