“Relly nice restaurant in a hidden location”

S & V Urban Italian
Ranked #165 of 1,256 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Local restaurant.
Phoenix, Arizona
“Relly nice restaurant in a hidden location”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

In a somewhat hidden place lies a great casual italian food. If you want italian but different than Bucca, Oreganos and Maggianos, then you may want to check this place out.
Service was great, food is very tasty and ambiance is also attractive. Went on a Sunday and wasn't busy at all. Apparently they get busy during the week.
Worth checking it out for sure

Visited October 2013

Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Flavor, But Sand in the Clams”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Sand in the Clams! We were a large party who came to the restaurant early in the evening. The appetizers we shared included Eggplant Rollatini, fried calamari, and the traditional caprese. The eggplant appetizer was terrific with a red sauce that had a freshness/zing to it. The calamari was cooked properly. The tomato and mozzarella of the caprese were cut thick. The veal marsala was very good. I ordered the linguini with white clam sauce. The taste was terrific (usually too bland at other restaurants) and the linguini was cooked properly. The kitchen missed badly on the cleanliness of the clams, where I encountered an unwelcome, experience-ruining presence of sand. I stopped eating after the third encounter. Avoid this dish. The wait staff offered a dessert to compensate for this issue, which was inadequate.
The ambiance is noisy and boisterous in a positive way, so kids are welcome. The kids in our party enjoyed their angel hair pasta, but were a bit surprised at the light texture of the meatballs. The restaurant offered $2 off appetizers during happy hour, even on a Saturday night. Another yelper indicated that the appetizer portions were huge, but that did not align with our experience ... we placed multiple orders for the rollatini and calamari. Stone IPA on tap was a pleasant surprise. Those who drank wine expressed a high level of satisfaction with the wine choices/prices. I saw another yelper comment about hair in their salad, and we did have a similar issue with a caesar salad (anchovies $1 extra). Agree with a previous yelp review indicating that the prices are not high at this restaurant.
If the kitchen would get their act together and properly clean the shellfish, I would give a higher rating. I put down 4 stars, but I really think that 3 1/2 is correct.

• Visited October 2013
scottsdale
“Awesome food and lively scene! Great service!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

There are a bazillion places to eat Italian and so much of it is just the same old, same old. Not Stone and Vine! I absolutely adore this restaurant. The food is out of this world good. I have had 4 different meals here and all of them amazing. The seafood risotto, meatballs, mussels, pizza eggplant...wow...they just do everything so well. Also, happy hour is great with great drink specials and $2 off on appetizers. Funny thing, started out the evening at Renegade next door and it was dead (and it was awful) and decided to leave and go to Stone and Vine where I previously had just had dinner. Happy hour was packed here and I know why! This place is a solid home run!

• Visited September 2013
El Paso, Texas
“Flies”
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I came in because of the review score, but our food tasted pretty commercial and there were a lot of flies around us indoors; makes you wonder how the kitchen must be. Our water glass sat empty for 10-minutes.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Sthomson77
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Quasi Italian with good service and nice wine selection”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Have been here three times and can say that most of the food seemed fresh and well prepared. Had a veal piccata dish that was tasty and prepared nicely. The veal was 'real' and not what you often get in restaurants that serve poor cuts combined with fillers. The one problem I had - on two visits- was their inability to serve the pasta 'al dente' as requested. Both times the waitress did not know what the term meant. As a result we were served overlooked linguine which really detracted from the overall quality of the meal. The salads are fresh, well prepared, and generous servings.

The servers are generally friendly, attentive and knowledgeable (except for the 'al dente' issue).
'
Both my husband and I love good Italian food - I would have to say that the food here is a very Americanized version of authentic fare. However, we have been pleased with the menu and the selection of Italian wines and beer. The only caveat - be prepared to wait and be prepared for excessively loud dining.

• Visited July 2013